Thread: DS RPG Alert: Luminous Arc

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Default DS RPG Alert: Luminous Arc

I've mentioned this before here, but I just found out that it actually *is* coming out in English. It wasn't made by NIS like I originally thought though. Instead, it's from a new group called Image Epoch, this is appears to be their first release.

Quick bullet points of some of the features I know about the game:

-Grid-based Strategy RPG
    -WiFi multiplayer
    -Voiced Cutscenes (!)

I had a chance to play this game a little, and I was surprised with the voice acting. I'd seen trailers of the game that advertised the voice acting, but I thought it would be limited to select phrases and battle cries and stuff like that. In the cutscene I played/watched through however, every single word was spoken. (I think. It was Japanese.) Pretty impressive for a DS game. I remember Megaman ZX had voice acting in its Japanese incarnation as well, but it was removed from the US version.

I was hoping Atlus would bring it over, and they apparently have been working on it for a while. Here's some more information from more official sources:

Interview with Atlus about Luminous Arc
    Reader Questions Answered
    Both of these are pretty informative, and come straight from the Horse's mouth. One tidbit right at the end, a reader asked Atlus "Do you like this better than FFTactics?" There are a few comparisons between FFT and Disgaea in those two related links.

Here are 3 trailers for the Japanese game. Scroll to the bottom, I commanded Atlus to bring this game over back in January :P Hmm.... what game should I use my influence on next...

No release date is set other than 'this year'. Anyone else heard of this game before, or is looking forward to it?

-Grid-based Strategy RPG
    -WiFi multiplayer
    <3

Also, every single character in that picture reminds of a Golden Sun party member.

I love how every trailer shows that one chicks boobs bounce, the one in red and all.

This does look quite awesome though. Going to have to pick it up.

I hope they release that here, but it does remind me a lot of FF Tactics, just by how the battles look. But that's a good thing!

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Gamebrink has a review up for the Japanese version. Goes into quite a bit of detail.