Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: We hate tidus

Banned
    Blog Entries

I never jumped on the bandwagon i've always hated him

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I'm not about to stop hating Tidus for the sake of getting off the bandwagon. I don't care if Tidus-hating is a bandwagon, I like it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    I'm not about to stop hating Tidus for the sake of getting off the bandwagon. I don't care if Tidus-hating is a bandwagon, I like it.
    Yey let's make a tidus haters club if you wanna join pm me

Good grief, do you people ever stop.

omg i ttly hate tidus he cuz he whines all the time and looks like meg ryan lol

If were you going about your everyday life (be it that of a pro sports star and in the middle of the game, a regular joe going to his/her office job, a student, or whatever you happened to be) and suddenly had this big super-whale/walrus monster come and destroy everyone, and everything you knew, teleported you to what you thought was 1000 years into the future, and wind up in a cold, abandoned ruin, only to get attacked by some retarded monster that was running around the walls, and then get kidnapped and taken prisoners by a bunch of punks who spoke a different language, you'd be pretty pissed off too.

And good for him if he managed to score a hottie and save the world while he was at it. At least he had the confidence to do so.
    Last edited by crazybayman; 05-31-2007 at 02:40 PM.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crazybayman View Post

If were you going about your everyday life (be it that of a pro sports star and in the middle of the game, a regular joe going to his/her office job, a student, or whatever you happened to be) and suddenly had this big super-whale/walrus monster come and destroy everyone, and everything you knew, teleported you to what you thought was 1000 years into the future, and wind up in a cold, abandoned ruin, only to get attacked by some retarded monster that was running around the walls, and then get kidnapped and taken prisoners by a bunch of punks who spoke a different language, you'd be pretty pissed off too.

And good for him if he managed to score a hottie and save the world while he was at it. At least he had the confidence to do so.
    QFT

At least he wasn't depressing to play (unlike Cloud and Squall). I've noticed most people who hate Tidus like those two, which suggests they have a certain mentality.
    This is a signature.

Courtesy doesn't cost anything whatever the situation. And he wouldn't have been POd the entire pilgramige - he was supposed to be in lurrrve. Also I don't like Squall much, Cloud is alright.

I simply don't like Tidus.

(Not gonna join the club - thanks for the offer tho.)

I LOVE BELTO MAXON!!!

Anyway, I'll just copy paste what I said in another thread aaaaages ago...

Auron isn't old, we are just used to teenagers saving the world.

I dislike Tidus purely because he is unneccesarily rude and disrespectful. And the voice actor annoys me. I don't mind him getting upset over Jecht, that's perfectly understandable. Jecht is even worse than Tidus is! I just don't like the way Tidus talks to people, the way he runs on the spot at the most innapropriate moments...argh, he just annoys me. I don't hate him...I just don't like him. Love the game though.
    So basically, a rude spoilt little brat who doesn't mature, he just voicovers himself in a slightly deeper voice.

Take that Tidus.:kaofight:

No cookie for you.
    I think thats one of the better posts I've ever seen as to why people may not like him I don't like him much, but then I don't hate him much either. He annoys me, but he's a vital part of the game and changing the way Tidus was portrayed would change the game, possibly for the worse. To those who hate him, go get a grip, crying over spilt milk and all that jazz, we've heard it all before, repeatedly, etc. The least you could do is try to argue your position with some degree of finesse like scrumpleberry did.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Okay i'll give it a go

I suppose one of the reasons i didn't like tidus much was that the other characters out shone him you had a summoner a brilliant blitzball player a kickass guy with a big sword that knows a lot about the past a kind of gothic type person who is cold to everyone else and a huge character who is different species to the others making him unique but one of the problems with tidus is that he's to plain you have all these amazing people and a boy who acts like a rookie for half the game.

Something else too is that people are used to having characters in final fantasy that know whats going on and act powerfull at the beginning but tidus comes from a different period of time and apart from auron he dose'nt know any other characters which makes the other characters explain everything and take care of tidus but people who are used to playing rpgs like the main characters to be in controll all the time.

Another difference is that characters like squall and cloud are emos who are hard to interact with and the connections with them to the player are scarce but tidus can make connections with the player he's new and you're new but once again people who have played other rpgs aren't used to such a connection with the main character.

That's the most neutral review i can come up with anyway

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Can't say i ever really made a 'connection' with any FF character tbh DD. But i agree with every character in FFX out shining Tidus. Because not only is he a whiney girl but everyone else being so cool just makes him seem worse

I'll be honest, i never really took to any of the main characters in any FF. I always found favorites elsewhere. But they were more interesting with dealing with there problems (emo maybe, i don't know but cooler) Tidus whinges like you would expect a six year old to. Example:

Auron: "It is. Sin is Jecht."

Tidus: "No! That's ridiculous! No way! I don't believe you! wha wha wha wheres my dummy its not fair"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Gouken View Post
    Tidus: "No! That's ridiculous! No way! I don't believe you!
    I'm pretty sure most would react in a similar fashion, when finding out that your father is the one who was responsible for everything that had transpired.
    Last edited by crazybayman; 05-31-2007 at 07:55 PM.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Gouken View Post
    Tidus: "No! That's ridiculous! No way! I don't believe you!
    I'm pretty sure most would react in a similar fashion, when finding out that your father is the one who was responsible for everything that had transpired.
    My reaction:

wtf... oh right

notice the lack of throwin a paddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by demondude55 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Tidus make me cry
    Tidus is my man

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demondude55 View Post
    Tidus make me cry
    Tidus is my man
    I don't know what's worse the fact that you twisted my words

or the fact that you just called me gay

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x View Post
    i'm sick and tired of these threads, u can't think of something intelligent to say urself so u jump on the band wagon and dis tidus. personally i dont think the role tidus played wouldn't have been done well by any other kind of character.

start the revolution! support tidus!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firo Volondé View Post

QFT

At least he wasn't depressing to play (unlike Cloud and Squall). I've noticed most people who hate Tidus like those two, which suggests they have a certain mentality.

These guys make sense. So, first of all, I'm for the Tidus revolution. Viva, ma brotha...... viva! Second, there's nothing any of you can do, there's no point in bi***ing about it because Square doesn't care about what you think. Whine all you like, it's not gonna change the fact that Tidus is a character in the game. So take a page outta me and ma boys' books and just accept it. Third, I like Cloud and Squall and Tidus and i'm not depressing or retarded but, I do agree that they are depressing. Oh, and Belto Maxson will be heard.

Well, we're hardly going to march into the squenix office and go

"HAY GUYS WE WANT A NEW FF10 WITH NO MAIN CHARA LOL TAKE TIDUS OUT LOL PUT SQUALL AND KLAUD IN LOL OR MAKE AURON THE MAIN!!!!111!11!"

but there's nothing wrong with expressing your opinion on a Final Fantasy forum if you are bored.