Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    um, will and elizabeth get a rotten deal, it reminded me too much of the ending to (SPOILER)His Dark Materials

Yeah, but because it's Disney, Will and Elizabeth get (SPOILER)togethaaaa again.

Really excited about the film for that as well! The main girl looks like a snot nosed brat though.

Saw it last night and I enjoyed it immensely. I felt the end was good albeit a bit predictable. But they did pull it off well, and kept it entertaining the whole time.

I don't think Will and Elizabeth had that bad of a deal at the end, the only character I honestly felt bad for was James.

I have noticed, some people have trouble sitting through 3 hour movies just because of the fact it's a 3 hour movie.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

At least PotC didn't have a needless bevy of multiple endings, unlike this one movie I could mention.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

i liked part 2 better, but overall this was a great film

the ending pissed me off though, will becomming owner of the dutchman and all, the pirate lords were awesome, and jacks appearance wasnt that great =/ i liked the davy jones closet idea though

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Loved it. Better than Dead Man's Chest, don't know if it's better than Black Pearl though.

Plenty of Barbossa. I agree with this. Not quite enough Davy Jones, but he was still around and it was still great. The humor was back on form, after the somewhat weaker stuff in 2. And say what you will, I thought the stuff in the Locker was great. All those crabs = teh win, for a start.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

yea, i think there wasnt enough davy jones either

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

I saw it today and loved it! After the definitely weaker Dead Man's Chest, this was great. Jack at World's End was bizarre but awesome and the only thing I really disliked was Elizabeth's stupid cheesy LET'S FIGHT! speech. smurf off.

And I loved the mini-Jacks on his shoulders. xDD

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End two weeks ago, and I liked the movie, really. I thought it was clearly better than Dead Man's Chest, which I thought was technically a good movie but still had major problems with the pacing (getting started) and the character development, and I also thought the second movie tried to be a bit too serious, while the humor was weak.

Pirates 3 had a fun opening, the middle part was a bit slow but I liked all the cameos there (Norrington, Bootstrap Bill, Captain Teague etc) and the final battle looked great. The ending could have been better, but it was alright. I definitely enjoyed it more than Pirates 2, though I still think the original movie was the best of the trilogy. What I liked about Pirates 3 was that it tried to be more like the first movie than the 2nd one, with some fun action and funny scenes.

For the weak points, I was a bit confused about who's on whose side in the middle, so I kind of gave up in trying to figure that out. I also thought some of the characters were killed off too easily, such as (SPOILER)The Kraken, Elizabeth's father and James Norrington. I think they should have gone down in a more impressive way.

All in all, I think Pirates 3 turned out to be a pretty good movie and was a good way to end the trilogy. I was afraid the trilogy would end up like the Matrix (the first movie being great, the second movie being bad and the third movie doing a bit better but still lacking), but fortunately, I don't think it was that bad, and Pirates 3 probably made up for some of the flaws in Pirates 2 as well. I'm never really a fan of sequels, so I actually hope Disney stops here and doesn't ruin the franchise with a possibly awful sequel.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

i loved it.

to me not as good as the first but better then the 2nd.

only part that bothered me (SPOILER)was when calypso turned giant and then exploded into crabs.

it was pretty funny and jack and barbosa were the best in it. barbosa was what a typical pirate would be like and he was well i guess a good guy which was cool to see. jack so funny and kinda brought back that always in control vibe he had in the first one.

not enough sword fighting though. and the double crossing confused me to no end. but i like how jack ended things will kinda showing hes not so selfish after all.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

I never go to the movies cause my parents never let me (even at the age of 13). I was suppose to go see spiderman 3 with my friend but when my mom heard it was at 8:00p.m. and it wasn't going to end at about 11:00p.m. she said that it was going to pass my bed time but I nevered care and I really wanted to see the movie.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Oh, Elizabeth's "rousing speech".

*SHUDDER*

Thats all I can say about that .

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    My girlfriend called me a three in the morning to tell me it sucked.
    She was right.

It sucked.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Resha, I am shocked!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I just saw it yesterday and I thought it was awesome but it lacked the sword fighting scenes. But I thought the comedy was awesome.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2