Thread: Dynamic IP address issues solved (possibly)

Default Dynamic IP address issues solved (possibly)

I am not 100% sure but I think i have solved the Dynamic IP address issue with nintendo DS or atleast I think so. See the issue with me was that my GB DS wouldn't connect with my router, error 21000. So I started to investigate. I used my knowledge to reserve and IP address to my router by recognising my DS's MAC address. So I reserved the new IP address and hey presto it works and I don't have to change my FC.

If people are having this problem, may I suggest using this method (I am currently testing it, just need to wait a week to see what happens).
    ==================================================

*NOTE: Based on Netgear DG834GT (although should be similar for 90% of routers, have only tested on this router).

Netgear DG834GT Walkthrough

+Access your wireless router by typing 192.168.0.1 into your address bar (usual default IP address, you don't need the www. in front)

+Enter in your username (default is admin)

+Enter in your password (default is password)

+Click on "LAN IP Setup" from the side bar under "Advanced"

+On the new window keep everything as default but scroll down until you see "Address Reservation".

+Click on the button that reads "ADD".

+Type in an IP Address (usually 192.168.0.xx, where xx means of your choice. Usually take the highest IP listed on the "Address Reservation Table" at the top and add 10 to the last number. For Example if the highest is 192.168.0.2 then yours for your DS would be 192.168.0.12.)

+In the next box enter in your DS's MAC address. this can be found by going to WiFi setting on the games title screen --> Options --> System Information.

+Insert this address into the second box on your router settings page.

+Finally enter in a device name for example mine is Gameboy DS.

+Finally click add and then test your connection with your DS.

+If all is well, access the game and try mognet.

I hope this works because it works for me at the moment but this is not 100% full proof, if worse comes to worse all you have to do is change the IP address for your DS again.
    Last edited by espio; 05-17-2007 at 08:17 AM.