Thread: [A] Ultimecia as a SeeD

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Default [A] Ultimecia as a SeeD

An explanation is in order:

Naturally I'm aware of the R=U theory, but I don't find the arguments for it convincing. Although at least it tries to answer the big gaping plot hole about Ultimecia's very murky origins.

I find the obvious but vague reasons she hates SeeD unsatisfying; I'd love to see some specifics. Since none are forthcoming I've begun to write a fanfic about her origins.

My idea is that she was unaware of her tragic destiny and joined SeeD to defeat what she would later learn was herself. With her friends turning on her would provide her with plenty of motivation for revenge (not to mention a touch of Oedipal tragedy).

The uniform is based on Balamb Garden with a different color scheme. I gave her a crossbow to refer to the goddess Artemis, who was a renowned archer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's interesting.

There are some proportions that are a bit off: She has a very long neck and broad shoulders, also her rib cage area seems rather stocky (should be a lot more curvy with wider hips). One of her legs seems longer than the other and her arms look a bit too long. Oh, and her hair seems to cut off the top of her head.

Anyways, that's all I can really see at the moment. It's good and the idea behind it is good too. But yeah, just some tweaking would make it better.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hahah! This is some kind of wonderful!
    Why a crossbow?

Happy Birthday to Me

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

The expression is really wonderful, and so is the idea. Not a bad theories.

Contributions

Thanks for the input. Proportions have always been my weakness; I guess it shows if you looks at my gallery.

I'm basing the story partly on the myth of Artemis and Actaeon. She's the goddess of the hunt who uses a bow. One day a mortal hunter named Actaeon spies on her taking a bath. Her punishment is to turn him into a stag, and his own hunting dogs attack and kill him.

Since Ultimecia obviously wouldn't go by that name as a SeeD I chose Artemis as her first name (which is based on the Japanese spelling of her name). I'm using the name of Actaeon for a fellow SeeD that becomes close to her but has eventually to chose between the life of a sorceress and the greater good of the Garden.

Another aspect I want to cover in the story is the origin of Griever. Obviously he was conceived in the mind of Squall and given form by Ultimecia, but is that the end of it? I wanted to explore that in more detail. I have a feeling that Griever is really Ultimecia's only friend.

Ah ok, well I guess the best way to go about figuring out proportions is to just use basic shapes (like a circle for the head, elbows, shoulders, pelvis, hands; cylinder for the arms, torso and legs, etc) and just measure them out so that they're proportionate.

I'm not exactly sure how many heads-high an anime character, but for something like a manga deformed character, they are generally 4-heads high.

Anyways, sorry if that's not too helpful, I couldn't really explain it too well.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    The expression is really wonderful, and so is the idea.
    Yeah, & I must elaborate, its great that you really used your imagination here.

Str8 Pimpin'

Contributions

Again, thanks.

And I actually do employ the technique of plotting out character proportions in pencil using circles and cylinders. I just neglect to do the measuring part.

I'm having a bit of trouble choosing a name for the story:

1) Queen of the Night: My working title, named after the most compelling character in Mozart's Magic Flute. She bears a strong resemblance to Ultimecia in many ways.

2) Tears' Point: Obviously a place in the game itself, and I like the connotations.

3) Penumbra: Astronomical term meaning 'near the shadow', referring to a zone where people can see a partial but not total eclipse. I like the way it sounds and the meaning, but it's pretty obscure.

EDIT: I'm going to keep the working title for now. I posted the prologue and chapter 1 here
    Last edited by BG-57; 06-02-2007 at 03:53 AM.