Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone actually play this game on the NES?

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet View Post
    This game is older than you are, demondude55—if that’s your real name.
    What about it? You can still play and admire the older installments in the series, doesn't matter about your age.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I really like picking on demondude55, no matter what the circumstance. Why is that a problem for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet View Post
    I really like picking on demondude55, no matter what the circumstance. Why is that a problem for you?
    Lol, alright then, carry on.

On topic- I've never played this game on NES.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

It's bloody hard. I've only got around to playing it once on NES, though I've played it a few times on GBA. And I don't think there was a version for SNES...
    This is a signature.

Dispenser Of Sarcasm Queen Anthai's Avatar

I got it for Christmas in 1990...I remember that's all I did for the entire next month when I wasn't in school. Beat it in about a month. Not bad for a 10-year-old!

Nowadays I have it on NESter; I've actually been playing it for the past couple of weeks. I'm on average about Lv. 27 (Kn/Ni/WW/BW) and I just got my @$$ handed to me by a bunch of Sorcerers in the Temple Of Chaos...right after I got the Masamune. My WW died and I couldn't use EXIT.

Yes, in the moonlight she is even more beautiful...

LOL, I'm level 43 and have just done the class change, things are looking great. You all do know that FFII is better, right?

You all do know that FFII is better, right?
    Too big.

Articles
    Blog Entries

i started with VII, i think sometime after that I downloaded an NES emulator and played it on that. I was hooked, even though it seems mad dated I thought it was great considering its time.

After that a friend of mine actually found a copy of it for NES from a used game store, i used to borrow and play it on my NES but I think the memory chip doesn't work anymore or something.

I've beaten this on DoS, I liked it alot, my only complaint is it's too easy.

Me? a princess? HA!! Sarah Shirato's Avatar

I had a friend who played that game. But,I got into when FF6(when it was final fanasy III for super NES) and then got the remade verison along with the gameboy verison.
    :mog:
    I'm working on some projects that involes FF6.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

LOL, I'm level 43 and have just done the class change, things are looking great. You all do know that FFII is better, right?
    That level would be absolutely ridiculous on the NES version. I usually beat it in the low twenties, and they max out at fifty.

Quote Originally Posted by gothic_fantasy View Post
    Well, the title kind of states the obvious. Most people didn't know of FF until VII came into the scene. I, for one, didn't. Those that did know of FF were the ones that maybe played FFII and FFIII for the SNES. But did anyone here actually buy FF1 for their NES back in the 80's? Final Fantasy was non-existant in my country until VII. When I played it I still had my SNES back then and I looked everywhere for FF2 and 3 for the console but they were nowhere to be found and no one had heard of them either. I know a lot of people in this forum are from the US and the UK so I thought I'd find out cos that would be really cool, really experiencing the original.

P.S. by FFII and III I'm referring to the Western releases of IV and VI for the SNES. Just so no one gets confused ;-p
    Yes. I had the original for the NES, bought it not long after it came out......that and the Nintendo Power Strategy Guide...
    :mog: Have Complete: I,II,VII,VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII,Tactics :mog:

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VI & Final Fantasy Crisis Core

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yea, I got FFI for the NES. I had played Dragon Warrior and when I read about Final Fantasy, I had to have it. I lost the cartridge somewhere along the line, but I still have my NES console and some of my other games.

Yes, I have FF for NES! And it still works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi View Post
    ZORN: "We are opposed to reviving long-dead threads!"
    THORN: "Opposed to reviving--hey, you know what? I'm tired of this whole stupid shtick. I have no trouble talking in uninverted sentences, and while I have no idea about my partner here since we never even talk to each other outside of work, Thorn's not even my real name. It's Larry, and I quit."

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I bought it when it first came out. I remember it took me about three weeks to beat because it was such an in-depth and complicated game (compared to Dragon Warrior, the only other RPG out for the NES at the time).
    Figaro Castle

I ,ve played the rom and theDoS version