Thread: Magical Fingertips

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

Default Magical Fingertips

How do I finagle the Treno Auction so they show up? Furthermore, how much are they? If I try to buy the ribbon, I'll have to pay through the nose, but I really want to get the Excalibur.

It should be available in Disc 4. Make sure the other key items (Rat Tail, Une's Mirror, Doga's Artifact, and the Griffin's Heart) are in your Key Items inventory (anyway, I think you have to have them so Magic Fingertip crops up instead of these items), then keep going into the Auction House. When the Magical Fingertip comes up, refrain from bidding until the auctioneer says '...Any more?', then bid (This doesn't always guarantee you the item, so if you have money issue, sell some un-needed equipment and/or save beforehand). Then take to the guy in Dagguerro, and he'll trade you for the Excalibur.

Hope this helps.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    It should be available in Disc 4. Make sure the other key items (Rat Tail, Une's Mirror, Doga's Artifact, and the Griffin's Heart) are in your Key Items inventory (anyway, I think you have to have them so Magic Fingertip crops up instead of these items), then keep going into the Auction House. When the Magical Fingertip comes up, refrain from bidding until the auctioneer says '...Any more?', then bid (This doesn't always guarantee you the item, so if you have money issue, sell some un-needed equipment and/or save beforehand). Then take to the guy in Dagguerro, and he'll trade you for the Excalibur.

Hope this helps.
    I don't think you need all the other auction items in your key items for it to show up.

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

Tallulah's correct, except you don't need the items in your inventory; rather, you have to sell all four to the people (3) around town. The Magical Fingertip only shows up on Disc 4 anyway. In the event that it doesn't for some weird reason, even after the prereqs have been done, make sure you've learned about the fingertip from the old man in Daguerreo.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Doga's artifact can only be obtained on Disk 3, I must note.

when you go to sell the key items reject the first offer from everyone accept the guy in the synthesis shop

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNUMBERS View Post
    Huh? It can be bought any time past Disc 2.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunnova View Post
    One of the four 'Magical Fingertip items' cannot be purchased on Disc 4, I'm pretty sure it's Doga's Artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunnova View Post
    One of the four 'Magical Fingertip items' cannot be purchased on Disc 4, I'm pretty sure it's Doga's Artifact.
    No, I managed to buy it.

I just bought it in Disc 4.... Buy the scholar in the synthesis shop won't say anything about it.... I'm trying to get the Magical Fingertips to show up as well.

Hmmm... He did when I sold it to him.

Come to think of it, I could probably get the magical fingertip right now. I just haven't resumed play in a while.

EDIT: I just did so yesterday. The Excalibur is very good.
    Last edited by darksword12; 06-10-2007 at 10:35 PM.

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!