Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Let it be a rumor SE! Just let it be a rumor!

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    V... Voice... acting...? I wonder if they mean the new 'Theme of Love' song or all dialogue, like FF CC RoF?
    So there's going to be an official, vocalised utterance of "you spoony bard"?
    This has the potential to be awe-inspiring.
    I hope Tellah has a good voice-actor. I really hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

HOOTERS, who doesn't post here any more ( ), once said that Tellah looks like Dame Edna. 'Cross-dressing old man' and all that. If they could get Barry Humphries to voice Tellah... well, the possibilities are nigh endless

New info

IGN: Final Fantasy IV Update

The Final Fantasy remake machine is running at full speed at Square Enix's offices in Japan, and the latest result is a fully 3D remake of Final Fantasy IV. Famitsu scored an interview with key staff members of the DS remake, which follows in the footsteps of the platinum selling remake of part III.

In the magazine's hot seat this week were director Takashi Tokita (scenario and planning on the original SNES version) and producer Tomoya Asano, who also produced the FFIII remake. The game is in development at a company called Matrix, who also handled the FFIII port, although these two are Square Enix staffers.

Tokita is the FF veteran here. He actually became a full Square employee during development of the original FFIV, which was the first time he had full control over the event planning on an RPG. For the remake, he's rechecking the original's scenario, which he wrote himself, and has managed to work in some new events. He stated of the remake, "It's new, but it's FFIV."

In somewhat of a surprising revelation, Tokita disclosed to Famitsu that only one-fourth of the original scenario made it into the Super Famicom title! The remake will see some areas fleshed out while others will be cut.

The two discussed some of the ways that game will make use of the DS. First off, they're working on ways to utilize the dual screens. During battle, the help window can be displayed larger thanks to the second screen. During dungeons, the bottom screen is used for an auto mapping feature. You can make your character move by touching the map with the stylus. While the D-pad is the main means of movement this time around, there will be some stylus-based mini games.

Tokita revealed that there are some big plans under way to make players play a second time. This is not limited to just restarting a game in a powerful condition, explained Asano.

Famitsu reports that one of the focuses with the remake project is to replicate the look of the original while making the move to 3D. Some areas will remain unaltered, including the number of enemies that appear in battle.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

One-Fourth? What the HELL are they doing?

...It would be pretty bad-ass to sneak into Baron with a ship like Cecil and co. planned before Leviathan attacked. Or an added fight on the Airship with Kain before you go get the Earth Crystal. Just don't add any weird un-necessary characters to my cast and I'll be content. Unless Giott decides to come along for a bit. That'd be kind of cool. 8-)

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

After reading all that, I really wish this game was in my hands right now. I guess I'm not going to sleep well for a few months!

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

So many remakes. It wont be long now till they eventually have to do the PS ones ^_^ Come on VII!!!

Too bad I don't like FFIV, I just wish they'd remake FFV for the UK, as they never released FFVA in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by gyrus View Post
    Too bad I don't like FFIV, I just wish they'd remake FFV for the UK, as they never released FFVA in the UK.
    FFVA Pal version is already start selling (I saw one in a shop in my area).

Anyway, what other new parts is going to added from FFIVA to FFIVDS other than 3D and voice acting?

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Well, they are trying to add more of the original script into the game, seeing as 75% from the original script was cut from the SNES game...

Quite frankly I'm sick of all these remakes. I've played all the originals and I think they're great. But...storyline wise it would be nice to hear the real deal from Square and not a fan translation.
    But hey, maybe I'm just mad cos I could never afford a DS let alone get one where I live or all the games.
    And what about FF Anthology I take it its a step up from that? And whats the difference between the GBA and PS versions?
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by gothic_fantasy View Post
    And whats the difference between the GBA and PS versions?
    Should all be in here.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by gothic_fantasy View Post
    Quite frankly I'm sick of all these remakes. I've played all the originals and I think they're great. But...storyline wise it would be nice to hear the real deal from Square and not a fan translation.
    But hey, maybe I'm just mad cos I could never afford a DS let alone get one where I live or all the games.
    And what about FF Anthology I take it its a step up from that? And whats the difference between the GBA and PS versions?
    Frankly, this is only the second remake of FF IV. All others were ports, except for the wonderswan I think

Sorry to sound repetitive, but if you don't like remakes, don't play them? No one is forcing you to buy and play them.

FFXIV Character

FINAL FANTASY ‡W

Just click the blue button to see the trailer (not that much happening, though, a nice shot from the Tower of Babel (Why Am I reminded of the Syrcus Tower from FF III so much? Heh heh...))

Awesome trailer! I can't wait till this comes out!