Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Curiosities of FF7

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by *~Dagger Trepe~* View Post
    QUESTION: How did Jenova open the door when sephiroth came in her place at Nibel?
    I suppose that it was Hojo who opened the door, don't you think?:confused:

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Maybe you should ask us any questions you have. I'm not sure how you're going to approach this project yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_611 View Post
    This work has to be done by all the studients of High Schools in the whole Catalunya. You can choose any subject as I said, it hasn't to be related with the things that you are studying.

If you have lived in Catalunya you'll probably know a little of catalan. In this link there are some examples of treballs de recerca. You'll see a lot of differents subjects.
    Batxillerat, Treballs de recerca, STUCOM CENTRE D'ESTUDIS: Cicles Formatius barcelona, Centre d'estudis, Bachilleratos, Ciclos Formativos, barcelona,, informacion, informatica, telecomunicaciones

I'll probably go to the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona when I finish with the High School . It's funny the life in Barcelona, right?
    Sadly, I learned very little Catalan in my stay there, mainly because I went to the British Kensington High School as a Lower Sixth (= Junior in the US) and the Anglican St. George's Church, both of which were English speaking.

I found Barcelona an amazing city, with strong cultural and musical life. Out of all the cities I visited in Spain, it's still my favorite. UAB seemed to be a good school. I hope you enjoy it if you go there.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    Maybe you should ask us any questions you have. I'm not sure how you're going to approach this project yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_611 View Post
    This work has to be done by all the studients of High Schools in the whole Catalunya. You can choose any subject as I said, it hasn't to be related with the things that you are studying.

If you have lived in Catalunya you'll probably know a little of catalan. In this link there are some examples of treballs de recerca. You'll see a lot of differents subjects.
    Batxillerat, Treballs de recerca, STUCOM CENTRE D'ESTUDIS: Cicles Formatius barcelona, Centre d'estudis, Bachilleratos, Ciclos Formativos, barcelona,, informacion, informatica, telecomunicaciones

I'll probably go to the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona when I finish with the High School . It's funny the life in Barcelona, right?
    Sadly, I learned very little Catalan in my stay there, mainly because I went to the British Kensington High School as a Lower Sixth (= Junior in the US) and the Anglican St. George's Church, both of which were English speaking.

I found Barcelona an amazing city, with strong cultural and musical life. Out of all the cities I visited in Spain, it's still my favorite. UAB seemed to be a good school. I hope you enjoy it if you go there.
    OK Just say whatever you find interesting of the game. It doesn't matter what it is, I'm also interested with all the opinions about the games of FF. It will help me a lot.

i always wondered y u ended up with an animal like creature in you party (7=nanaki 8= moomba in prison 9=everyone! 10=kimahri). maybe this has something to do with accepting new cultures and races in the real world

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x View Post
    i always wondered y u ended up with an animal like creature in you party (7=nanaki 8= moomba in prison 9=everyone! 10=kimahri). maybe this has something to do with accepting new cultures and races in the real world
    You're probably right. Most of the FF series have different races or specific creatures of the game. Also a lot of times the game criticizes parts of the society like in FFX. This things also happens in the real life. But I don't know what is FFVII criticizing. The capitalism of Shinra maybe

P.D. In FFIX, the humes are in danger of extinction. I don't remember th year tha the FF IX's story takes place, but in 50 years the hipopotamus will have colonized the world, with their great speed in the races

Banned
    Blog Entries

notice the emo pattern

cloud squall amarant lulu paine fran it never ends

oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo mythology!!! I LOVE mythology!!! And FF7 is filled with norse mythology!! awesome!

Well, where to begin? For starters, the city of Midgar is one letter away from being Midgard, the tree of life. (or was it where the gods lived? I forget) I found this rather interesting, as Midgar is a city of death.

At the base of the Midgard is a well of knowledge. Does this strike as familar with the church in the slums.......? See the connection??

Midgar Zolom, the huge snake, is clearly the Orborous, or the Midgard Serpent, as he was called in Norse mythology. It was a giant serpent that circled the world twice, biting it's own tail; it was also Thor's greatest enemy.

Of course, there's the more obvious things, like Cloud's swords, Ragnarok (the ending of the world via a battle between the giants and the gods) and Apocylpse, basically the same thing.

Odin, of course is there as well. But they got their facts wrong in the game: the horse has eight legs, not just six!

The temple of the ancients can almost relate to being Valhalla. Think about it: when the protectors of the planet die, they returned to their temple....(or at least, that's where they're the strongest). Don't tell me that doesn't strike you as Valhalla!!!

Then, of course, there's always the obvious main character's theme, seen more clearly in the movie. For example, the bike is named Fenrir; the wolf that would swallow the sun (in some legends, it varies) and would be killed by Thor.

There's plenty more, I'm sure, but I can't think of them all right now! I'll post them when I do!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Mage View Post
    oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo mythology!!! I LOVE mythology!!! And FF7 is filled with norse mythology!! awesome!

Well, where to begin? For starters, the city of Midgar is one letter away from being Midgard, the tree of life. (or was it where the gods lived? I forget) I found this rather interesting, as Midgar is a city of death.

At the base of the Midgard is a well of knowledge. Does this strike as familar with the church in the slums.......? See the connection??

Midgar Zolom, the huge snake, is clearly the Orborous, or the Midgard Serpent, as he was called in Norse mythology. It was a giant serpent that circled the world twice, biting it's own tail; it was also Thor's greatest enemy.

Of course, there's the more obvious things, like Cloud's swords, Ragnarok (the ending of the world via a battle between the giants and the gods) and Apocylpse, basically the same thing.

Odin, of course is there as well. But they got their facts wrong in the game: the horse has eight legs, not just six!

The temple of the ancients can almost relate to being Valhalla. Think about it: when the protectors of the planet die, they returned to their temple....(or at least, that's where they're the strongest). Don't tell me that doesn't strike you as Valhalla!!!

Then, of course, there's always the obvious main character's theme, seen more clearly in the movie. For example, the bike is named Fenrir; the wolf that would swallow the sun (in some legends, it varies) and would be killed by Thor.

There's plenty more, I'm sure, but I can't think of them all right now! I'll post them when I do!!!
    Thank you for this information . I've searched in the wikipedia information about Midgard, it appers some of the things that you said, but it doesn't say anything about a well of knowledge at the base of Midgard .

However I found something quite interesting. It looks like that Midgard is in the Middle of Yggdrassil, a giant tree that connects the nine worlds of the norse mythology (if you've played any game of the tales series this name will be quite familiar). I think that the Yggdrassil could be the Shinra building, and it's connecting the 9 sectors (if we count sector 0).

Where was Cloud in the FMV of Aeri's death? That FMV is a curiosity itself.
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x View Post
    In FFLegend you can change any of your allys into monsters at any point (with the addition of monster meat)
    do you think tomorrow will bring sun or rain?
    which one of these will show?

In nearly every FF there are polititcs that cause war between humans and/or humans/other races.

A special thing about all FFs is, that in all FFs theres a character named Cid. In some he's a party member in others he is a king, a mechanic etc.

Also there are some monsters that appear in every FF like Bombs, mandragoras, wolfs etc.

Mythology:

Shiva (also called Siva) is an idian god. The intresting part is, that Shiva in the FF's is female but in the Shaivism (sort of hinduism) Shiva is male. Shiva is the highest god in the hinduism. He's the god of creation and destruction. It's also said he's the "King of dance". With the dance he simbolisizes the circle of time.
    Also Shiva has 108 other names.

Ifrits in contemporary popular mythology are jinn spirits that embody fire. They consider themselves superior to all races because they supposedly "came first," and they resent deeply that humans have found magical ways to take control over them. Even when tasked, they show an ironic and malicious attitude, tending to subvert their masters' orders every time they can.
    They often appear as individuals of superhuman beauty and strength, but are very difficult to deal with.
    Ifrit is one of five jinns in arabia.

So far. more will come if i get more time (have to work)

Which FF Character Are You?

A war is easy to win, if your enemy doesn't know that he fights

Quote Originally Posted by gothic_fantasy View Post
    Where was Cloud in the FMV of Aeri's death? That FMV is a curiosity itself.
    This FMV is full of mistakes Did you notice that sephiroth loses his gloves and that the floor decoration changes in that FMV?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffamitsu View Post
    Well for starters i guess you could mention the summons such as Odin, Ifrit, Shiva and more, are related to gods and godesses etc.

Also Cait Sith is a Gaelic word, meaning literally "fairy cat". In Irish fairy
    stories, Cait Sith is in many King of Cats tales, which is why he wears a
    crown in the game...Only found that out the other day

Please don't double post, use the edit button. -Necro
    It's also why he was Scottish in Advent Children and so on.

also in the flawed FMV, the holy materia falls from the back of aerith's head towards the back of the alter, then falls down the stairs at the front of the alter! don't you just love picking fault

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Sephiroth doesn't have nipples.
    Too big.