Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst 1234567891011152555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Counts Down to Super Smash Bros. Brawl

4 different ways to play, that's pretty awesome. I think I'll give the Wiimote + Nunchuk a try first, but the Nunchuk hurts my hand after a while so it'll probably be a choice between the Classic controller and the GC controller.

Besides, Smash Bros is ment to be played with a controller in your hands, that's pretty much as solid as evolution. Wiimote on it's side doesn't look too great, but I'll give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Takamaru should be in Brawl. I may have only learned of him by browsing wikipedia in complete boredome, but even so, who else for the spot of that one obscure character not many people know of?

(SPOILER)Pit doesn't count! >=/
    I knew Pit... Kid Icarus is amazing! They could easily do Milon from Milon's secret castle, which just recently came to the virtual console :P

anyways, 4 control types... and it makes sense. You only need A and B, the control pad, and a shoulder. So with the wiimote on it's side, you have A, 1, 2 and control pad. But that takes away jump buttons and requires you to use Up. As well as shield and A to grab.
    The wiimote/nunchuk might be interesting. I'm guessing Z grabs, C shield(or other way around), A normal, B special, not sure about the control pad, but of course the control stick moves. Control pad might be like the C-stick in multiplayer, or it could be a quick jump.
    Classic controller and Gamecube controller seem pretty self explanatory.... gamecube controller probably hasn't changed the controls at all.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Isle Delfino looks to be awesome!

Zelda returns as a playable character. And check out other updates like the lylat cruise

Smash Bros. DOJO!!

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I've got a feeling she won't be transforming into Sheik this time round.

Pretty sweet Ocarina of Time medley added today. I'm definitely digging it.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default There can only be one princess of Hyrule

I am very happy that Zelda returns as a playable character, Sheik or not.

Blog Entries

I'm not suprised Zelda returns. And according to the character description, it seems like she'll be pretty much the same as in Melee. I really hope the Sheik transformation has been removed, though. That, or Sheik must be nerfed. She was far too good in Melee and because of that, people rarely played as Zelda in her true form.

Blog Entries

Nice, completely customizable controls. I hope this means I can remove the Analog Stick Jump.

Nice, completely customizable controls. I hope this means I can remove the Analog Stick Jump.
    Yeah. I never liked that either. It messes up your movement and it gets annoying. At least it does for me.
    Takamaru should be in Brawl. I may have only learned of him by browsing wikipedia in complete boredome, but even so, who else for the spot of that one obscure character not many people know of?

(SPOILER)Pit doesn't count! >=/
    Another Nintendo character they made barely any reference to in SSBM?

Wow. I thought the Urban Champions were the only characters they completely forgot about in SSBM. He does look awesome enough to add to Brawl though.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    I'm not suprised Zelda returns. And according to the character description, it seems like she'll be pretty much the same as in Melee. I really hope the Sheik transformation has been removed, though. That, or Sheik must be nerfed. She was far too good in Melee and because of that, people rarely played as Zelda in her true form.
    Sheik was meant to deal lots of damage and then Zelda as a finisher IMO the harmony was flawless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Sheik was meant to deal lots of damage and then Zelda as a finisher IMO the harmony was flawless.
    Zelda was MEANT to be the finisher, yes. But she usually wasn't. Sheik is superior in every aspect. Even when it comes to finishing the opponent. Her bitch-slap sends the opponent in an annoying downward direction which can be extremely hard to recover from. Her d-smash isn't bad either and both comes out extremely fast, which makes them hard to avoid. And when it comes to edgeguarding, Zelda is nothing compared to Sheik.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You DO know that in SSBM you can use Y or X to jump, and in the original SSB you could use any of the yellow buttons (letter escapes me) to jump. I dislike using the analog stick to jump.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Perhaps Zelda will be the SSB version of Jam Kurodoberi? (Buffing before special moves?)

Wow, assist trophies look really great. I was a little disappointed to see that Samurai Goroh wasn't actually going to be a playable character, but this is the next best thing. Looks like we'll be seeing plenty of cameos in SSBB.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.