Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean

Banned
    Blog Entries

I liked it

Quote Originally Posted by Magus of Zeal View Post
    Did this movie have the traditional PoTC theme song?
    yeah its scattered throughout

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

i thought it was great!!! got confusing in places with all the crossing stories lol but maybe thats just because i have a simple mind. saw it last night with my friend and its reall worth seeing

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought it was good, the ending was ok, and there was some weird parts that dragged on (Jack with the crabs, wtf?). Overall very enjoyable.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I happen to love the POTC series so i COULDNT not like the movie...Barbossa is my favorite pirates character and i thought he had the finest performance out of anyone. The movie does has its flaws but i thought for a third isntallment film they did INCREDIBLE. Loved davy jones and tia dalma in this one *growls just thinking about that lustrious barbatos..ian..chick..girl..babe....*

Cool quotes, great music, good action....Another awsome job by Disney

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

I imagine that the fangirls and mary-sue writers are going to be in paradise with this one.

It was boring until the end.

I thought a lot of it was funny, but those moments weren't supposed to be as funny as I saw them to be. And I absolutely hate the ending. So lame.

And all the foreign pirates = <3. They didn't do anything in the last battle, so I had assumed they all died, but there they were cheering at the very end. :P And all I could think about when seeing the Singapore pirates was "Filipinos!". :P

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Geoffrey Rush was definitely the highlight of the entire movie. Keith Richards was a close second. Other than that, it wasn't really anything special. I felt that Jonny Depp wasn't nearly as awesome as he was in the first two movies, but I can't quite place my finger on the reason why.

Still a good movie over all. The ending was a bummer, though.

The only thing that kept me from going insane due to dragging on was Keith Richards. The ending was alright I guess.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was a looong movie.

I liked it. A lot better than the second one. Less than the first one. But still, a good finish to the Trilogy.

I thought that there were way too many crosses, double crosses, backstabbing, etc, going on in the movie. I mean, yeah, I know they're pirates and that's what they do. But they did it one (or two... three, five) times too many. It got to the point where I was just like, screw it, I don't even care who's side anyone is on anymore.

The ending made me very very sad. And I DON'T think it was a good ending for Will and Elizabeth. It was just so sad. Like, do you guys realize how bitterly tragic it must be to be separated from someone you love for 10 years at a time? I dunno, it seemed such a devastating end (to me) but the movie treated it as if it wasn't really a big deal. That bothered me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    It was a looong movie.

I liked it. A lot better than the second one. Less than the first one. But still, a good finish to the Trilogy.

I thought that there were way too many crosses, double crosses, backstabbing, etc, going on in the movie. I mean, yeah, I know they're pirates and that's what they do. But they did it one (or two... three, five) times too many. It got to the point where I was just like, screw it, I don't even care who's side anyone is on anymore.

The ending made me very very sad. And I DON'T think it was a good ending for Will and Elizabeth. It was just so sad. Like, do you guys realize how bitterly tragic it must be to be separated from someone you love for 10 years at a time? I dunno, it seemed such a devastating end (to me) but the movie treated it as if it wasn't really a big deal. That bothered me a bit.
    my friend and I were thinking about this. That means, assuming they were in their 20s, they see each other for maybe a week of their remaining lives. Pretty much hell. Now, if she finds the fountain of youth and lives forever just like him...
    I also don't get why she couldn't just work on his crew. I mean his dad is on the crew freely.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    I felt that Jonny Depp wasn't nearly as awesome as he was in the first two movies, but I can't quite place my finger on the reason why.
    I thought the same, mainly because he's not as much of an enigma anymore. They took that away by making him insane and then placing him in a situation from which he needed to be rescued.

I thought a lot of the movie was very forced. The concept of (SPOILER)Pirate Lords and the (SPOILER)Pirate King didn't really sit that nicely in the story. The fight scene where (SPOILER)Will and Elizabeth got married, right in the middle of everything, well, come on Disney, wtf?

I liked the movie though. The special effects were totally kickin' rad, and the ending was a feelgood ending, but the story seems to be five or so different ideas fighting for the role of being the main plot. The first was better than the second by a long shot, which was again heaps better than the third.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Is it me or did callipo remind you of the ice lollys callipsos