Page 24 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41418192021222324252627282930344474 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2007-2008 Season

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Graeme Sounness for Chelsea. Imagining the Hilarity of what he'd do with all that money is almost too much for me to handle

According to BBC it is now confirmed, left by "mutual consent" apparently Ramos is favourite
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Wow, I can't say it was completely out of the blue (no pun intended), but the timing does seem random. Do you think it's because Shevchenko saved his bacon and he just couldn't bare it anymore?

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I reckon Chelsea just shot their chance of winning the Premiership, personally.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Which is fine by me. New question though: Does that mean a new team will crack the top four in their stead or will they still stay Champions league bound next year? And can they still put together a solid campaign in this years go-around?

Take care all.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I doubt that this will de-stabilise Chelsea to the extent that they don't finish in the top four now. Who knows whether it'll seriously affect their title challenge though in the long run.

That git's gone and stolen our thunder from beating Sevilla last night now
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

At the minute it looks like Liverpool are in there for the best chance but United have came up the table quickly.

Even though City are second at the minute, we'll not win the league this time around its going to take a long time to get to that standard
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

I was at school when I heard. BING BING BING MEGA SCORE. THE GRINCH IS OUT.

This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Mourinho was 50/1 to win the sack race at the start of the season. Whoever made that bet is waking up to a wonderful, wonderful morning.

This shouldn't hurt Chelsea too badly, to be honest. Abramovich won't waste time in bringing in a quality replacement for Mourinho, and the squad's already there to allow them to challenge for the title. Their position will be weakened, sure, but they're not going to slip out of the top four any time soon.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Cz View Post
    Mourinho was 50/1 to win the sack race at the start of the season. Whoever made that bet is waking up to a wonderful, wonderful morning. :D

This shouldn't hurt Chelsea too badly, to be honest. Abramovich won't waste time in bringing in a quality replacement for Mourinho, and the squad's already there to allow them to challenge for the title. Their posi<b></b>tion will be weakened, sure, but they're not going to slip out of the top four any time soon.
    Another one of those moments when I wish I were a betting man.

It makes me laugh sometimes to see the quality managers that Chelsea have gotten rid of since Abramovich took over in Ranieri and Mourinho. As much as he annoyed me, I secretly like Mourinho if only because made the Premiership more interesting. I've read that Hiddink and Klinnsman are among the favourites to take over in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Graeme Sounness for Chelsea. Imagining the Hilarity of what he'd do with all that money is almost too much for me to handle :excited:
    If Sounness or David O'Leary took over at Chelsea it would make my day. I was trying to think of more Premiership managers who were awful and the first name I thought of was Les Reed (remember him?). He just scared me more than anything though. Creepiest guy ever.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I'm sad to see Jose gone, honestly. He certainly won't take over another Premiership team (Not Spurs). As for the new manager, the only reason he got in is because he's personal friends with Abramovich! Chelsea are a team in decline.

Jose I expect will take over the Portugese national team.

Str8 Pimpin'

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsour View Post
    Even though City are second at the minute, we'll not win the league this time around its going to take a long time to get to that standard
    You're the fellow City fan then! Good man.

Clearly, Chelsea will fall from grace and the mighty City will take their place in the big 4.

Okay so I still think we're only going to achieve a top 10 finish but it's nice to dream rite

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

byebye mourinhoooo~

If this happened before the season began I would have said helloooo spurs into the top 4, but now I don't know what to say!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think Avram Grant will do a very good job as Chelsea manager.

Now then, where's Heath when you need to show some smug red superiority?

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I didn't think we played that badly in all honesty. 4-3-3 seemed the best formation and I was fairly pleased with the line-up to begin with. Wessels and the defence played well. What the hell happened with the rest of the players and indeed the rest of the match is utterly beyond me.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.