Thread: mime?

mime?

hey, how's it goin'? good? good, but enough with the small talk, let's get down to business...i'm in the middle of a tactics game and i've just realised i've never had a 'mime' before...what i want to know is: what EXACTLY can they mime (moves from people on the field/alive, ONLY the move beofore his/her turn, etc.)? and is it worth getting one?

Well basically the requirement for the job mime is level 8 chemist, level 8 beginner knight, level 5 summoner, level 5 mediator, level 5 geomancer and level 5 lancer. They can equip nothing & unable to have any support ability except for their innate 'Mimic'.

Mime can only mimic own party's acts, simply means Mime will mimic everything that his/her allies did regardless after or before he/she acts. E.g. of AT:

1. Ramza (accumulate)
    2. Mime (accumulate)
    3. Enemy chocobo
    4. Orlandu (Holy explosion)
    5. Mime (Holy explosion)
    6. Agrias (pheonix down)
    7. Mime (phoenix down)
    8. Enemy goblin1
    9. Enemy goblin2
    10. Mime (wait) (his/ her actual turn)
    11. Beowulf (chicken)
    12. Mime (chicken)
    13. Enemy red panther
    and the list goes on & on & on...

Frankly saying it is NOT WORTH getting one for mime is difficult to control from doing nonsense stuffs during battle. You can't really help it! Once, I moved Cloud near to my dead ally & used phoenix down on the poor fella. Then this mime mimics Cloud & used phoenix down on a dead enemy (a HYUDRA!) in front of her! (Yes, my mime is a generic she...) It really annoys me...

However if you are really good at controlling them then they are unstoppable. Oh yes, their physical attacks are awesome!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

"Its those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular..."

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

You can control their movement, which is critical, because they take actions whatever direction they are facing. A more foolproof method is to have them Mimic a character using Math Skills, because those work independant of position and direction, with no charge time.

A party with 4 Mimes and a character with Math Skills can pretty much clear the board without moving, and you only have to input the calculation once in every five characters. I prefer to input every command manually, but that's just my playing style.

haha, that'd be a perfect plan if it weren't so hard to get the damn mime in the first place

Maybe it seems hard to get a mime but I actually got two by accident in one game. I just leveled them up in numerous classes for whatever reason at the time I needed them and next thing you know I go to the job changes screen and I can select mime.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Mimes are also great to mimic Bards and Dancers as well.

Mime's can ONLY mimic regular job class skills. They can not mimic special job skills like Holy Sword, All Swordskill, Truth, Snipe, Etc.
    If you don't know how to use a mime, get one, and learn. When used effectively they are the most destructive force on the battlefield. No one comes close. BTW, a mime's only action, "attack" is actually quite strong, and his HP growth is second to none. Not even Monks gain HP faster per lvl than a mime does.
    The trick to using a mime, is to plan ahead and don't be afraid to put him in danger. Use his attack against bad guys and make sure he faces them. Everytime an ally attacks he will too. Think of what's going to happen to the poor Dark Behemoth after 4 mime attacks. Use your imagination....
    this is my signature...THIS IS MY SIGNATURE IN CAPS....

well, for the record, i just got a female mime, i mean, i havent even used it yet ...im on my way to a male mime (just for 'unlocking' sake) but he's a little less advanced than she was so its gonna take me a while

EDIT: wow, it takes a lot of getting used to, i see a lot of potential but i have to learn how to control it properly it's like a baby, has to be watched constantly
    Last edited by .:kerrod:.; 06-13-2007 at 07:00 AM.