Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pans Labyrinth

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Pans Labyrinth

I've wanted to see this movie for weeks now, but keep missing out finding the DVD. Has anyone gotten to see it yet?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I saw it when it was in theaters. It's fantastic. Incredibly weird and messed up, but fantastic.

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This thread has inspired me to watch the movie tomorrow!

Happy Birthday to Me

Its a great film, quite bloody in some places, Its wierd and wonderful, deffinantly get hold of the dvd somehow, watched it last week, loved it

i would say it's so-so...the only things i was really impressed with were the satyr character himeslf, as well as the special effects

Blog Entries

I saw the first 30 minutes or so and it was really weird but cool. I was smoking too much to really pay attention.

I was fortunate enough to see it in theatres. Easily one of the best adult-targeted fantasy movies ever made. Ophelia is so cute.

I saw it in theaters. It's an excellent film, just know the movie spends more time on the real world then the fantasy world.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

i'm watching it right now
    it's funny theres a woman called Mercedes

Cheers to Polaris for the set!

Final Fantasy's completed: I, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

I saw it in theaters and really enjoyed it. I bought it on DVD immediately, since it was conveniently released the same day as The Fountain. Oddly enough, I have little desire to rewatch it. I don't know. I remember raving about it, but it hasn't turned out to be an incredibly memorable movie for me.

Quote Originally Posted by James Leopold View Post
    i'm watching it right now
    it's funny theres a woman called Mercedes
    WTF

Pan's Labyrinth was a surprisingly good movie although I was expecting it to be more brutal than it turned out to be (still, there were some nasty scenes which gave weight and danger to the story in an appropriate way). The actors did a good job (particularly Ivana Baquero as Ofelia and Sergi López as Captain Vidal), the cinematography was excellent with great use of images of allegorical value, all the sets looked fantastic, the narrative worked quite well (albeit it had some flaws, but the overall thing was fine), and the ending was quite touching.

The Faun and the Pale Man were particular highlights, and I have to give credit to Doug Jones for portraying them so well. The score by Javier Navarrete was quite beautiful and haunting with great orchestral and choral stuff, and that lullaby theme was very memorable and sweet (with enough dark undertone in it to foreshadow certain things in the movie).

So, all in all I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. It's definitely one of del Toro's best movies where things just "clicked" in a good way, and the soundtrack was one of the best of 2006.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Beautiful film and so many levels...music, visuals, story (which itself is layered)!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was expecting something a lot different than what I saw, but I did like the movie. Not as much as I would have hoped, but it was good, a few scenes in particular. Like the Pale Man, as Kossage mentioned. That was so...I'm not sure what it was about that scene, but I really enjoyed it. It was terrifying!

I'm glad I saw it in theaters. :)
    --Box Box Box Box

My friend had it in spanish, so I watched it a few months past. The movie, I loved it, but it had the scariest child-eating monster ever.