Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Default Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

this is one of the movies coming out this Summer, I'm still not sure if I'm going to see it though, but after the look at this new trailer I could say that I might. Hopefully there won't too many things cut out,. Later I'll speculate on things that would be okay to leave out and what things they shouldn't even think about leaving out. We don't want this to end up like Goblet of Fire where so many things were changed that it really took away from the plot. I wonder how long it will be considering the book is 874 pages long probably about 2 and a half hours, but Grindhouse turned out to be 3 hours and 11 minutes.

Yellow Winged Angel

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

If its got Emma Watson in it, im gonna watch it! well the trailer doesnt look too bad, but im not holding out any high espectations after the appauling version of Goblet Of Fire
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

I too was disappointed with Goblet of Fire movie. But seeing how much of a Potter nerd I am, I will see it regardless, and I only hope that it is good. And even if it turns out to suck, I will only have to suffer the pain for a week than I can get the last book so that should cheer me up.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

well...grindhouse is actually two movies...

also, harry potter, as is the case with many book to movie transitions, loses a lot of things that aren't seen as important (i'm not saying they aren't important) in the interest of keeping it interesting to the mainstream public who may not have read the books.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm not that fussed I'll watch it but i'm not shaking with anticipation for it.

Im not a fan of HP movies but I saw them to compare to the books. The books are better, but I hope this film can be good!

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    If its got Emma Watson in it, im gonna watch it! [...]Fire
    Apparently she'll quit after this one.

I'm looking forward to it but I'm anticipating the final book much, much more!

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Did you notice that in the trailer Voldemort was in a suit? WTF for and at the train station?

I really only want to see this for the part in the book where the Death Eater's head changes into a baby's. if they cut that out then it'll completely suck.

Yellow Winged Angel

Yeah, why was he in a suit, cause i dont remember reading about that in the book.
    But if they miss out the bit about Sirius then i'll go up to the film makers and slap em my self. Or the bit about Rons dad and that snake, or the bit about the giant.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

the giants not missed out cos its in the trailer. ive been really dissapointed as they always miss Ron's bit out in all the movies, and they are always the best. also, the movies are always 'starring Daniel Radcliff and Emma Watson' it never says Rupert Grint
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    If its got Emma Watson in it, im gonna watch it! [...]Fire
    Apparently she'll quit after this one.
    Actually, her and Rupert signed to finish them all like last month. I read it on one of the official HP sites

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

I lost interest in the series after Order of the Pheonix was released a few years ago. Talking about the novel by the way. I'll probably watch the film sometime or other, maybe a couple of years after it's release if nothing else is on TV.

Sure, I'll watch it sometime. I'm also a big fan of the books, but I didn't really care for the first two movies in the series. I though the third was decent, though, and the fourth was completely fine in my opinion.

I'm positive that this movie also is going to be at least decent, but I'm also afraid that they'll cut a lot of the story.. since it is a big book. I guess we'll have to see and wait.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm going to see it. OotP was one of my least favourite parts (HBP owns ALL!) but it's still great. Also, I don't think that cutting bits out of the book take away from the movie. A movie is good when it tries to catch the overall spirit of the book, not trying to be the book. Also, the movies tend to get better and better. The first two parts were... Let's be honest - they were abysmal. Movie number 4 was OK - nicely done. But for me, the best one up until now is the Prisoner of Azkaban - beautiful! Ironically, it catches the spirit of the book the best, even though it had the most bits cut out from it.