Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Did Squaresoft ever say anything about the R=U theory?

Default Did Squaresoft ever say anything about the R=U theory?

Having a discussion on a different forum, and some dude is saying that Squaresoft officialy said that this theory is wrong.

Anyone got a link or whatever?
    Cheers

I'm not sure, but the Ultimania guide in Japan, which I'm fairly certain is suppose to be filled with official information, said that sorceresses have a set life span. Since Ultimecia exists way in the future, Rinoa would have died of old age by then, thus R cannot = U.

But aren't sorceresses ageless? Such as Edea. She must be round about the same age as Cid (mid-40s) but still looks like a twenty-year-old. And maybe their lifespans are longer than the average human being.

Or am I thinking of wizards vs. Muggles again. DAMMIT!]

In any case, I despise the R=U theory. What is much more likely is that Rinoa is a descendant of Ultimecia, which is how she came to possess Griever, the ring Rinoa procured from Squall, and it was just handed down from generation to generation.

That just came of the top of my head. Man, I'm on form tonight!

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

how do u ppl see these things?! i can't remember for the life of me
    ...What's Chocobo doing with a sattelite and a fishing pole? :mog:

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

Quote Originally Posted by Crizpy View Post
    Having a discussion on a different forum, and some dude is saying that Squaresoft officialy said that this theory is wrong.

Anyone got a link or whatever?
    Cheers
    It doesn't take a statement from Square to determine that the theory is wrong. It's pretty obvious already.

I think it makes perfect sense.
    Theres a lot of things in the game that is hinting towards the theory beeing true.

Besides, we're never given a reason to why it is that Ulti wanna compress time.
    Just for the hell of it? Seems pretty weak.

Unfortunatly, the offical Ultimecia guide (which comes from Sqare themselves) says that Sorceresses live normal lives, and Laguna says that Ultimecia live in a future in which none of the characters could possibly live in, and on top of that, the SeeD's have been fighting for "generations".
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Banned

I think it makes perfect sense. Theres a lot of things in the game that is hinting towards the theory beeing true.
    You also have to realize that there is also evidence in the game that disproves it, such the fact that Rinoa didn't get sorceress powers, like Angel Wing, until Ultimecia took over Rinoa's body.

Besides, we're never given a reason to why it is that Ulti wanna compress time.
    Just for the hell of it? Seems pretty weak.
    What do you mean that we aren't given a reason? Have you been paying attention at all?
    In the game, it was said that she wanted to kill all SeeD, because SeeD was opposed to her. But in her time, all the SeeD have been killed, and she already had control of the world.

So she really didn't have much of a reason to try to compress time. She wanted to make it so that SeeD never existed apparently, which eventually led to her downfall, because the SeeD in the present discovered what she was planning, and Ellone sent Squall and co. to the future, and Ultimecia was defeated.

But you're right, she's such a horrible villain.

Alright, thanks for clearing this up

Btw, when fighting ulti in the end, she says all the crap about reflecting on your childhood and whatever..then she says "And.."

And what? I wasnt attacking her for like 30 minutes, wanted to find out what she was gonna say, then got tired of it.
    Is she saying something else? My guess is no.

I dont remember what is the purpose on time compression. Could someone tell me plz?

And what will happen to the world when Ulti died?
    I wonder if there were any survivors in Ulti period.
    The ending is only focusing on the characters going back to their time period.

Con't:
    >>And what will happen to the world when Ulti died?
    I mean, the sorceress must pass her power to someone. And after Ulti will be Edea. And so does that mean the rest of the ulti period will be no sorceress receiving the power?

Im pretty confused myself.
    Edea tells us that she got her powers from a dying sorceress when she was young.
    And thats exactly what happens in the end. Ultimecia dies, and she gives her powers to Edea.
    If it wasnt for Squall and the others, that would've happened.

You can argue that the Garden and SeeD's never would've existed if it wasnt for Squall telling Edea in the end of the game...so it kinda loops or whatever..

I dont know, its just damn confusing

Edea received the power of a dying sorceress when she was very young. She was already a sorceress when she received Ultimecia's power.

You could say that the beginning and ending of this story happen at the same moment, when Ultimecia gives Edea her powers. Because that moment happens, the story starts and the story ends, so everything in the middle has already happened. If one of the things in the middle were to not happen, it wouldn't end correctly, meaning that it wouldn't start in the first place.

And there is a reason for time compression if you connect the dots. Compressing time would bring all time to a single point, which would bring all things to a single point, including all sorceresses. When the Great Hyne was defeated or left the world or whatever happened to him, he left a piece of himself in every sorceress. So, if all sorceresses were in the same place at the same time, one could kill them all, absorb all of their powers, and piece together the power of the Great Hyne once again.

time compression suggests travelling to another time dimension, which is a non-sense.
    In the future, all the SeeDs are dead and Ulti rules the world, but in present Squall and co. are travelling in the future to stop Ulti. If in the future all SeeDs are dead, when Squall reaches that TIME POINT mentioned above, shouldn't he instantly disappear or something?
    ...What's Chocobo doing with a sattelite and a fishing pole? :mog:

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

That's like saying that when Marty traveled to the past in Back to the Future he should have instantly separated into sperm and egg since he hadn't been conceived yet.

Yeah that didnt make much sense to me either.

Gotta be a pretty wierd experience to find out that the guy you met 13 years ago was yourself at the age of 17 (or whatever)

Yes, this was a worthless post.
    Goodnight.