Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major Newb question from a Major Newb.

Articles
    Blog Entries

On my laptop, I dragged the mouse to the edge of the screen where I wanted to go with the mouse and keep it held down a move as necessary.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSpamGrover View Post
    For people with laptops (like me) Buy one of these:

Amazon.com: Toshiba PA1390U-1NKP Slim USB Numeric Keypad with 2-Port USB Hub: Electronics

They usually have them at any major department store and it saves alot of frusteration. -_-;
    I actually find the compact keyboard layout quite comfortable, once I got used to it.

Or you can buy a laptop like HP, Sager, or Toshiba and get a numpad with the laptop. I got a Sager >>; even let me choose WinXP instead of Vista.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Yeah, unfortunately I started off playing FFXI on a desktop computer and was so used to the non-compact setup that when I got my laptop I needed that keypad.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Don't worry about it man.

I played for like two years, and then switched to playing on a different laptop and for the life of me, I could not figure out how to move.

And this isn't that rare of a question. On occassion, I've seen random characters standing still in the middle of town asking out loud, how the heck they were supposed to move their character. It's all just part of that newbie experience.

This game has a pretty steep learning curve. There is a LOT of stuff that you won't know, will never know, unless someone with more experience tells you about it.

I only just recently learned why warp IIs were called D2. Random stuff like this, I'm still learning, even 2+ years into the game.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, it's how you learn. There are a lot of helpful people in this game. Try and get into a good linkshell with people who don't mind answering questions, and you'll be fine.
    oh my gosh. I thought D2 was some sinister end-game place x333

to change the graphic settings. there should be a little program in your Start Menu n_n

I play on my laptop using my wired Xbox 360 controller and it couldn't be easier. I am primarily a console gamer but felt bad for my flatmates for all the time I hogged the TV playing FFXI

The only issue with the Xbox controller (this was added in a recent driver update I believe) is that if you accidentally hit the middle button you lose full screen mode...irritating if you are in a pt.