Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: We hate tidus

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Gouken View Post
    i read the first line of your post.... then i imated a mouth yapping with my hand and said "yap yap yap yap yap" lol jokin... exept i really did that
    I read the first word of your post and imitated a mouth yapping with my hand and said "Yap Yap Yap Yap".

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Gouken View Post
    i read the first line of your post.... then i imated a mouth yapping with my hand and said "yap yap yap yap yap" lol jokin... exept i really did that
    I read the first word of your post and imitated a mouth yapping with my hand and said "Yap Yap Yap Yap".
    well i guess that told me
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Racism is frowned upon, Shin. Dream Zanarkandians deserve respect just like everybody else.
    It is good that you feel this way, and it shows what a wonderful person you are

BUT DREAM ZANARKARDIANS DON'T ACTUALLY EXIST.

Tomfool.
    No s**t, we are talking about a videogame here, are we not?

read the name of the thread and think what you are going to write........then stop and think how childish you are....... AND DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE PLEASE........

Default more hate

Yeah, anyway, I'm playing FFX for the first time and rather than start yet another Tidus thread I'll just slip my thoughts in here...

I started out the game a bit indifferent, but then really got into the characters and the story, as well as the gameplay, which while being quite different-feeling than what I have come to expect from the FF series, has been an otherwise excellent RPG experience.

I was digging Tidus for a time--he brought to mind Bartz from FFV, with his father being a "Light Warrior" with Galuf (who = Auron)--and as an uber-popular jock-celebrity, being thrust into an adventure where he would "get put in his place" by the trials and tribulations of an epic journey, even as he matured from the jerkoff jock-celeb into a man of responsibility was a really appealing storyline...HOWEVER,

I have never seen a character regress over the course of a "fantasy-adventure" as much as Tidus, nor have I ever turned on a character as much as him. I'm expecting Lebron James or Wayne Rooney maturing into The Highlander or something. Instead he doesn't mature one bit...rather, I think it can be argued that he acts more like the crybaby child his father repeatedly put down as the game wears on. When he finds out that Yuna's victory over Sin will kill her, the screaming was so pathetic that the first word that came to my mind was "castrated."

I think what they were shooting for was to make him become more bold and "cavalier" as he became more attached and comfortable with his companions. But contrasted with the more mature party members who have, for the most part, adult or young adult personalities, a Zidane-like "Let's go get 'em" becomes Tidus's "OMG I WON'T LET YUNA DIE, I WON'T!!!! (while stomping and kicking and flailing his arms--seriously)"

And I defy anyone who says that that is the only personality that would make the Tidus character work in the story. I think my earlier expectations of a confident, cocky young jock, being disabused of his superiority, and then maturing into a "knight" works just as well--and makes a far better story, particularly if you have to control said character.

After the first 30 or so hours of the game, I was thinking that while the FF-ness was questionable in some ways (sorta "Super Mario Brothers 2" fashion), this was as good a *game* as any in the series. Now I hate it--Tidus single-handedly ruined the game for me.

Considering I've decided I've put in too many hours to just give up, I hope the ending is at least worthwhile. :/

PLEASE stop awnsering these threads.......you are all wasting your time.... ( we should ban all these "Tidus is this, Tidus is that" kind of threads.... ) Its stupid and no ones buissness.....There is no need to publicise why you hate a character in a game...... its Absured that there is even any more of these threads........DO SOMETHING Constructive, AND BAN THESE KINDS OF THREADS

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Do something constructive and learn better grammar, Sir.
    Until then, please refrain from speaking your mind about how stupid something is, this is all in good fun, don't be so serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Yeah, anyway, I'm playing FFX for the first time and rather than start yet another Tidus thread I'll just slip my thoughts in here...

I started out the game a bit indifferent, but then really got into the characters and the story, as well as the gameplay, which while being quite different-feeling than what I have come to expect from the FF series, has been an otherwise excellent RPG experience.

I was digging Tidus for a time--he brought to mind Bartz from FFV, with his father being a "Light Warrior" with Galuf (who = Auron)--and as an uber-popular jock-celebrity, being thrust into an adventure where he would "get put in his place" by the trials and tribulations of an epic journey, even as he matured from the jerkoff jock-celeb into a man of responsibility was a really appealing storyline...HOWEVER,

I have never seen a character regress over the course of a "fantasy-adventure" as much as Tidus, nor have I ever turned on a character as much as him. I'm expecting Lebron James or Wayne Rooney maturing into The Highlander or something. Instead he doesn't mature one bit...rather, I think it can be argued that he acts more like the crybaby child his father repeatedly put down as the game wears on. When he finds out that Yuna's victory over Sin will kill her, the screaming was so pathetic that the first word that came to my mind was "castrated."

I think what they were shooting for was to make him become more bold and "cavalier" as he became more attached and comfortable with his companions. But contrasted with the more mature party members who have, for the most part, adult or young adult personalities, a Zidane-like "Let's go get 'em" becomes Tidus's "OMG I WON'T LET YUNA DIE, I WON'T!!!! (while stomping and kicking and flailing his arms--seriously)"

And I defy anyone who says that that is the only personality that would make the Tidus character work in the story. I think my earlier expectations of a confident, cocky young jock, being disabused of his superiority, and then maturing into a "knight" works just as well--and makes a far better story, particularly if you have to control said character.

After the first 30 or so hours of the game, I was thinking that while the FF-ness was questionable in some ways (sorta "Super Mario Brothers 2" fashion), this was as good a *game* as any in the series. Now I hate it--Tidus single-handedly ruined the game for me.

Considering I've decided I've put in too many hours to just give up, I hope the ending is at least worthwhile. :/

This brought a tear to my eye. It saddens me how Tidus can ruin what should otherwise be a wonderful experience. I myself blocked most of Tidus's scenes from my memory immedietly as the happened... i would not let me ruin it for me. I feel for you my friend

And yojimbosoul... I guess we should only make threads about the characters we love. But i personally prefer to discuss the characters i hate, because usually my hatred for characters is far stronger then my love of characters
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

So... you hate Tidus because he wears his heart on his sleeve? And here I was, thinking Shin Gouken's reasoning was pathetic.
    This is a signature.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Bah! Ender and Shin obviously never have been in love. Love makes the mightiest Samurai cry like a baby
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

I only like Tidus for one thing. In that match against the Luca Goers he scored using a normal shot in the first 30 seconds. It was awesome. Then I scored with A jecht shot as well. In the end it was 2-1 to me. Apart from that Tidus is stinky.

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    Bah! Ender and Shin obviously never have been in love. Love makes the mightiest Samurai cry like a baby
    i have been in love and cried like a baby thank you... but im still

Firo Volondé, my reasons are perfectly valid

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    I only like Tidus for one thing. In that match against the Luca Goers he scored using a normal shot in the first 30 seconds. It was awesome. Then I scored with A jecht shot as well. In the end it was 2-1 to me. Apart from that Tidus is stinky.
    7-0 for me! I'm the king of [strike]zball![/strike] Blitzball!

On topic...i hate Tidus he completely screwed the whole game for me and i agree with everything Ender has to say on the matter...afterall the guy is a selfish moron who must this the game/story is ALL about him case and point:

"This is my story"

What the smurf!? What about people risking thier necks just trying to keep you alive AND get you home you retard!

I mean seriously i've never seen or heard of a character so pathetic in a game in my entire life! I mean the story is meant to be a sociaety repressed by an almost invincible being known only to be able to be harmed by the power of a "Final Aeon"!! Not some high school american football jock who thinks he can whine his way to a leading role and main plot point! I mean Tidus being a dream of the fayth has goto be be one of the lamest Deus Ex Machina i've EVER encountered! It's like the very character and plot twist were a quickly bolted and rushed on extension in order to make it more friendly for the American market! Is there any REAL reason in order to have his character be like that? Like Ender said the story would of worked just as well if not better with a character with at least some semblance of character, personality and intelligence! I would of enjoyed it tenfold and i'm sure many others would of too, if it wasnt for that Meg Ryan lookalike (and funnily nough act alike) and his pathetic antics...

Nanerpuss n-n-nanerpuss Reeno the Alchemist's Avatar

i guess im a rebel then cause i like tidus ;-; i hope all you tidus haters die in some random circles T^T
    Who needs a signature I DON'T >(

I have Dissidia, be jealous!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by yojimbosoul View Post
    PLEASE stop awnsering these threads.......you are all wasting your time.... ( we should ban all these "Tidus is this, Tidus is that" kind of threads.... ) Its stupid and no ones buissness.....There is no need to publicise why you hate a character in a game...... its Absured that there is even any more of these threads........DO SOMETHING Constructive, AND BAN THESE KINDS OF THREADS

Dude, I agree with you in the sense that it is pointless to bi*** about the character, but it's everyones right as a human being to have their own opinion about something. I don't like all of this whining everyone is doing about one of the games that is a part of our unique little "world" we have here (or one of it's characters), but trying to convince people stop these posts indefinitely is just dumb. If God can't mess with free will, why the hell are you trying to? You may think that this post conflicts with my earlier posts on this subject, but I am telling you now, those post were not meant to stop or change anybody.