Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you Deal with Bad Dreams?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Scientists have proven that eating dairy products before bed could result in bad dreams. I would just say, think of a happy place. Sounds kinda lame, but when I was younger it helped me out.

Str8 Pimpin'

usually if on the rare occasion have them, I stay awake, and watch a movie, or play a game until i get tired again.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a few bad dreams as a kid nowadays I only seem to get them if I drink too much alcohol before going to sleep especially to much Jack Daniels, it causes me to have really vivid dreams. I believe when its alcohol induced its called the horrors or the dt's.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus_rox View Post
    Last night I had, what I can say, to be the worst dream ever. I don't have the guts to re-tell it - I would break down crying again. Lets just say it consisted of torture to me and my little toddler sisters.

Now, its 12 oclock and I am too scared to go to bed... So how do you deal with bad dreams?
    That must have been... a very, very bad dream. I can't really tell. I stopped getting bad dreams at the age of eight or so. I do get a bad dream once every few years now, but that's it. I think healthy diet and so forth helps.

When I wake up from a bad dream I'm just too sleepy to think about it...and just sleep again...

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't get afraid of dreams because I know they aren't real. Know when something real happens...

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I have sex. Angry, cowardly sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus_rox View Post
    Last night I had, what I can say, to be the worst dream ever. I don't have the guts to re-tell it - I would break down crying again. Lets just say it consisted of torture to me and my little toddler sisters.

Now, its 12 oclock and I am too scared to go to bed... So how do you deal with bad dreams?
    That must have been... a very, very bad dream. I can't really tell. I stopped getting bad dreams at the age of eight or so. I do get a bad dream once every few years now, but that's it. I think healthy diet and so forth helps.
    Ok, so I'm so totally over this dream, so I will tell you guys it! (And thanks for all your helpful posts!)

KK really quickly... MMM... K, so I was in my house (but it wasn't even my house... just like this barn thing) and this maniac walked in (please dont laugh... it was very scary.) He tied me and my brother to a chair. My parents weren't home becuase it was their anniversairy. So the guy made me and my brother cut ourselfs with razor baldes. Then, randomly - my sisters showed up. (They are 3 and 5 years old.) The man told us to come with him. I grabbed Madelynn (The 5 year old) and my brother grabbed Erika (2 year old). We walked to a school, which again was not mine. It was very dark out. He pointed to a bus and said "Get in." Alex and Erika got in right away, afraid of getting hurt if they didn't. But I asked the man "all's your doing is toruring us, your not even killing us!" He replyed "Not yet!" That was it for me. I ran, carrying Madelynn. We ran into the parking lot of the school, and shouted for help. People from a meeting at my school were just leaving, but they couldn't hear me screaming. MY sister wasn't even crying (she's a brave little thing.) Finally somebody heared me and the person brought me to a room with a bunch of people in it (I don't know who any of them were.) They were all having a good time, but me and my sister were just sitting in the corner crying. After hours of me worrying where my brother and sister were, my sister came in. (How she knew where we were, I dont know) She looked absolutly traumatized. I can't explain it with words the look on her face. It is why I am so scared of the dream. It may seem silly to be afraid of how she looked, but she is so cute, and it looked like she had seen something so terrible... Anyway, I obviously was so happy to see her. But then, I finally asked her "where's Alex??" She looked at me with those scared eyes... And she said "He got burned.." Quicly, it showed me a chair with Alex sitting in it, burnt to a crisp... Me and my two sisters cryed... I woke up and I cryed...

I would normally be crying right now, too, but I am only tearry eyed... Means I am getting over it!! :):)

So thats my dream! Thanks for reading!!!

I haven't had a bad dream since I was 8 I think, and I only seem to have dreams if I wake up in the morning and go back to sleep again but their all quite nice or just weird now.

For bad dreams go to sleep listening to nice music, it'll filter in subconciously and give you good dreams. Either that or practice lucid dreaming. (the control of dreams and what not)

Thanks to White for the sig <3

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    What don't you solve with sex? (Bad sex maybe?)

Reading your dream, tidus_rox, I felt really bad, I can imagine how you felt...what if my sister was in that dream...hopefully it's just a dream...

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I get lots of bad dreams. The only way I can deal with them is to remind myself they're not real, and try to go to bed happy.

I wake up and stay awake the rest of the night. then I do my best to not sleep at all until I forget about the dream... it works for me
    I like Yuna cause, yeah.

I don't think I've had a bad dream for a while, but when I do, I turn on the TV in my room to like, Food Network. Or something. And then I turn on the lamp next to me and read a Real Simple magazine or two.
    wheee!

:hello: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HELLO KITTY SMILEY :hello:

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    What don't you solve with sex? (Bad sex maybe?)
    AIDS