Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617213161 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2007-2008 Season

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Gather round, EoFFers! Let us all celebrate! why? Pepe Reina has won the Barclays Golden Glove award for the second season running after keeping 19 clean sheets in the Barclays Premier League campaign. Reina's closest competition came from Everton's Tim Howard (14 shut outs) and Reading's Marcus Hahnemann (13) I suspect our goals conceded column would've been the lowest if our first six away fixtures hadn't been United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bolton, Everton and an up-for-it Sheffield United.

Speaking of Liverpool keepers, silly Scott Carson thinks he will become Aston Villa's #1 keeper by going out on loan there! No Scott, I say no! You will be behind Sorensen. And we signed some French dude in his place, so smiles all round.

Meanwhile, I am inviting you all to witness my experiment. Using my superbly edited Pro Evolution Soccer 5, I have played all the opening fixtures of the season on six star (the hardest) difficulty. I am the team on the left, and I play to win! So here are the results.

Arsenal 0-0 Fulham (Arsenal are a horrible team to play with)
    Liverpool 4-1 Aston Villa (hahaha even I am not that optimistic!)
    Blackburn 1-0 Middlesbrough
    Chelsea 5-0 Birmingham (there was a 5 minute period where I scored 3)
    Portsmouth 1-1 Derby (Derby captain Matthew Oakley smashes in a last minute equaliser)
    Manchester United 2-1 Reading (Reading snatched a first minute lead, but Ole Gunnar Solksjaer equalised with an overhead kick and then grabbed the winner)
    Manchester City 0-0 West Ham
    Newcastle 2-0 Bolton
    Wigan 0-0 Everton (ugh, two 4-5-1 defensive SMALL teams. Boring!)
    Spurs 2-0 Sunderland.

Now we sit back and wait to see how accurate it truly is. Exciting, eh folks?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Thats a great idea. *Slaps open FIFA*

EDIT: On second thought maybe later, this chair i'm sitting on is incredable.

Predictions for this weeks games:

Aston Villa 2 - 2 Liverpool

Tough game. Two teams who are much more prepared for this coming season than the last. I predict a close game, and although Liverpool are the better side, gut feeling tells me that its gonna be a draw.

Bolton 1 - 2 Newcastle

Revenge for big Sam. Newcastle are just the better side this season.

Derby 0 - 1 Portsmouth

Games like these are always hard to call. Look at Reading & Wigan in their first seasons and you'll see why. Derby are well coached & managed, but I believe Portsmouth will be experienced enough by now to pull a reult out of the bag.

Middlesborough 0 - 0 Blackburn

Draw.

Everton 3 - 1 Wigan

Somewhat comfortable win for Everton. I'm sure they'll be looking to even improve on last years position. Wigan I feel are a team in decline.

Sunderland 1 - 1 Tottenham

Shock result for Keanos boys. I believe that Sunderland will do well this season.

West Ham 3 - 2 Man City

They'll probably get the win because they are at home. If West Ham do win this game you'll probably see fans express their desire to sack Eriksson. heh

Chelsea 3 - 0 Birmingham

Bang. Get the goals. Bang. Leave.

Arsenal 3 - 0 Fulham

Although I believe Fulham can be good defensively when they want to be, away from home they are just like any other team. Arsenal will start the season with a point to prove that they can contend for the title. I expect Van Persie to grab one.

Man United 2 - 0 Reading

This will be a tough enough game I expect. Reading can be bastards to break down by the best of times, but I think we'll grind out a win.
    Last edited by Rocket Edge; 08-09-2007 at 06:05 PM.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

Can you edit FIFA, Mr. Edge? I know you used to on '98 and '99.

I can't disagree too much with your predictions, although I can't see four goals in our game. Maybe 0-0 or 1-1. Could be wrong though!

Oh man, what an awesome first result. I think I might be warming to the idea of Roy Keane as Sunderland boss.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Sunderland for the mothersmurfing win, that was quality

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Awesome start. Roy for SAF's replacement in five or so years.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I reJOICE.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Articles

Ah man, if Todd and Utaka hadn't scored, my Portsmouth - Derby Pro Evolution game would've been spot on, even down to the goalscorers.

Good result for us today. Torres and Babel both did better than I thought they would, actually. Torres had some good movement, nice touches and strength, and Babel always looked dangerous when he got the ball. I am more optimistic about those two than I was previously, as they do add some much-needed flair. Disappointed in Pennant and Sissoko, who regular viewers of this here thread will know I am in love with. Well, they were both a bit naff today, let me tell you! But good ol' Stevie Deserved win, I think.

I'm mighty annoyed. Boro deserved to win against Blackburn. They had two shots and two goals, both the fault of my least favourite Boro player - Chris Riggott. Never mind losing his man; if he ever finds him then he's having a storming game (not happened yet).

Referee was appalling as well. One of their players wrestled George Boateng to the ground and hit him - only a yellow card. Samba was all over Yakubu all game and got away with it.

On the positive side, we had a really good first half. We look a lot quicker than last year and our defence (with the exception of Riggott) was very good, despite the absence of Woodgate, Pogatetz, Huth, Young and Bates. David Wheater was awesome in the air (Riggott wasn't). Aliadiere and Tuncay both looked useful, but I expect it'll take them a while to settle in.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Chopra you legend! Keano's back in the Premier League with a bang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Can you edit FIFA, Mr. Edge? I know you used to on '98 and '99.
    Could you? I'm not sure, but what a game! I liked the fact about Fifa 98 that you could pretty much kick the ball from anywhere on the pitch and score a spectacular goal. Ah, the memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Awesome start. Roy for SAF's replacement in five or so years.
    YES.

Str8 Pimpin'

Lol, I used to play Fifa 98 all the time; when I tackled a goalkeeper I knew I was in deep s***

I heard Arsenal won today 2-1 against Fulham, the Gunners are back in town!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I heard Arsenal won today 2-1 against Fulham, the Gunners are back in town!
    If you heard how long they were losing you probably wouldn't be sounding so confident right now, mind you. Heard it was won in injury time, both goals after the 84:00 mark.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Yeah, my brother told me, but we got the three points at the end of the day and that's what matters. We're steadily making our way back up there.

Yeah, my brother told me, but we got the three points at the end of the day and that's what matters. We're steadily making our way back up there.
    You're a Gunners fan, i already love you! ^_^

And you are right, three points is what counts.

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Armisael View Post
    You're a Gunners fan, i already love you! ^_^

And you are right, three points is what counts.
    See what advantages come out of being a Arsenal fan, fellas?