Thread: [A] Motorbike

Default [A] Motorbike

I have been working on this motorbike (or jetbike if you will) in Maya, by following the tutorials from Digital Tutors. I learnt a lot of about different methods of modeling; from polygon and NURBS through to Sub-Division modeling. As well as learning a lot about materials and textures and had some fun with PaintFX (really want to try out ZBrush).

Anyways, I made two renders, because my girlfriend wanted to see it in purple. So here they are:

I have also made an animation for this, that is very short (due to rendering taking far too long). I would have made the terrain a lot more detailed, but for now I just wanted to have something to show -- maybe in another project I could work on terrains (or try out Vue and import models into there).

You can download the animation from YouTube by clicking here!

So tell me what you guys think, please.
    Last edited by Rostum; 05-22-2007 at 09:22 AM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

Uhhhhh I like it but the yellow is better or the purple could be darker! But 10/10 Amazing!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I really like it. Looks great.

Str8 Pimpin'

Somthing I can never do, pretty awesome.

Thanks guys. I realised the reason it was taking so long to render the animation was because I was using Raytracing for the shadows. Little did I know that's extremely accurate, but takes forever to render.

Perhaps soon I could just use Depth Map Shadows and create a much longer animation.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

looks great! The design is unique and well-done. I'm not sure about Maya but 3Ds max has Mental Ray. Mental Ray is awesome at lighting.

definitely try out Zbrush! it's amazing and powerful! doesn't take much space either

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    looks great! The design is unique and well-done. I'm not sure about Maya but 3Ds max has Mental Ray. Mental Ray is awesome at lighting.

definitely try out Zbrush! it's amazing and powerful! doesn't take much space either
    Yeah, Maya has mental ray. I'm in the process of downloading some video tutorials for it, so I can better understand it and work it.

Going to get a demo version of ZBrush, and maybe *cough* findacrack *cough*. Educational purposes though!