Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: adults wright or wrong?

Default adults wright or wrong?

adults always say that people my age and around it (im 14) cant be in love. we are too young and we dont understand things like that. just because we are young doesnt mean we dont have feelings.

do you agree that we cant be in love an stuff like that or do you think we are to young to have feelings like that??

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Are the answers you get here going to change your opinion in any way?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Banned
    Blog Entries

dont worry im 14 as well and its .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .........GREAT YYAY FOR PUBERTY

I think it's possible, but it's also a lot more likely for 14-year-olds to think they're in love when they're really... not.

I believe that the definition and meaning of love grows and changes as a person gets older. It may be entirely possible for a 14-year-old to be in love, nobody can actually tell you with any certainty what you are feeling. That is up for you to discern. However, I think that as you grow older and begin to develop more into your own person, your idea of love will grow immensely and what you felt as a 14-year-old will not be seen exactly as "love" but something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Are the answers you get here going to change your opinion in any way?
    no i was just wonderin wat people thought...

I think a 'kid' can be in love, but I do not think they can ever make it work, nor control whatever urges they have long enough to know it is love and not lust. I also do not think that a 'kid' can properly make love work.

When I was 14 (a year ago) I always thought that if I ever got into a relationship, I wouldn't be strong enough to make it work, or I wouldn't be good enough, or I wouldn't be able to protect my girlfriend. That sort of thing always haunted me so I never got into anything.
    I'm now going on to college and only now do I think I could make it work. Maybe because I haen't got school holding me back and I can be myself more.
    The thing is I wouldn't hold my opinion to much, I've never been in a proper relatonship. I suppose my reputation in school as a clown put girls off me. Don't get me wrong I hve plenty of girl friends, but none have acually ever been interested in me (to what I know)
    Anyway what I'm trying to get at is that, with teenagers raging hormones, it might be that which is telling them to get a boyfriend/girlfriend, a sort of lust. Teenagers have never experienced this feeling before, so they want to try it out. The thing is most haven't matured yet so they most likely would never have anything serious. A few kisses, holding of hands, but actual love? I doubt it. Speaking as a teenager, I know how stressful this can be, and how desperate you can be for a partner. But that is mostly out of lust, not love for a particular person. Unless you have really strong feelings of course, there are always exceptions

Cheers to Polaris for the set!

Final Fantasy's completed: I, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Its threads like these that make me feel ashamed of my age.

I.. I am 14 too

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I doubt anyone under the age of 25 knows what romantic love is. All they seem to know is lust.

Their wrong for saying so, but could be right anyway. How I see it, an adult can never say they know something solely because there older.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I believe that the definition and meaning of love grows and changes as a person gets older. It may be entirely possible for a 14-year-old to be in love, nobody can actually tell you with any certainty what you are feeling. That is up for you to discern. However, I think that as you grow older and begin to develop more into your own person, your idea of love will grow immensely and what you felt as a 14-year-old will not be seen exactly as "love" but something different.
    YES.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

bull i'm thirteen and i love a person just becase peaple are young does'nt know when there in love fcking agism bastards that sh1t pisses me off
    Stalpho Slayer

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by stalpho slayer View Post
    bull i'm thirteen and i love a person just becase peaple are young does'nt know when there in love fcking agism bastards that sh1t pisses me off
    YES.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty sure anyone could have said it better.