Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean

Default Pirates of the Caribbean

So, have you guys seen it yet? What did you think?

I saw it last night with my girlfriend, I thought it was pretty good! I think they might have overdone it with the try-too-hard-comedy bits though, and it almost started to drag out, but I loved the ending scenes.

Overall, I probably prefer 1 & 2, but this one was fairly awesome.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

what you saw it yesterday? how? it doesn't open for another 2 hours!!!!!
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

I have several friends who work at theaters and saw the movie on Tuesday night. All of them have said that it was definitely a good movie and well worth seeing, so that's what I'll be doing next Wednesday.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I'm gonna see it Friday night with my girlfriend. From the sounds of it, it drags on quite a lot at 2 hours and 45 minutes, but I look forward to seeing it because of Keith Richards appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    what you saw it yesterday? how? it doesn't open for another 2 hours!!!!!
    I live in Australia, we're a day ahead. It came out on the 24th, and the 24th was yesterday for us.

Quote Originally Posted by White Raven View Post
    I'm gonna see it Friday night with my girlfriend. From the sounds of it, it drags on quite a lot at 2 hours and 45 minutes, but I look forward to seeing it because of Keith Richards appearance.
    Yeah, seeing Keith Richards was fairly cool. I liked Geoffrey Rush in this one a lot more than him in the first one.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I plan to see it with a few friends, hopefully I will have more than two people with me

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

I loved that movie. Just got back from it, actually. It was a little slow at first, but it turned out to be really great. And there were some rather strange points in it. Should make up for all the "flaws" of the second movie, though..

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Youkai View Post
    And there were some rather strange points in it.
    Yeah I agree, Jack Sparrow's (SPOILER)insanity was absolutely awesome.

There were few things I didn't really get though, but I'll let this thread develop a bit more before I bring them up.

I didn't like the scene after the credits. They could have easily made a 4th movie, and technically they still could. But yeah, that scene definitely ruined the possibility of a 4th movie, which honestly I wanted to see due to the outcome of this one.

All in all, I enjoyed it.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

LoL this movie was all kinds of awesome-ness lol the comedy really meshed in with the seriousness though i thought it was better than two though!

(SPOILER)who wouldve though that Tia Dalma was Davvy Jones' lover AND Callipso lol

Kiera Knightly as the pirate king...hillarious and ironic...though i did cringe abit with her "lets fight" speech

and what the hell did the other pirates do at the end.....it was like what was the point of bringing them all together when it was only like two ships that done the buisness lol

oh and Keith Richards....funny as he played his part well with the screen time he had...he was awesome lol!

i hope they make a 4 but they need a break! But i hope its mostly just about pirates and kinda leave the india trading company out of it lol!

and what was the scene after the credits?

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

I'll probably be seeing it sometime next week.

My girlfriend called me a three in the morning to tell me it sucked.

I watched it last night. I thought it was OK, but there was a bit too many subplots. Made it hard to follow.

Did this movie have the traditional PoTC theme song?

I read a stinking review of it in the Daily Mail this afternoon whose points system denounced it as a turkey. This makes me want to see it even more.

I wanted to get the first two out at the video store to review the whole story, but there were no copies left. I guess everybody else had the same idea.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine