Thread: OMG I hate the setup...

Angry OMG I hate the setup...

I think I have the setup all done and then... WTF IS THIS???? A version update????!!!! MOTHER F---ERS!!!!!!!!!!! God............
    "Perhaps I care because I strive to be different from my people," he said "Perhaps I care because I am different from my people. I may be more akin to the races of the surface... that is my hope at least. I care because I have to care about something. You are not so different Bruenor Battlehammer. We care lest our own lives be empty."
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

For all the Tidus haters.... get over it. Tidus and Yuna are my favorite characters. And Yuna is mine, I love her.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Can I offer you a consolation prize?

The game's been out for what... 4-5 years? There's going to be a big update if you are doing a fresh install now. Get over it, it happens in a fair few MMO's.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    The game's been out for what... 4-5 years? There's going to be a big update if you are doing a fresh install now. Get over it, it happens in a fair few MMO's.
    And some great MMOs don't even delete the installers after the update... Talking about WoW taking up 15GB diskspace...

LOL sorry just angry. Wait, something else happened.... it won't work because of some TnL error!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!! Is there any way around this?
    "Perhaps I care because I strive to be different from my people," he said "Perhaps I care because I am different from my people. I may be more akin to the races of the surface... that is my hope at least. I care because I have to care about something. You are not so different Bruenor Battlehammer. We care lest our own lives be empty."
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

For all the Tidus haters.... get over it. Tidus and Yuna are my favorite characters. And Yuna is mine, I love her.

That means your video card doesn't support TnL. FFXI doesn't require you to have a top of the line system, but it (like many games for PC) require you to have at least somewhat decent specs. You can pick up a cheap video card that'll run it fine, these days.

Edit: And at least it's not like Vanguard, where you need to have a really beefy computer, plus 25GB or so free space.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yes, are you sure your computer has a supported 3D card?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Sorry, guys. I'm jus pretty angry. Yeah. So, now I just have to buy a new graphics card... more money spent.
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

Actually, the only thing you need TnL for in FFXI is the character creation screen and there's a work around for it. However, a card that doesn't support TnL probably would run the game like anyway.

BTW... judging from your seeming impatience, I have the feeling you're going to hate FFXI.

Actually, i have a lot of trouble in FFX so I have to be patient to not just give up the game and to train like I am.
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah >_> if you're getting mad at the errors, I'd hate to see what you're like when you level dragoon or dark knight! Good luck XD or do CoP missions oh em gee.
    Too big.