18 26.87%
  • Nintendo Wii

11 16.42%
  • PC, err... PC?

11 16.42%
  • Other

27 40.30%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What system to you want the FFXIII to be on?

Default What system to you want the FFXIII to be on?

Since it may be non-exlusive, which system(s) do you think should recieve a port of Final Fantasy XIII?

Sorry, if this thread is already in existance. I forgot to check and can't seem to delete it.
    Last edited by Zora; 05-13-2007 at 04:45 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

the wii because thats what i have

PC.-
    Consoles suck!!

GBA is the only logical choice.
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Final Fantasy XIII PS3 Preview, Final Fantasy XIII Playstation 3 Preview

Square Enix revealed a tiny trickle of new info and imagery for Final Fantasy XIII at its massive Square Enix Party 2007 event in Tokyo today. It's becoming tragically clear that tacking a few seconds of new footage onto a slightly remixed trailer constitutes a major update these days, so fans will simply have to contend with meager crumbs of intel until the floodgates finally open at some undisclosed future time, but we do have a few new minor details about the game.

FFXIII once again wowed crowds with its blend of jaw-droppingly gorgeous CG and almost equally sexy real-time combat scenes. Most of the new content came at the trailer's outset, as surreal, beautiful landscapes from one of the game's "worlds," Pulse, flashed across the screen in rapid succession. These environments (seemingly real-time) looked so intensely alien that it's hard to even process exactly what we were seeing...other than the fact that they're spectacularly pretty.

After that, we once again saw oddly-named heroine Lightning dispatching foes with her high-tech weaponry, absurd acrobatics, and impressive abilities to control both time and gravity. The recycled trailer then showcased her mysterious blonde male friend (a fellow party member, hopefully?) performing impressive motorcycle feats, the supersexy summon Shiva (and her twin sister of sorts) morphing into a motorbike, and plenty of ridiculously over-the-top action that seems far too chaotic and detailed to actually be gameplay.

Fans with watchful eyes caught tiny glimpses of new stuff, like summoned monster Ifrit and a new type of enemy solider, but most of the trailer felt like a rehash of what Square has been rolling out since last E3. No release date was given, naturally, but the game's PS3 exclusivity was once again confirmed at the clip's end.
    Its exclusive to PS3.

the wii because thats what i have

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post

Square Enix revealed a tiny trickle of new info and imagery for Final Fantasy XIII at its massive Square Enix Party 2007 event in Tokyo today. It's becoming tragically clear that tacking a few seconds of new footage onto a slightly remixed trailer constitutes a major update these days, so fans will simply have to contend with meager crumbs of intel until the floodgates finally open at some undisclosed future time, but we do have a few new minor details about the game.

FFXIII once again wowed crowds with its blend of jaw-droppingly gorgeous CG and almost equally sexy real-time combat scenes. Most of the new content came at the trailer's outset, as surreal, beautiful landscapes from one of the game's "worlds," Pulse, flashed across the screen in rapid succession. These environments (seemingly real-time) looked so intensely alien that it's hard to even process exactly what we were seeing...other than the fact that they're spectacularly pretty.

After that, we once again saw oddly-named heroine Lightning dispatching foes with her high-tech weaponry, absurd acrobatics, and impressive abilities to control both time and gravity. The recycled trailer then showcased her mysterious blonde male friend (a fellow party member, hopefully?) performing impressive motorcycle feats, the supersexy summon Shiva (and her twin sister of sorts) morphing into a motorbike, and plenty of ridiculously over-the-top action that seems far too chaotic and detailed to actually be gameplay.

Fans with watchful eyes caught tiny glimpses of new stuff, like summoned monster Ifrit and a new type of enemy solider, but most of the trailer felt like a rehash of what Square has been rolling out since last E3. No release date was given, naturally, but the game's PS3 exclusivity was once again confirmed at the clip's end.
    Its exclusive to PS3.
    That sounds more like speculation then direct confirmation. But noticed how I said may, and if this is indeed speculation it remains "may."

Right now it is basing it off what the trailer contained it seems like (or it is vague or I am basing something). It could be ported later. It could be a poor port, but it is a port nonetheless.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This came from the Square Enix Party itself. How is it speculation?

This came from the Square Enix Party itself. How is it speculation?
    Oh never mind. The fact that 1UP published and the way they worded it made it suggest it was speculation.

But still, I can't do anything. I can't delete this thread, so ya...

360 because that's what I've got

Cheers to Polaris for the set!

Final Fantasy's completed: I, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

360. It's the one that I have but the Wii would be good too because I'm planning on getting one.

Its exclusive to PS3.
    Yes only demented Xbox/wii fans think other wise
    I'm back who mised me.
    Tumble weed roles across the ground.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

360 or PC would be the only logical choice. The Wii couldn't even run such a game.

Xbox 360. The Wii isn't right for a game that's based mostly on flashiness.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Little tough to know what the gameplay's based on at all right now Roto.