Page 1 of 39 12345671121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mid-Year Ciddies 2007 - Nominate now!

Get me some wine. Recognized Member Queen Award, First of Her Name's Avatar

Default The Mid-Year Ciddies 2007 - Nominate now!

One Forum...

21,757 Members...

Fifty Ciddies...

It's The 12th ever Ciddies!

Hi, everyone! It is a pleasure to finally meet you all. Award Guy has been telling me all these crazy stories about you! I must say you are quite the forum, EoFF. :laugh: Oh, how rude of me, just storming in here without properly introducing myself. My name is RoB, but you can call me Award Kid, for now. Surely you must be pretty puzzled by now, so let me tell you a little story! On a starry night (not much unlike this one) 12 years ago, our dearest Award Guy hooked up with one of your sisters, and he had recently run out of balloons so he improvised. Let’s just say his timing ain’t the best in the world and that 9 months later a little bundle of joy (me!) entered this world of ours. Award Guy couldn’t make it these ciddies, sadly. He said he had an important physical health conference at the Bikini islands. Funny place for a conference if you ask me, but I don’t understand much of this buisness life. Oh well. J While he is away I’ll be happy to count your votes and maybe even befriend some of your sisters while doing so!

As usual there’s quite a few new awards, but the most noteworthy change is the definitions of Veterans, Regulars and Newbies, which is covered in Rule #11. Certain things can’t be repeated too often, so I’ll mention it here too: All other members who registered between 1999 and May 31st 2005 are considered veterans, all other members who registered between June 1st 2005 and May 31st 2006 are considered regulars and all other members who registered June 1st 2006 and later are considered newbies. This is basically the same time frames as last ciddies, except the dates had to be changed to fit with the Mid-year ciddies.

If you are interested in presenting a speech about an award, please send a PM to Rase. Note that you can't pick and choose which speech you present just now, I just want to know how many people are interested. With all that said, let's get down to business.

And the Ciddies are...

1) Best Member
    2) Best Male
    3) Best Female
    4) Best Admin (no nominations)
    5) Best Cid's Knight (no nominations)
    6) Best Site Staff (no nominations)
    7) Best Recognized Member/Former Staff (see rule #11) (THE LIST THE LIST THE LIST IT'S HERE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL READ THE LIST AND IF THEY ARE NOT ON THE LIST YOU CAN'T NOMINATE THEM FOR THIS ONE)
    8) Best Veteran (see rule #11)
    9) Best Regular (see rule #11)
    10) Best Newbie (see rule #11)
    11) Nicest Member
    12) Evilest Member
    13) Sexiest Male
    14) Sexiest Female
    15) Cutest Male
    16) Cutest Female
    17) Best Custom Rank
    18) Best Avatar
    19) Best Signature
    20) Best Artist
    21) Best Graphic Designer
    22) Best Writer
    23) Best Poet
    24) Best Poster
    25) Best Spammer
    26) Best Chatter
    27) Best Usernoter
    28) Funniest Member
    29) Weirdest Member
    30) Horniest Member
    31) Biggest Fanboy/girl
    32) Most Mysterious Member
    33) Most Improved Member
    34) Most Underrated Member
    35) Most Innocent Member
    36) Most Missed Member
    37) Most Helpful Gamer
    38) Most Helpful Techy
    39) Most Helpful Member
    40) Cutest Couple (see rule #13)

Most Likely To...

41) Become a Cid's Knight
    42) Get Banned
    43) Simply walk into Mordor
    44) Haunt the forums as a ghost after they die
    45) Win a Ciddie for the very first time (see rule #14) (past Ciddies winners)

46) Drown in the Sahara desert
    47) Run over a frog and spend the rest of their life crying over it
    48) Be Homer
    49) Be Marge
    50) Get Together (see rule #15)

And now for the fine print.

Rule #1 - You can nominate yourself for no more than two awards, excluding Cutest Couple.
    Rule #2 - You can nominate any one member for no more than five awards, excluding Cutest Couple.
    Rule #3 - Do not post your nominations - PM them.
    Rule #4 - PM nominations to Award Guy, not Loony BoB (or anyone else.)

Rule #5 - PM your nominations by the closing date.
    Rule #6 - Do not spam up the Ciddies Thread with self-advertising.
    Rule #7 - You can not nominate more than one person per award. If you do, I'll take the first one you've nominated.
    Rule #8 - You can't be nominated for avatar, custom rank and/or sig if you do not have an avatar, custom rank and/or sig - unless you remove them at some time during the Ciddies.
    Rule #9 - You can change your avatar, custom rank and/or sig during nominations and finals. This shouldn't cause any major issues, as you can only earn what awards you recieve, be the votes late or early, that's your problem.
    Rule #10 - Changes can be made once, and additions can be made however often you like. Please title any PM's with Changes as 'Nomination Changes' or 'Vote Changes', and the same for additions (only 'Additions' should replace 'Changes' in the title. Duh).
    Rule #11 - You can only be nominated/voted for one of the 'rank-categorized-awards'. Best Admin, Cid's Knight and Site Staff have automatic entry for all of the obvious included members. Recognized Members AND Former Staff will require nominations - these will be in the same group. All other members who registered between 1999 and May 31st 2005 are considered veterans, all other members who registered between June 1st 2005 and May 31st 2006 are considered regulars and all other members who registered June 1st 2006 and later are considered newbies.
    Rule #12 You can't nominate a male for any Ciddie with the word 'female' in it, and you can't nominate a female for any Ciddie with the word 'male' in it. If it doesn't have 'male' or 'female' in it, you can nominate a member of either gender.
    Rule #13 - People who are NOT currently couples shouldn't be voted as Cutest Couple - this is for people who ARE already couples.
    Rule #14 Nominations for Ciddie #45 must NOT be past Ciddies winners.
    Rule #15 - People who are currently couples shouldn't be voted as Most Likely To Get Together - this is for people who are NOT already couples. By 'Get Together', I mean 'Become A Couple'.
    Rule #16 - Marick can't nominate or vote

*deep breath*

Also - You don't have to make nominations for every award.
    Also - When nominating, please think not of overall, but purely of the last six months. In other words, if someone was really helpful one year ago, and they don't help much now, they shouldn't get that award. This is purely for the occurances of the last six months!
    Also - The Cutest Couple award does not count into the five nominations for another member of your choice, or your self-nominations.
    Also - All nominations are strictly confidential - the only other people with access to the Award Guy account are Loony BoB and Levian.
    In addition to that - You can not publically post your nominations or votes until after the final voting has occurred - a thread can be made for them a bit after the results are shown.
    Also - To be nominated into the second round for an award, a member must obtain two nominations in that award. However, should eight members all recieve three nominations, then the cut-off will be raised to three nominations, and the same for eight members recieving four nominations each, and so on. The only exception to this rule will be if only 1-3 members will be cut, meaning it's not worth the change.
    Also - I hold the right to reject any nominations/votes for any reason, most often this is that the member hasn't been active in the forums or chatroom in the past six months.
    Also - For a list of Recognized Members and Former Staff, click here.
    Also - For a list of past Ciddies winners, click here.
    Also - Award Guy, Election Booth and second accounts are only allowed to be voted for the MLT (Most Likely To...) and Profile (Custom Title, Avatar, Signature) Ciddies.
    Also - Banned members are only allowed to be voted for the Best Chatter and Most Missed Member Ciddies.
    Also - If a member belongs to more than one group (eg. Former Staff AND Site Staff) then they are eligible ONLY for the first of those groups to appear in the list. This covers Ciddies for Best Admin, Cid's Knight, Site Staff, Recognized Member/Former Staff, Veteran, Regular and Newbie.
    Also - Let's keep it fun GO! Nominate!

Nominations will close exactly one week after I made this post, or sometime after then when I feel like it (I like to keep it open if I know I can break a records - see below for those 8-)). Or if I'm not there then, it'll be when I next arrive.

Past Total Nominations
    December 2001: 1632 nominations
    June 2002: 1591 nominations from 61 members
    December 2002: 1635 nominations from 59 members
    June 2003: 1651 nominations from 55 members
    December 2003: 1837 nominations from 66 members
    June 2004: 1693 nominations from 60 members
    December 2004: 1973 nominations from 71 members
    June 2005: 2277 nominations from 76 members
    December 2005: 2394 nominations from 92 members
    June 2006: 2610 nominations from 106 members
    December 2006: 2733 nominations from 108 members (RECORD!)

Past Total Votes
    December 2001: 2817 votes
    June 2002: 2753 votes from 64 members
    December 2002: 2163 votes from 49 members
    June 2003: 3453 votes from 77 members
    December 2003: 3466 votes from 87 members
    June 2004: 3267 votes from 75 members
    December 2004: 3666 votes from 93 members
    June 2005: 4678 votes from 107 members
    December 2005: 4727 votes from 112 members
    June 2006: 5112 votes from 126 members
    December 2006: 5326 votes from 130 members (RECORD!)

The Ciddies are sponsored by Eyes on Final Fantasy, The Ciddies Committee, the Cookie Monster smiley and A Picture Of A Turkey Hitting A Dog.

Last edited by Queen Award, First of Her Name; 06-03-2007 at 09:03 PM.

WTF? Ciddies already?

Edit: Your Custom Title list is outdated. I haven't used "one smooth pimp" for a while now.

What is this thing you speak of? I am new to this concept.
    ~*Fizzgig*~

Yes, the custom rank list and list of members who've yet to win a ciddie is outdated, but will be fixed shortly!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

YEEEEEEEAAAAAH CIDDIES!!!! Ya just had to change the veteran cut off two months before I joined, didn't you? Now my low-self esteem has plummeted even further :\

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I thought this happened at like the end of June, or is it just whenever you feel like it within a given period of time?

............................................________
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:”........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``.................`\
    lol signature

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I wonder who'll win the most awards this time

Quote Originally Posted by Award Guy View Post
    Yes, the custom rank list and list of members who've yet to win a ciddie is outdated, but will be fixed shortly!
    What really sad is the only reason I noticed it is because I looked for Corncracker on the list and found it.

I love the Ciddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    I thought this happened at like the end of June, or is it just whenever you feel like it within a given period of time?
    They usually start very late May, but yes, they'll have to fit with the schedule, so give or take a few days.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    They usually start very late May, but yes, they'll have to fit with the schedule, so give or take a few days.
    Fair enough. They're always fun to follow regardless of when they occur.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

OMG I CAN'T WAIT

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I hope I’m doing this right!

65.756 Members...