Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: need...good...psp...game

Reggie! A PSP owner is looking for advice! Details are sketchy, but we can't ascertain whether he owns a DS or not! Recruit a team of teenagers... with attitude!
    'NINTENDO APPRECIATION SQUAD' REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR!
    SUIT UP AND ROLL OUT, N.A.S!
    That's how I like to think the internet works.
    Word/s.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Trust Maxico to commentate every time it happens.

I'm not turning this into a DS vs PSP argument, merely suggesting alternative means of entertainment. Sometimes you get better results if you think outside the box.

As for black mage's rant (which, if we were competing, would fail miserably to shut me up). If PSP>DS by virtue of emulation, thereby rendering the DS worthless (since it doesn't emulate), then that would make the PSP entirely useless because PCs have been emulating the PS1 for years. So has the PS2.

A system's worth is largely based on its unique software, something the PSP hasn't been able to boast about until recently. It's not about ports or rehashes or emulation. Those are nice extras, but it shouldn't be your focus.

In short, saying stuff like 'X system sux' now is ignorant. It all comes down to personal preference.

But yeah, I'd been putting my DS stuff in invisible spoilers, since it would/did spoil the thread. With spoilers, you're essentially supposed to pretend it doesn't exist, ya?

edit: It would be nice if the topic creator would reply.
    Last edited by JKTrix; 05-16-2007 at 04:29 PM.

While I agree with JKtrix for the most part, emulation can be your focus if you want it to be, as you said, its all down to personal preference. I bought a GP2X solely for emulators and homebrew, and it was awesome.

If someone wants to say something is better than something else for even the most stupidist of things, let them. No ones opinion is right or wrong.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The only game that's ever tempted me to buy a PSP was Medievil Resurrection.

C'mon C'mon

Monster Hunter is pretty good if you have a friend to play it with. The GTA games are pretty good on there as well. If you're in the UK, I saw Killzone: Liberation for 15 quid in Game, and Killzone is awesome by default. Can't really think of anymore atm.

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    As for black mage's rant (which, if we were competing, would fail miserably to shut me up). If PSP>DS by virtue of emulation, thereby rendering the DS worthless (since it doesn't emulate), then that would make the PSP entirely useless because PCs have been emulating the PS1 for years. So has the PS2.

A system's worth is largely based on its unique software, something the PSP hasn't been able to boast about until recently. It's not about ports or rehashes or emulation. Those are nice extras, but it shouldn't be your focus.

In short, saying stuff like 'X system sux' now is ignorant. It all comes down to personal preference.
    I was having a bad day with 3 Xbox fanboys saying lies (DON'T GET ME STARTED)

yes computers can emulate however you get very wird looks if you use your laptop on the bus. (i have tired this before)

edit: It would be nice if the topic creator would reply.
    Where on earth is he (NO SARCASTIC ANSWERS PLEASE)

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    The only game that's ever tempted me to buy a PSP was Medievil Resurrection.
    I had this untill very recentlty
    Actuly this reminds me of the sysetems biggest fault. a little metal disk in the UMD can slip and then the game becomes useless. THis happedned to my copy of Medievil Resurrection only reason i havent played it for ages
    I'm back who mised me.
    Tumble weed roles across the ground.

Actually, emulation is a huge topic for me. I don't own a PSP, but I'd love to have one with an old firmwarre just for the sake of having a portable, good looking emulator (not just the design, but also the great PSP screen) with an infinite supply of free, awesome, classic games. I love emulation, but I don't want to sit in front of my PC to play; it'd be great on the train, before bed, etc etc..

Anyways, my point being:

Hello by the way, first post

Edit: The games I have tried for the PSP have been fairly disappointing. All in all, the system just doesn't have that many appealing titles in my opinion. My favorites would be Tales of Eternia, Grand Theft Auto, and Metal Gear Solid. The downloadable PS1 games (through the PS3) also sound interesting, but I have yet to find any official information about them or find them in the PS3 store.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Gyna View Post
    The downloadable PS1 games (through the PS3) also sound interesting, but I have yet to find any official information about them or find them in the PS3 store.
    What do you mean? They've had several games available in the Playstation Store since about December I believe. If you have a PS3 then just check under the games tab in the Playstation Store.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyna View Post
    The downloadable PS1 games (through the PS3) also sound interesting, but I have yet to find any official information about them or find them in the PS3 store.
    What do you mean? They've had several games available in the Playstation Store since about December I believe. If you have a PS3 then just check under the games tab in the Playstation Store.
    Yep theyve been available for ages, and will soon be playable on the PS3 too.
    Crash Bandicoot, anyone?

I was under the impression that they were made playable on the PS3 recently.

Also, you can get custom firmware that allows you to play any PS1 game on the PSP's emulator along with homebrew.
    Word/s.

Ah? I haven't seen any, checked the games tab and they only had a couple of half assed games for the PS3 on there. Then again, I neither own a PS3 or a PSP so it doesn't matter much to me
    And yes, the firmware is downgradeable, but to my knowledge only with a specific (old) release of GTA.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection.
    jkhkjg