Thread: Swiss Army Knife

Default Swiss Army Knife

Just finished this off in Maya with only some basic blinn materials. I created it to teach myself a range of things including NURBS, Polygon and SubDivision Surface tools. Each tool is fully functional as well, meaning you can pivot them in and out, and even pivot the scissors so they actual cut.

Anyways, thought I'd just render a few angles and post them here, tell me what you think.

Front

Back

Side

So yeah, post whatever you'd like.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I used to do some of these in school too using a software called "Rhino" or something! And the picture will be perfect if there is bloodstain all over the blades.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm not an expert in such matters, but I think that looks really awesome. Great job.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Really well done. How long did it take?

I don't know much about Maya, but have you thought about making the surfaces of the blades more reflective? The casing looks sufficiently plastic-y, but the blades could use a little shine to make them look more metallic.

Rhino is a kids toy.

And it took me around 4 hours spread over 2 days (things came up). I know what you mean about it looking plastic, but I haven't really learnt much about materials and textures. I think just for now I will focus on modeling, then get into all that stuff later down the track.

Thanks for the comments.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

That's pretty awesome, man. I've got faith that you'll get even better in no time at all; you usually do.