Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone actually play this game on the NES?

Moogle Did anyone actually play this game on the NES?

Well, the title kind of states the obvious. Most people didn't know of FF until VII came into the scene. I, for one, didn't. Those that did know of FF were the ones that maybe played FFII and FFIII for the SNES. But did anyone here actually buy FF1 for their NES back in the 80's? Final Fantasy was non-existant in my country until VII. When I played it I still had my SNES back then and I looked everywhere for FF2 and 3 for the console but they were nowhere to be found and no one had heard of them either. I know a lot of people in this forum are from the US and the UK so I thought I'd find out cos that would be really cool, really experiencing the original.

P.S. by FFII and III I'm referring to the Western releases of IV and VI for the SNES. Just so no one gets confused ;-p
    Too big.

I did. I remember first seeing it as a child. My aunt had it. But I didn't get to play it all the way through myself until About 10-11 years ago or so when I got a used copy. But yes, I own and played the original NES cart.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

FFI on th NES was my first FF. I own two copies. Anytime I play the game I refuse to play any version than the NES one, because it is superior.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I didn't. Have played the translated FFIII(J) on an emulator.

It sounds shallow but I must admit I love shiny new sprites, three-dees and musics.

That is so cool. I find the original old Final Fantasys are like good old music, you never get tired of them and they are timeless.

It sounds shallow but I must admit I love shiny new sprites, three-dees and musics.
    I agree with you there but there's just something about playing the originals that totally rocks. To be honest I couldn't be bothered with all these remakes. But everyone has their preferences, I know a lot of people who love the new Final Fantasys but wouldn't be seen dead playing the old ones.
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    FFI on th NES was my first FF. I own two copies. Anytime I play the game I refuse to play any version than the NES one, because it is superior.

Banned

I discovered Final Fantasy back in 2001, when a friend of mine insisted on my trying FF9 out.
    I was amazed, and since then I played it everyday, bla-bla-bla.

I have a natural need to seek the "roots" of exactly anything, so of course I wanted to find the first games in the series.
    I was hooked by them as well.

I think the Final Fantasy series is better than sex the best RPG series ever.
    Dragon Quest is a close runner-up, though.

Yep. FF1 on the NES had me addicted. Even borrowed my cousin's Nintendo Power strategy guide at the time. There was a group of about a half-dozen of us who got heavily into it.

And yes, the NES was my first gaming platform. FF was probably the third game I ever finished, next to Metroid and Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest (both on the NES).

Also had the first Dragon Warrior (now Dragon Quest). I also borrowed Dragon Warrior 4 (which I probably enjoyed more than FF at the time).
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    I'd say I was jealous, but the fact is that I can't even find a PAL convertor to play a copy on my own NES, thus chances are I may never get to. Unless I move to America or something.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Where's Unne? :c/

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20
    I have a natural need to seek the "roots" of exactly anything, so of course I wanted to find the first games in the series.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have played it, although it was not my first FF (which was IV). Although certainly ahead of its time, the PlayStation version is still the most superior version.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've never played FFI in my life, and I didn't know anything about the series until my uncle bought FFVII and FFVIII five years ago.

Now I'm going to leave you all with this post and never ever look in the FFI section again, so I don't have to hear read stuff I don't want to.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I played it on the snes it's really old though it freezes some times

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

This game is older than you are, demondude55—if that’s your real name.