Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2007 EoFF Elections: Congratulations to the Bored Pirate Red Patrol!

Goddamn furries.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I never doubted us apart from that sunny weds morning at 6am when I finally finished writing a job for the game I develop sat down to look over the nights msn discussion with psychotic and thought "Holy COW! Sweet mother where's the smurfing sacra?" (jack daniels = sacra) and sat down to write that RP story I honestly thought I was going to let the party down with that. I also said the spamhorde would wash away the opposition in a tsunami of spam much like one going through the canned meats aisle of a grocery store. I love being right 100% of the damn time but only 50% of the damn time do I love it, the other 50% I hate it.

Damned loss of internets! If I'd been able to get on, we would've won!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Special thanks: Roto13.

yeah I hate that phycotic guy too.

Also, disregard what I said about putting my feet up and not being able to top The Party. I had an idea for a party that just might beat it. It'll be breaking EoFF rules, though, so I'd have to get permission first. See you next year.

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Special thanks: Roto13.

yeah I hate that phycotic guy too.

Also, disregard what I said about putting my feet up and not being able to top The Party. I had an idea for a party that just might beat it. It'll be breaking EoFF rules, though, so I'd have to get permission first. See you next year.
    I can only imagine what crazy scheme you'll think up next. Both years that I've been here I joined Psychotic parties, and couldn't be more pleased. You're are truly something my good man, and you have touched me in ways thought impossible. (it's a good cry!)

Blog Entries

Needs less me not realising the results were here until now

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Goddamn furries.
    ANd who was it that Wanted an Indiana Jones Cat boy?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Wonder where Maxx is. I want to give him a chance to respond to this thread, so he has 24 hours before it all goes away.

no!!!! my precious spam!!!!!
    July's

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

More singing!!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

wooohooo we kicked everyones asses thanks for getting me involved Psy!
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

It would have been nice if the PRM's actually put up a fight in General, because certain people...not mentioning any names...decided not to respond to my PMs to organize the effort, so I had to half-ass everything all by myself.

The results don't surprise me in the least.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Sorry for the late reply people, but I've been away up north without internet access so this is the first opportunity I've gained to reply.

First off I'm rather amused that the title thread will most likely convince many of our lazier forum members that we actually won. Second of all I am slightly dissapointed that we didn't win a single section (while we were outclased quite a few times, I personally feel some of my fellow members entries deserved more votes than they got), and the lie of the votes does suggest to me that, joking aside, an element of popularity did venture into the results. But hey, we're not a Democracy, we're an Elitist state!

I will say though that a unanimous defeat will not deter me too much from attempting this next year. While if Psy or another of our more popular members were to make a party I imagine (unless my own popularity were to sky rocket through nigh-on Biblical proportions) that a similar result were to repeat itself. You could talk about the quality of the submissions, but in my defence a lot of what was submitted was a last minute grab together due to people dissapering/lack of communication. Not that I'm blaming my fellow party members for our loss. I just blame the Elitists :P

But in all seriousness, Elitist-jokes asides, I had a cracking time doing this, even if I was on the verge of losing my rag when I felt like a lone soldier against a bunch of Behemoths (Tavrobel has got to be the best smack talker I know), it was stil a blast essentially sparring with other party members. It's fair to say me and Psy had it out quite severely on more than one occassion. But I'm not deterred by the outcome in the least. After all, it's all about the taking part.

Thanks to everyone in my group for helping out (especially my own team members, loben and Grinenshire, and Ultima Shads who saved our bacon at the 11th hour), and kudos to the other parties for their killer submissions, and to the Shizophrenia Party for their eventual (and quite well deserved) win.

Just wait until next year....ruddy Elitists....
    There is no signature here. Move along.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Got bugger all to do with "popularity". At the end of the day, their party arsed themselves to vote, the rest of you didn't. :p

It's a flawed process, though, and something we'll be looking into next year to change. Expect the whole elections to be drastically reshaped again.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    Tavrobel has got to be the best smack talker I know
    How come I have a feeling that this statement isn't one of praise?