Thread: The 360 version

Default The 360 version

Okay, I need something answered. How does the 360 version compare to the PC and PS2 version? The PS2 version is pretty much out of stock and I would prefer a console version of a PC version (Because I am more familiar with a normal gaming control then a mouse/keyboard to control). The press reviews seemed rather disappointed (typically 6/10) so I wasn't sure how good the 360 version is compared to the other version

And that leads to my next question. How does FFIX on a whole compared to other MMORPGs? Currently I am stuck between FFIX and WoW as my first MMORPG (and no way I am paying for both).

Well the 360 version is better graphics(not by too much) and better draw distance. Outside of that theres no glaring differences which means the ratings for the 360 version is obviously low since the graphics and mechanics are on the low end compared to other 360 games. This game did come out 2002 ish after all..

I have not played enough WoW to actually comment on it (go lvl 4 Druid! LOL) outside that FFXI seems more oldschool, more bread and butter-ish and needs more patience with a love for grouping, while WoW at the moment (lol lvl 4 again) seems a bit more fast paced with the way its setup and easier interface to use once you get used to. WoW also seems heavily Quest related, however most of the ones i did were kill soso monsters or fetch soso items; not that FFXI doesnt have any of those either though but it doesnt seem to stand out as much to me.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Two more questions:

1.) Is the 360 version limited to only 360 owners or can communicate to PC/PS2 owner?

2.) How is the overall community?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I played WoW right till level 70 (60 at first. replayed once Expansion came out).

I donno... I much prefer FFXI... just simply because you have so much to look forward toward to :3

1.) Is the 360 version limited to only 360 owners or can communicate to PC/PS2 owner?
    - all together n_n-b

2.) How is the overall community?
    - as good as any MMORPG can get (it still has a couple of nasty pasties.. ._.)

edit: I actually have many reasons for playing it still -_-;
    but it's all IMO stuff.

Okay. I needed these questions answered because I may consider getting FFXI in the future.

Just watch out for the HNM community. Some of them can be real pricks.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Asking if FFXI is wrth getting to hardcore FFXI players is like asking women if they like chocolate >_> of course we'll say it's worth it lol
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalshiva View Post
    Asking if FFXI is wrth getting to hardcore FFXI players is like asking women if they like chocolate >_> of course we'll say it's worth it lol
    On the bright side at least they played it

Most people are netrual forums regarding FFXI (IE Nsider) are mostly prejudicial on FFXI. I am aware that it is likely bias, which is my concern about buying it (and the econimics). But I decided which was better. Asking people who were prejudical or asking fans. And I though asking the fans was a better choice (even if still a weak one)

I know back in the day a few gaming websites gave it a bad review, only because they played the first 20 levels and that was it. I've managed to play it for 4 years and it has been an amazing experience.

The reason I leave now, is mainly due to the difficulty in the end-game linkshells I was in, due to my time zone and the fact that I am now grown up with more responsibilities in real life (namely job, uni, girlfriend, etc).

I'd say get it if you are in a decent time zone with a lot of english players and a fair amount of time on your hands (let's say a casual end-game shell does dynamis twice a week, each one takes around 3-5 hours to complete depending on the group - then there's other end-game events like sky, sea, limbus, etc).

So yeah, if you have the time on your hands, go for it. You'll probably get a lot more out of it than a more casuall MMO. But if you want some easy going play, with a lot of casual features, go for something else.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Xbox360 pros and cons.

Pros
    - Graphics at their peak.
    - Supported by surround sound.
    - Available in HD.
    - Xbox users get less lag.
    - The controller is soo much easier to come to terms with than the Keyboard.

Cons
    - No windower.
    - My firewall decided to block my Xbox and computer working simultaneously.
    - Making Videos is not as easy (if possible?).
    - Access to the masses of information that you will inevitably need if you are to play the game won't be right in front of you, unless your Xbox and computer happen to be side by side (Mine certainly aren't ;_; ).
    - Unfortunately I can't seem to E-mail screenshots to myself, limiting my Screen shots to 99.
    - You cannot take Screen prints (Which would be useful).