Thread: New FFXI Expansion!

Default New FFXI Expansion!

Wings of the Goddess

Will S-E actually let us go back in time?
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

I read about this a bit today on one of my favorite FFXI sites. I find it quite intriguing and think that participating more directly in seeing the backstory of Vana'diel is a great move.

Agreed. Looks like we'll be able to go to all of the zones before they were destroyed. Do I hear travelling through the Marquisate of Tavnazia anyone? >.>
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Frontsited!

Damn it's a shame I no longer play, this seems a lot cooler than the Aht Urgan expansion.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Damn it's a shame I no longer play, this seems a lot cooler than the Aht Urgan expansion.
    inorite.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Looks like I won't be canceling my content IDs after all!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I think thats awsome that another expansion is going to be realeased. I think its funny however that I personally have just barely scratched the surface of the other expansions.

Cool I wonder if this expansion will include more new jobs

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I say YAY!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Come on Geomancer!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Looks cool. I just wish SQ had a pause button to let the bloody thing cash instead of playing it by 5 second fragments with 10 seconds lag in between.

At least it saves it.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

the movie won't load for me for some reason, but from what little i've seen and heard about, it'll be great. I think the idea of a stand-alone type of expansion is wonderful, and could be the boost that the game needs. It's being headed up by the CoP people, and I absolutely loved CoP--hopefully they won't disappoint me. I'm also more hopeful about this expansion than I was about ToAU because it seems SE is developing the game a lot more intelligently recently than they had in the past. The June update sounds incredible. New ways to get abjurations(5/5 heca ftw finally), teleports from the 3 cities to whitegate, chocos @ altep&yhoat crystals and @leypoint in wajaom, beying able to redo DM earrings, etc etc etc...it seems they've begun to listen to their fans a bit. So hopefully this new attentiveness will translate into the new expansion as well.

there are a whole lot of possibilities that can come with this new expansion. I was thinking about this last night. Will SE open up new jobs? Will the new areas be like the promys and only accesable once you hit a certain plot in the story? Will the lvl limit be raised to accomidate the new areas or will they be lvl capped the promys.

As you can see a whole lot of questions can derrive from this.
    I also wonder if this new expansion will come out for the ps2 or just the x-box 360 and compy.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

If it follows the pattern there will be no new jobs, but if there are new jobs, methinks Time Mage or something like that will definetly be involved somehow.

They could have a load of ancient extinct jobs to bring back to the future, allowing for madness n stuff. *excited*

I wonder if they'd expand it to other expansion areas, like Aht Uhrgan (undersea ruins anyone? :O)
    jkhkjg