Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819233363 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2007-2008 Season

The first day of the season doesn't mean much, but it's always nice to get off to a good start, instead having to play catch-up right from the first game. With that in mind, I'm not too bothered by our performance against Fulham; the important thing is that we got the result. Our side was practically unchanged from last season, and once we get Gilberto back and we've seen what Da Silva can do, I think we'll be a little more settled. It'd help if we didn't concede stupid first minute goals, too.

Can't say I'm too worried about Rooney's injury, to be honest. England can perform well without him, and if we screw up our chances of qualification in September, it won't be because of his absence.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

On a bookie-note, United were listed as favourites before the weekend, now it's Chelsea. Shows how tight they see the Premiership this year!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Cz View Post
    Can't say I'm too worried about Rooney's injury, to be honest. England can perform well without him, and if we screw up our chances of qualification in September, it won't be because of his absence.
    Yes, it will be because big Pete is suspended. England's best striker over the past two years? Most definitely! (this is regards to international football, before you all jump on me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    ]Yes, it will be because big Pete is suspended. England's best striker over the past two years? Most definitely! (this is regards to international football, before you all jump on me!)
    I must admit I'd forgotten about that, but I hardly think Rooney was going to be the one to get the goals in Crouch's absence. His goalscoring record at international level is pretty poor, after all. Obviously he'll be missed, but his absence won't be quite as crucial as, say, Steven Gerrard's would be.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Cz View Post
    ]Yes, it will be because big Pete is suspended. England's best striker over the past two years? Most definitely! (this is regards to international football, before you all jump on me!)
    I must admit I'd forgotten about that, but I hardly think Rooney was going to be the one to get the goals in Crouch's absence. His goalscoring record at international level is pretty poor, after all. Obviously he'll be missed, but his absence won't be quite as crucial as, say, Steven Gerrard's would be.
    Internationally, Gerrard is without question Englands best player. With that said, I'd have to reverse that view if Scholes was still playing!

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

Spurs lost again, United drew again, Chelsea scraped a win again. WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN? Don't answer that, chaps, because I am about to do so. It means Spurs are going to come 10th, United 4th and Chelsea 1st. Of course it does.

Oh and Wigan won against Boro. Interesting for the relegation fight me thinks.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Another win for us, looking good. Was never that concerned about losing to Derby so whoever. However, Manchester Derby coming up which is going to be the benchmark for the new squad I think, I don't expect a win but I would like us to put up a fight and make life difficult for United and we might pull it off.

Funny stat that Paul Scholes is now the all-time top scorer for Man Utd (according to Match of the Day) with 96 goals, which I found really random, you'd expect a club like United to have one of those immense strikers with masses of goals for them.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Funny stat that Paul Scholes is now the all-time top scorer for Man Utd (according to Match of the Day) with 96 goals, which I found really random, you'd expect a club like United to have one of those immense strikers with masses of goals for them.
    I'm happy for Scholesy. Trademark cracker to take the record too.

This is atrocious. We are being really, really unlucky this season so far with everything. I swear, if we don't win on saturday the title is as good as gone.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I swear, if we don't win on saturday the title is as good as gone.
    I would be surprised if Chelsea won 36 games. Besides, they're coming to Anfield this weekend! Someone you want to drop points will be dropping 'em, that's for sure.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I swear, if we don't win on saturday the title is as good as gone.
    I would be surprised if Chelsea won 36 games. Besides, they're coming to Anfield this weekend! Someone you want to drop points will be dropping 'em, that's for sure.
    Ah yes, but what will happen when United come to Anfield?

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

You'll be dominated the entire game, but we'll fail to take our chances and the game will be 0-0 until Nemanja Vidic scores in the 92nd minute.

Articles

FFXIV Character

You'll be dominated the entire game, but we'll fail to take our chances and the game will be 0-0 until Nemanja Vidic scores in the 92nd minute.
    I'll make sure to add him to my team in Fantasy Football that week.

That was one of my favourite moments from last season. John O'Shea, what a legend. He is one of the weirdest players i've ever come across though, like a Gary Doherty or Peter Crouch. Semi useless players who can create moments of brilliance deserves cult status!

Str8 Pimpin'

Paulo Wanchope is King

Only players who are so brilliant the world can not contain their brilliance and they are so fantastic and awesome that they just don't try because it would make it unfair on everyone else deserve cult status. Which is why Paulo Wanchope is the greatest cult hero of all time

edit: , not logged in to my normal account 'cause this is IE. but yeah.
    Paulo Wanchope will lead us to the promised land

Poo. We're in trouble.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

We're top of the league! It won't last, but we're top of the League! Deservedly so, I feel, after how well we owned Spurs.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.