Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too easy? But still fun?

Default Too easy? But still fun?

Is Final Fantasy IX too easy? I started a file on my PSP and am currently on Disc 3. Zidane is lvl 45 and most of my party is close to that. I have just about everyone's best weapons except the ones I can't get until disc 4 and Quina's because I haven't caught that many frogs yet. I could most likely beat Necron with my current party. Is it just me or is this game really easy? I have beat it many times but it just seems too easy. However, it's still my favorite of the series, and I have played every other FF game and beat most of them. I like ll the sidequests/secrets/minigames (jump rope, frog catching, chocobo h&c, tetra master, excalibur 2, etc.) they really make this a fun game but it all seems too easy for some reason.

yeah it is really easy, but all the things you mentioned above and other sidequests like defeating ozma and hades, very easy but still entertaining. I love the story as well and i never get tired of it

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Banned
    Blog Entries

yeah but things like ozma and card collecting can be fun

Personally, I dont find it harder or easier than the other FFs Ive played, apart from FFXII. That includes FFVII, VIII, X. But you're right, you rarely die.

Maybe try levelling up less. Fleeing from battles, etc.

Btw, how do you get FFIX on PSP?

I didnt know the PSP could do that, but at the moment, Im debating buying a PSP or a DS.

Articles
    Blog Entries

it can be very easy, but the time it takes you to get everything requires a level of dedication, so it doesn't really bother me.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've only played it once, and it wasn't so easy for me

I'm gonna borrow it again though. Like many video games, it'll be much much easier after the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    Personally, I dont find it harder or easier than the other FFs Ive played, apart from FFXII. That includes FFVII, VIII, X. But you're right, you rarely die.

Maybe try levelling up less. Fleeing from battles, etc.

Btw, how do you get FFIX on PSP?

I didnt know the PSP could do that, but at the moment, Im debating buying a PSP or a DS.
    You can put PSX, N64, Genesis, GB/C, GBA, NES, SNES, and Atari games on PSPs but you have to download and put emulators on them. PSP>DS

But to put PSX games all you have to do is rip your PSX discs on your computer and put them on your PSP.

I actually think that the difficulty level is just right... and it's really not any different than the other Final Fantasies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Lancer View Post
    But to put PSX games all you have to do is rip your PSX discs on your computer and put them on your PSP.
    That's simplifying it just a tad. >_>

^Is there a full explanation anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    ^Is there a full explanation anywhere?
    This site has tutorials and info on all that PSP stuff.

Well, firstly you need to upgrade to a custom firmware to run PS1 games and secondly you need to make the PS1 ISO into a EBOOT.PBP file and then put it into your PSP. Fortunately it is alot easier than it was a few months ago and a hell of alot quicker too.

Oh, and your screwed if you upgraded your PSP over 3.10 as you cant downgrade to 1.50 which is the only firmware which allows you to upgrade to the custom firmware. They may of already got a downgrader available though, I havent checked.

As for a full guide.

Guide.

This seems like a good one, just remember theres alot of different programs you can use to do this. I dont use the one in the guide but from the looks of it, it seems decent. Any troubles you can PM me.

EASY!!EASY!!VERY VERY EASY!!!!!

Thanx for the info guys.

I was debating over PSP or DS, but this info just about clinches me buying the PSP.