Cid's Knight Application

<h2>Bio Information</h2>
    Forum Name: Faris
    Real First Name: Ashley
    Years general gaming experience: 10
    Years Final Fantasy(tm) experience: 4
    Favorite Final Fantasy(tm) game: Tactics

<h2>Short Answer</h2>
    1) Have you ever moderated a forum before?
    1.a) If so, which one (please provide link), for how long, and are you still there presently?
    Just on silly sites that I made years ago which are now dead. I am not currently a moderator.

2) What are your reasons for wanting to join the EoFF Forums Staff?
    The experience, in a sense. I enjoy being a type of mediator and leader. Also, I would want to do something for the site.

3) If you were asked to participate in a Staff Orgy, how far would you be willing to go?
    Not far at all, I'll just take the pictures and hold the camera.

<h2>Long Answer</h2>
    1) Imagine the users of LOCP decided to invade the forum, registering many accounts and spamming it up. What would your actions be in this situation?
    Ban the LOCP members who are attacking if they continue to do so after a few warnings have been sent.

2) Describe the perfect way to catch Raistlin slipping up so he can be banned.
    Place a tracking device on him.

3) Detail what you would do to promote the forum in other venues.
    Buy an EoFF shirt and prance around in it. I would also provide a link in other profiles on other sites. If I personally know someone who enjoys Final Fantasy and is not a member, I would suggest EoFF to them and include the fact that it's a very friendly forum.

4) Detail what you would to heighten the enjoyment of the forum for existing members.
    I would attempt to create a unique event or competition that would catch the eye of members who do not always post in General Chat.

5) Tell why or why not you would be willing to work with the Front Site Staff in bettering the Front Site ( eyesonff.com ).
    I would be willing simply because I just want to be able to do something for EoFF.

<h2>Subjective Section</h2>
    What makes you so special?
    I can count using my fingers. (SPOILER)In all seriousness I use logic and a fair "three strikes you're out" policy. Not really sure what type of "special" you're looking for here.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

3) If you were asked to participate in a Staff Orgy, how far would you be willing to go? Oh baby. I'd be up for that anytime even If I wasn't a ck! Wait but if it was just the staff bit, sorry guys no.

That's all I wanted to answer

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

<h1>Cid's Knight Application</h1>

<h2>Bio Information</h2>
    Forum Name: Psychotic.
    Real First Name: Paul.
    Years general gaming experience: 15
    Years Final Fantasy(tm) experience: 10
    Favorite Final Fantasy(tm) game: VII

<h2>Short Answer</h2>
    1) Have you ever moderated a forum before? Yes!
    1.a) If so, which one (please provide link), for how long, and are you still there presently? EoFF. http://forums.eyesonff.com. One year. Yes.

2) What are your reasons for wanting to join the EoFF Forums Staff? To work with Psychotic. Just think, Psychotic and Psychotic, tearing up EoEO and bannin' the second account hordes.

3) If you were asked to participate in a Staff Orgy, how far would you be willing to go? firm handshake

<h2>Long Answer</h2>
    1) Imagine the users of LOCP decided to invade the forum, registering many accounts and spamming it up. What would your actions be in this situation? Make a second account of my own and post photos of cocks. It'd be banned and nobody would bother to IP check it and I'd have gotten away with being so awesome.

2) Describe the perfect way to catch Raistlin slipping up so he can be banned. Every single post he makes is smurfing retarded. "OH NO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD SO I WILL CALL YOU A FAGGOT!" Lame. Just ban him.

3) Detail what you would do to promote the forum in other venues. I wouldn't. Advertising a major forum like this is a recipie for disaster. If you have a good thing going, people will come.

4) Detail what you would to heighten the enjoyment of the forum for existing members. I wouldn't. They're s.

5) Tell why or why not you would be willing to work with the Front Site Staff in bettering the Front Site ( eyesonff.com ). No, because Baloki is a smurfing asshole.

I have banned over 100 rule breakers. (Fact. Check it out if you don't believe me. CTRL+F Psychotic on banned users page.) I am the greatest smurfing Cid's Knight of all goddamned time, and if anybody deserves to be two Cid's Knights, you bet your left eyeball it's Psychotic.

Articles

Well, as an experienced Cid's Knight, I've looked over your applications and I think this Psychotic guy is head and shoulders above the rest of you.

Edit by Psychotic: Psychotic, please don't double post. Use the edit/delete button instead. Thanks!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Despite the huge doubt in my mind that I will make it (Especially with me not even being here a full year), I want to give it a shot. I'm going to try to be as truthful as possible.

Cid's Knight Application

Bio Information

Forum Name: Goldenboko
    Real First Name: Daniel (but please, I prefer Dan)
    Years general gaming experience: 12 years (Yeah I started when I was three)
    Years Final Fantasy(tm) experience: Dunno, I want to say four.
    Favorite Final Fantasy(tm) game: Final Fantasy IX

Short Answer

1) Have you ever moderated a forum before? Yes, two to be exact.
    1.a) If so, which one (please provide link), for how long, and are you still there presently?

One forum I made myself (chocoboloversclub - Index) but noone goes there so its just gets spam now, and also another site in which I have seemed to lost the link to, mainly because the two admins left the site, so every member abandoned it (thus making the link pointless to me). If you don't believe me on the second one you could PM Boys From the Dwarf, he was a frequent vistor of the site (Name= Chocobo Secret Garden)

2) What are your reasons for wanting to join the EoFF Forums Staff? I really love the site, and I'd love to help, I'm no good at making webpages (so I'd be no use to the frontsite), but patrolling forums, thats something I can do.

3) If you were asked to participate in a Staff Orgy, how far would you be willing to go? Why do I get the feeling this is some kind of crazy trick question that wants to see if I'd kiss up to the mods? Well, I guess it would really depend who's in the orgy, and if no one good was there it would depend if I was sober.

Long Answer

1) Imagine the users of LOCP decided to invade the forum, registering many accounts and spamming it up. What would your actions be in this situation?

My first action would be to try and solve the situation by getting an admin (because I don't believe Mods can ban) to quickly banning the users (banning IPs as well if necessary) and deleting their posts. If their where too many to do that efficiently or they had continued by making accounts from different IPs, I would consort with the staff if we should shut down the forums, temporarily, fix the problem (hurry for shiny pink titles), and reopen the forum, good as new.

(Are you asking how evil I could be?) Raistlin is a sneaky member, always making posts that are on the edge, never over it, just watching would not be enough. I'd most likely have to set up traps for him, try and make him get into stupid arguments, and make him look like a downright bad user and well, throw him a shiny pink title. Now of course this should never be done by the staff as it would be wrong to "set up" a ban.

Eyes on Final Fantasy is a very popular site already, so to promote the forum, I guess I'd just throw it in my signatures at other sites and hope someone clicks on it, as well as refering friends looking for forum sites here, I would never spam people to come though, as I find that wrong.

4) Detail what you would to heighten the enjoyment of the forum for existing members.

There is a couple things I would try and do as a Mod, one of the most important is acting similar to as I do now. The last thing existing members would want is some kid to become a mod and become all snobby about it, I would continue posting, and coexisting with members as one of them, not some kind of stupid superior. Next, I make good mod material in general because I am on the site a lot and I have a good understanding of the rules, its very likely if someone was breaking a rule that I would catch it because I'm on enough to see it, and I know the rules well enough the recognize the offense.

5) Tell why or why not you would be willing to work with the Front Site Staff in bettering the Front Site ( eyesonff.com ).

I would be willing to work the members of the Front Site, but it is a good possiblity I would not be of much use because I have little knowledge on how to make websites (although next year I am taking a graphic class which says it teaches web design). With that said I would try my best to complete any task given to me within my ability.

Subjective Section

Technically nothing makes me more special then the other members, I really want to become a mod to do my part in helping EoFF. I have reasons I think I would make a good mod, sure. I'm on the site a lot, I know the rules, I'm willing to enforce, but I'd like to be as fair as possible, and hell, for some reason, I think I'd be damn good at it. Other then that I can't tell you guys any more then I'm incredibly willing to do my best, and I think that would make a big difference for EoFF.

Grr... Fine print
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 05-25-2007 at 11:42 AM.

Default Finally the Moment Has Come...

<h1>Cid's Knight Application</h1>

<h2>Bio Information</h2>
    Forum Name: Evastio
    Real First Name: (I still don't trust you people with it)
    Years general gaming experience: Around 12 years
    Years Final Fantasy(tm) experience: 10 years
    Favorite Final Fantasy(tm) game: Final Fantasy IV

<h2>Short Answer</h2>
    1) Have you ever moderated a forum before?
    No. This is the only forum I've ever joined.
    2) What are your reasons for wanting to join the EoFF Forums Staff?
    I go on this forum regularly so I'd be able to donate my time as a Staff member of EoFF. Also I noticed that EoFF seems to be dying lately and I want to help change that as much as possible.
    3) If you were asked to participate in a Staff Orgy, how far would you be willing to go?
    Not far at all. I'm not that dirty of a person.
    <h2>Long Answer</h2>
    I'd ban only the ones I know for sure are second accounts and if it'd be possible I'd somehow disable those people from accessing EoFF.
    Use every post he makes that goes against the EoFF rules (which is practically all of his posts) against him until it's enough for him to get a final warning. Afterwards he can become banned as soon as he makes another post (assuming it goes against the EoFF rules).
    I'd recommend the EoFF Site and Forum to offline friends who are FF Fans. (I know quite a few)
    I'd make more Backwards Threads and other fun thread ideas.
    I wouldn't want to since I have no idea how to make a web site.
    I'm a responsible person who doesn't fall victim to laziness easily. I'm also serious, mysterious, and ready to do whatever duty is expected of me. I'm also trustworthy and loyal and I keep my word. I also ask questions and make sure of things I don't understand completely.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

<b>Forum Name:</b> Elite Lord Sigma
    <b>Real First Name:</b> Connor
    <b>Age:</b> 15
    <b>Years general gaming experiences:</b>: 10
    <b>Years Final Fantasy(tm) experience:</b> 5
    <b>Favorite Final Fantasy(tm) game:</b> Final Fantasy IV

<b><u>Short Answer</b></u>

<b>1. Have you ever moderated a forum before?</b> No.

<b>2. What are your reasons for wanting to join the EoFF staff?</b> Well, I'd love to help out around the website. I can do some front page editing, and I'll be on often enough to patrol the boards.

<b>3. If you were asked to participate in a Staff Orgy, how far would you be willing to go?</b> I know this is a trick question to see if I would suck up to the other moderators, so it would depend on how bored I was, who was involved, and how pissed off I am at the moment.

<b><u>Long Answer</b></u>

<b>1. Imagine the users of LOCP decided to invade the forum, registering many accounts and spamming it up. What would your actions be in this situation?</b>

I have no idea who LOCP is, but the first action I'd take would be to identify those responsible, and then to lock all threads that are started by them and (if I had that power) to delete the entire thread, and get Admins to start dishing out the pink titles.

<b>2. Describe the perfect way to catch Raistlin slipping up so he can get banned.</b> The problem with Raistlin is that he's constantly testing how much he can get away with, and that he's not stupid, so he's not going to account suicide, either. Not to mention he's level-headed in debates, so getting him angry enough to post inappropriately is nearly impossible. Therefore, the best way other than bugging his computer so I could see everything he does on EoFF would be to constantly check every post he makes, and see what rules he's broken.

<b>3. Detail what you would do to promote the forum in other venues.</b> I'm already a member a few boards, and I'm sure there are a few Final Fantasy nuts who remember the NES/SNES era of Final Fantasy who would be more than happy to join. The only problem that I could see is possibly getting banned for site advertisement, and attracting too many stupid people on NSider (trust me, if you've been there, you'll know what I mean).

<b>4. Detail what you would to heighten the enjoyment of the forum for existing members.</b> Posting here more often is the most obvious choice. Also, I could try occasionally doing something odd (such as speaking for an entire day exclusively in the second-person perspective), and to create threads on interesting subjects.

<b>5. Tell why or why not you would be willing to work with the Front Site Staff in bettering the Front Site ( eyesonff.com ).</b> It would be a little difficult for me, because of my limited knowledge of programming, but I believe I could do much, considering I possess both a photographic memory and hyperlexia (which is hardly surprising considering I also have Asperger's Syndrome).

<b><u>Subjective Section</b></u>

<b>What makes you so special?</b>

I honestly can't say how I'm special compared to most here. I may not have the outgoing charisma of people like Roto or all of the interesting thread subjects, but I'm willing to listen to nearly any problem that one might have, and I'll always try to offer a helpful point of view on something, even if it conflicts with what others might say. My intelligence can be also described as wonderful.

Articles

FAO: Goldenboko and Elite Lord Sigma - Cid's Knights can ban people. If you want to change your answers based on this startling revelation, then go wild!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    2) Describe the perfect way to catch Raistlin slipping up so he can be banned. Raistlin is infallible and never makes mistakes.
    Ack! Bunny! Your application is DENIED.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

April called and would like its <s>fools</s> jokes back.

And then there is Death

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This really is the end of an era, isn't it?

I always knew this would happen some day, and now with the departure of Cid, it was inevitable. I'm shocked and saddened. Perhaps I'm simply an EoFF traditionalist who believes in the old ways of doing things, or maybe I'm just a boring old fart, but the idea of a Cid's Knight application form seems ridiculous to me.

Ah well, never mind.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rainecloud View Post
    This really is the end of an era, isn't it?

I always knew this would happen some day, and now with the departure of Cid, it was inevitable. I'm shocked and saddened. Perhaps I'm simply an EoFF traditionalist who believes in the old ways of doing things, or maybe I'm just a boring old fart, but the idea of a Cid's Knight application form seems ridiculous to me.

Ah well, never mind.
    Didn't read the fine print, did you?

This is just for fun

Its much easier to Say why I shouldn't be a Cids Knight.

1)I'm a Raistlin Fan Boy.

2)I'd mess with everyones posts who I deem being stupid to accentuate their stupidity.

3)I'd Ban anyone who even suggests the possibilty of the R=U theory being true.

4)About half the Posters in EoEO would be banned.

5)I'd replace the Filter on the Chu.ck Norris with "I'm a fat smelly loser".

6)I read the Fine Print.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

What about the application I already have in the Staff forums? Do I have to fill this one out too

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes. Also, you have to send in more leather pants pictures.

Rase's is my absolute favorite so far. He is going to be Cid's Knight 4sho.

Signature by rubah. I think.