Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 253539404142434445464748495051556595 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football Thread! 2007-2008 Season

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Bolton, honestly?

Atleast losing to Liverpool isn't that embarrassing. Even though Paul is mocking me via text. ;___;
    Yeah, the really bad thing is that it's not so much Bolton being amazing as it is United being really, really... dead. Until Anderson came on around the 60th minute we've had nothing happening at all. I'm hoping Carrick comes off for Fletcher, really.

EDIT: Even Giggs is gifting Bolton the ball.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Jesus smurfing Christ we're smurfed Walcott joins the crew on the injury bench. It's so unfunny I'm laughing.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Everton 6 - 1 Sunderland

And ten minutes to go. <3
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Resha View Post
    Jesus smurfing Christ we're smurfed Walcott joins the crew on the injury bench. It's so unfunny I'm laughing.
    At least your team know how to get a goal.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

7-1 to Everton. Oh my god, this makes me happy in so many ways.

I now love Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    At least your team know how to get a goal.
    Two

But this is Wigan, and a win was somewhat expected -- it's pretty demoralising to some effect that it took them this long! And at many points in the game Wigan seriously threatened. If Walcott's injury is serious, we really are smurfed, thinking ahead-wise. No van Persie for Sevilla, no Walcott (potentially), no Gilberto for how long? And Hleb. aughghg

And a big hurray for Everton, although a part of me wishes it weren't Sunderland. I did like their success story with Keano at the helm :sad:
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Nah, once you have Fabregas back you'll be sailing.

EDIT: O'Shea on for... Brown? What the hell? We've so far substituted two defenders and we still have Hargreaves, Carrick AND O'Shea on. This is weird.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Arsenal fans have no idea about injuries. Try having basically your whole team out injured, as we did last season.

Van Persie is back soon, and Gilberto and Walcott were only starting occasionally anyway. Fair play about Hleb, though.

edit: seriously though, Everton to win EVERYTHING from now on. What legends! Unless they're playing Newcastle!

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimsour View Post
    Apparently Newcastle fans have been singing Big Sam for England all through the match.
    Oh, please. The Newcastle fans were singing "You don't know what you're doing," right in Sam Allardyce's face. That's hardly wanting him to take the England manager job.

In my opinion, Big Sam should have been England Manager ahead of McClaren, but I'm happy to have him at St James', those Newcastle fans who aren't calling for him to be axed are happy to have him and wouldn't want him to leave.

edit: Big Sam has ruled himself out of the England job, anyway.
    i think they're point was "smurf off and manage england its a lost cause anyway" although honestly big sam's been better than some of your past managers.

gutted for sunderland, 7-1, know how it feels this season to be 6 down.
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

And Flamini and Diaby I just don't think Wenger has a lot of options. It'd be so much better to be able to be flexible. van Persie will be back soon, though, after Sevilla if not before; and we have Eduardo around. Our defence needs to get itself slightly sorted. They seem confused.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pink Grin

And Flamini and Diaby I just don't think Wenger has a lot of options. It'd be so much better to be able to be flexible. van Persie will be back soon, though, after Sevilla if not before; and we have Eduardo around. Our defence needs to get itself slightly sorted. They seem confused.
    Arsenal will be fine. I'm just hoping a fair few people are out for when we play you.

Although, after today I don't have much hope. We were god awful. xDDD

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

D.A.D.D.Y D.I.C.K

city 2 reading 1.
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

Unlucky for Wigan, that would of been i really good point for them but Arsenal are just keeping going.

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

What a ty day. for Man U, for Sunderland & for my fantasy team. That isn't helped by the fact that the other big 3 teams won.

Str8 Pimpin'

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

We got the win at least, but with three away games in a row next up in the league (and Newcastle always play well against us when at St James Park, no matter how rubbish they've been beforehand!) we need to be more convincing in December, which is full of tough fixtures for us. Hence I was glad Man Utd gave us a bit of breathing room today, we might need it before too long - hurry back Van Persie!

Chelsea and Liverpool are lurking nearby too, I hope we can still be top by 1st January 2008 anyway. I might even start to believe a little then if we are XD
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"