Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i haved killed every boss on ff 12 and so easy to lol

Grin i haved killed every boss on ff 12 and so easy to lol

i have managed to kill all the hunts all the bosses with the most simple way lol all i did was cast reverse on my three charters place it as a gambit to and just wooped the lot of them lol so anyone get any easyer ways?

Please elaborate your attack more, cause I don't understand how it makes the game "easy."
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Articles
    Blog Entries

well done! which one was hardest?

The reverse strategy is impossible early game and unsustainable mid-game, so it's certainly not how you beat all the bosses. What you described is also an incredibly inefficient way to use it (comboing it with Lure on a single party member is better). Further, it isn't even a particularly good strategy to use for most battles, only the superbosses really require it.

For the first half of the Yiazmat battle, it also reduces your damage output and lengthens the fight. Ideally it should only be implemented after he hits his last 1/3 and is doing damage at a rate that your support character's curing can no longer keep up with it.

Against Omega, it is pretty much the order of the day and makes the battle ridiculously easy.

For every other mark and boss, it's totally unnecessary.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Agreed with Cap'n Basch

1337 if you want to boast at least find some real reasons to do it
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

By the time I had beaten most of the hunts and beaten the game, it did start to get alot easier. The game slopes from easy to hard, and then back to easy. Probably the way the game is designed as you dont get the decent equipment and abilities until late in the game.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, half of the decent gambits and most new spells only are available after you get to Ridorana, which is the last mission before the final boss.

Weird!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

lol, am I the only person who HASN'T beaten omega using reverse?

I didn't think it was going to work in the long run as reverse comes off you every time you get hit, I didn't like the hassle of having someone re-cast it when they could be healing. I also noticed that Decoy didn't fully take away his attention from the other characters so healing was still necessary.

I beefed up my characters til they had 15000 HP each (with bubble of course) and got them attacking and curing constantly. In the end I only had to bring out Penelo to revive once, so I was quite chuffed with it. Battle time was about 15-20mins.

Anyone else beat Omega in this (or another) way?

Yes
    I probably should have changed out for light armor for the HP instead of Heavy armor in hindsight however.

For some reason he'd only hit Basch for 4000~ or so,while the others he would hit for 6000. He does attack quite fast, and once you make a mistake in healing or reviving, the tide changes quickly.. I did partially Die once... losing all three main party members, the other 3 revived them, survived and got switched out again.

He wasn't terribly hard, but he does pack a punch. Not sure how reverse would work since it costs a good bit of MP if memory serves.

/happily swung his tree trunk of a sword around a few times, then replaced it with any of the other high end weapons that are much better.

Y, OM, and the fishing game aren't worth it imo tho

Quote Originally Posted by JonyH View Post
    lol, am I the only person who HASN'T beaten omega using reverse?

I didn't think it was going to work in the long run as reverse comes off you every time you get hit, I didn't like the hassle of having someone re-cast it when they could be healing. I also noticed that Decoy didn't fully take away his attention from the other characters so healing was still necessary.
    Reverse is considered a negative status effect, so the duration decreases as your vitality increases. This means that using it as a buff will require you to constantly re-buff. But it certainly lasts more than one attack. Easily. It has to be set as the top pair of gambits under revival (which should cover the cases where you do and don't have MP); Ally: (Tank) -> Reverse, Ally: (Tank) -> Decoy should be gambits 3 and 4 respectively for every party member. When the responsibility for keeping the buffs going is placed on each character, it becomes easy to maintain.

Using sheer brute force doesn't make it impossible to win, it's just not nearly as efficient. You just had a longer, more gruelling fight than everyone else did is all. Reverse/Lure makes the fight a cakewalk. And you should have Self := HP < X% -> Curaga gambits set on support characters as a matter of course for addressing area-effect attacks and the scenario where your designated meat shield somehow dies.

Y, OM, and the fishing game aren't worth it imo tho
    I can sort of get behind this. I personally would have appreciated superbosses that required intelligent strategies to beat. Yiazmat was tedious more than he was difficult.

Well I found that Omega quite frequently hits someone for berserk, and then you've lost your support. The gambit system you've setup no longer works, various status effects are gone with no way of recovering them, etc. Just found it easier to do it my way in the end

Oh and yes, Yiazmat wasn't worth it, but I'm obsessive and HAVE to complete a game as best I can! :P
    Last edited by JonyH; 05-17-2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: replaced 'you're' with 'your' *slaps wrist*

You buffed before entering the battle, yeah? He only ever hit my tank with Berserk due to Lure, and because the other two were covering his Reverse/Lure upkeep it was totally irrelevant and in some ways actually rather helpful.

But if your way works great for you, more power to you, I guess.

He went down like a 6 ton boat full of holes until about 40% life, then he got a little second wind, and thats when the tide turned a bit. He managed to get faster or the gambits got mis-timed or something went wrong.

Yiaz was very tedious..... yes.

yes i know im gd lol

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't encountered Omega Mark XII yet - I'm still busy with Yiazmat. He's down to his last four health bars now, which means he's got 0 charge time, huge combos, and basically he's just plain evil.