Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New FFV challange

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Omega is impossible

If you begin the battle with hermes sandels (the only way to get haste for alot of classes) he still gets first attack and opens with Blaster to kill you instantly

If you wear a Wall ring you have to figure out a way to haste because your doomed without it. That leaves just a Time mage and Chemist, neither of which stand much ground against him.

A ninja can get first strike then use the magic lamp for carbuncle, but Fuma shurikens for only 2000 HP dmg woah mann

Then there is his counter attacks Encircle.... nuff said. Missiles and Mustard bombs inflict gravity damage so who cares about how much HP or defense you have!

Also his beam cannon causes lasting drain damage.... if your hit with Mealstrom your HP drains to 0HP before you can do a thing. Effectively, Mealstrom is an instant death attack which can't be defended against with reflect/bonemail/ribbon etc

There are two things i can think of left to try. How much MP does he have, and how many elixers/turns would it take to wait him out? Or try zapping his MP if i can. Otherwise, i know he can have the Stop status inflicted on him which can remove his ability to counter attack. Question is, how do you stop him? The spell Stop failed several times when i cast it. Is there a Mix combo or Blue magic spell or something.

My last hope for victory lies with a Time mage. Haste on self, heal for 20 turns until an opening to attack arises again.... cast Regan to hopefully counter his Beam cannon - Mealstrom combo. And cast Stop before using Bolt rods. Even if that could work i will need 99elixers, to max my level and master all my jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't remember the name of the Mix, I think it was Dragon Force or Dragon Defense, but it makes your character a 'boss' type monster and they become immune to instant kills. It can defend against Encircle as well (which is like the cheapest enemy attack in the game...).

If you are restricting the classes to their native abilities, then I could see how this would be a problem. I think the Chemist is the best way to go, since they are the most powerful class in the game. Use Gamefaqs and come up with some good Mixes!

The chemist has indeed managed to survive the most turns against Omega but it makes no difference. No ammount of Def increases or element resists you put on your character, Gravity magic just can't be survived.

I wear the Reflect ring, and sometimes i get lucky and reflect his first attack. Then immedietly consume the speed shake for haste effect. Then wave cannon is used by Omega for a few turns and i mix an X-potion to heal every turn. As soon as he uses an attack which reflects (Atomic ray, Blaster and Delta attack) or an earthquake (which misses with float cast before the battle) i have an opening to Mix.

Dragon power raises my level by 20 levels (man i bet if i was level 99 and used that then goblin punch that'd hurt him )

Dragon shield resists elements (just bolt, ice and fire i think)

Dragon armour raises your Def and Mag Def

Life shield prevents instant death attacks BUT Mealstrom is STILL instant death! it leaves you with 1-9 HP which drains in just a second. Even regan cast with my time mage didn't counter it... you still have to wait for your turn to get HP back.

A chemists attacks (with plus 20 levels) aren't anything spectacular. Shadowflare only hit for a little over 1000 HP. Dragon breath healed him 6000 HP. And Dark breath was that bit better hitting for 3224 HP.

My Ranger with the chicken knife can hit for just over 15000 HP with Rapid fire.... I could try that a few hundred times until i get lucky enough not to see encircle or survive those counters

Its impossible to survive those counter attacks though. Even if you dont see encircle! Missiles take half your HP... two of them means the Mustard bomb kills you. If he uses his mustard bomb first and then uses his Missiles, you are left confused and kill yourself. Only two classes can survive confusion from what i can see but both cannot touch omega. Knight and Mystic knight can wear Genji armour which protects from confusion. But they are either without haste or reflect. and omegas evasion makes him almost completley untouchable.

Also ive noticed.... physical attacks inflict o HP dmg regardless of how strong they are. Chicken knife hits for 0 HP if used normally or with the jump command. But hits for 3800 HP with each hit with Rapid fire. Legendary weapons are all that can hurt him i think.

Im not giving up yet. I'm wont give up until im absolutley certain he can't be done. I'm hoping i've overlooked something or will get a brainwave and discover something ive missed etc. Or just hope to get incredabley lucky
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

oooooo you can mix something which HALVES Omegas defense

Too bad that means when his Delta attack reflects it actually inflicts a little bit of damage and the cheeky will counter attack me even though he hit himself

I tried a number of ways to Zap his MP using Mix which all failed.

I am seriously struggling here. What i need is a way to use haste and reflect, wear the genji armour, and be able to inflict as much damage as possible in as few turns as possible. There is no such combination.

I did contemplate using a chemist to halve his defense and then mix reincarnation to revive another character. Then immedietly kill the chemist and continue battling with a ranger with rapid fire. And although this isnt technically against the rules (read the first post) i still feel like its bending them

Also how do you aquire the cannoneer and necromancer etc. I shouldnt be using them really, but if it makes him possible i would be prepared to do that.

If worst comes to worst i will beserk him I know nobody wants that but i just cant go defeat X-death while he still lives anymore ideas or suggestions are welcome

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You get the GBA exclusive jobs by going to the whirlpool that opened up south of the Mirage Village. The Necromancer you get after defeating a certain bonus boss, though.

EnigmaGamer posted these little strategies:

He has a 95% Evasion rate, so you'll need to use stuff that ignores evasion.(Rapid Fire, him being Under the Stop status)

And to avoid being confused/encircled/mustard bombed, you have to be under Reflect then wait for him to Reflect Search off of you then attack. A Reflected Search will make his counters go to him instead of your party until his next turn.

Also, Mix Dragon Fang and Maiden's Kiss to be immune to Maelstorm. All of his attacks except for Wave Cannon have countermeasures.
    And Wave Cannon only deals 50% of your maximum HP, if I remember correctly. I don't believe it can kill you at maximum HP. Keep trying, I know you can do it!

i just learned how to make his counters hit himself by watching a level one frog beat him on youtube but thank you... that will be the key to beating him!

also i found out how you can completley disable his encircle and mealstrom entirely. The mixing chart on gamefaqs notes a mix called "dragons kiss" but it says "???" under affect. During the level one frog battle i noticed him use this on Omega. After some test runs it appears he never uses them i don't know quite how the Mix works exactly but it definitly prevents him from using both encircle and mealstrom.

That gives me the tools i need to beat him so will plan a strategy

Also little notes i discovered. Apollos harp seems to hit with perfect accuracy. And using Masamune as an item casts haste. Cant believe i didnt know that

There are still a few things that need tweaking in my strat but things are looking very hopeful.

Dark breath was inflicting 3224 HP dmg in my previous runs.... now it is hitting for less than 50 HP :s Which means im solely relying on Dark flare for damage. It only inflicts 1000 HP ish but if i get lucky Omega uses a mustard bomb on himself for another 1000 HP.

BUT i attempted another Dark breath when i only had one dark matter left, and it hit for over 7000 HP dmg. Im REALLY confused. Is the damage for this mix random???

Anyway i need to stock up on dragon fangs, Dark matters, potions and ethers for this battle. Potions and ethers mix to create an X-potion (prefered over elixers... i may need them for X-death) I have ten of each dragon fangs and Dark matters which is ten hits.... but i need dragon fangs for dragons kiss and dragon armour too.

I can find dragon fangs, buy potions and ethers, but what about dark matters? Is there even a replenishable supply in the game?

Zombie dragon.... steal elixers.... drop dragon fangs thank you gamefaqs

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah, yep, that would be EnigmaGamer's video. xD

The Dragon's Kiss makes the target a 'dragon' type enemy, but I'm not sure how that prevents Encircle either. I'll try to check out those videos and see if there's an explanation.

I asked him. He said he uses it on Omega to make him a dragon so that his Harp would inflict more damage. He uses it on himself to make Omegas missiles, mealstrom and encircle all fail

It's an amazing Mix. With it ive been able to survive a full 30minutes against Omega.

My main problem is, he can heal himself with Atomic ray which reflects off me. And after a search attack he hits himself with burn ray healing again. I attempted using Dragon shield in hope of making fire do 0HP dmg instead of healing him but it didnt work. I just have to keep the damage coming as much as i can

Ive been hunting Dark matters and turtle shells all day and now have 99 of each. As well as 99 maidens kisses, 99 potions and 99 ethers.

What im going to do now (about to try again) is to use split shell on him 6-7 times to dramatically reduce his defense. This doesn't allow Dark flare to inflict anymore damage but the drain attack (maidens kiss + turtle shell) can increase to do more damage than shadow flare as well as heal me. Also i can gain an extra 500 HP on him whenever he reflects Delta attack on himself. It forces him to counter but i can survive a mustard bomb and wave cannon so i just have to wait until he attacks before i do. Wish me luck.... im hoping this will be my last attempt

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

so if you had a bunch of those dragon lances and used it you could own any monster that succumbed to dragon kiss?

ladies and gentlemen.....

OMEGA HAS JUST BEEN SLAIN BY A SINGLE CHARACTER AS A CHEMIST!!!

I can't believe it myself I used almost 50 ethers and potions, 30 maidens kisses, 40 turtle shells, and 12 dark matters. Plus some antidotes, dragon fangs a speed shake and a giant drink

His first attack is always a reflectable one giving me a chance to use a speed shake. The when he uses beam cannon (always his second attack) I use a giant drink to give me double HP which also heals me a few thousand. His next attack is usually a reflectable one, or earthquake or rainbow wind, and i cast Dragon kiss to make myself immune to maelstrom, missile and encircle. Beam cannon appears once every other turn so every other turn i mix an X-potion. Occasionally he will use beam cannon twice in a row so i just x-potion again. between beam cannons i get up Dragon shield (resist elements), Dragon power (raise level by 20) and start using Split shell which reduces his defense by half.... i cast this at least ten times.

there appears to be an exact pattern for his attacks.... something like:

Delta/blaster
    Beam cannon
    atomic ray/burn ray/rainbow wind/mealstrom/earthquake
    Beam cannon
    atomic ray/burn ray/rainbow wind/mealstrom/earthquake
    Beam cannon
    Delta/blaster
    Beam cannon
    Beam cannon
    Search
    Atomic ray/burn ray/rainbow wind/maelstrom/earthquake
    Beam cannon

Its safe to attack him at any point exept when he has the chance to cast Delta attack. He inflicts upto 500 HP on himself and counters you afterwards. If you receive a mustard bomb from attacking him, and then another mustard bomb from attacking himself, there is a high chance Beam cannon will finish you.... i learned the hard way :P

Basically i healed when beam cannon was used, and always waited for him to attack first to make sure Delta was not used. If Delta was used that didnt always mean a mustard bomb followed so attacked a few times there too. I started with Dark flares but the drain type mix (turtle shell + maidens kiss) inflicted more damage so switched to that.

It was difficult because one wrong move meant game over. If i attack when im not full HP i get killed. But most of his attacks couldnt hurt me. Only mustard bomb and beam cannon were the deadly ones. The hardest part was trying to inflict the damage as fast as possible because otherwise he heals himself.

Zeromus i really want to thank you for your help. I wouldn't have beaten him without you. And also thanks to enigma gamer who gave me the key to this battle. Without him it would not have been possible.

So really i can take credit for 33.3% of this battle and the rest goes to zeromus and eigma gamer haha thanks guys

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Heheh, no problem. I like when people try doing these things. Now go slay Exdeath! I think a Mystic Knight would make the battle easier since one of his pieces is vulnerable to Break. But he should be cake compared to Omega and Shinryu.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    so if you had a bunch of those dragon lances and used it you could own any monster that succumbed to dragon kiss?
    I believe that would work.

i will try X-death tomorrow lol

I don't think a mystic knight will work. He has to waste a turn casting his spell first

At the moment i think a samurai with the aegis shield and winged shoes using zeninage. The mirage vest constantly refreshed by switching from masamune to strato will probabley be a life saver against vacwave

or a chemist again. i wonder if dragon status would help survive alot of the affects of grandcross?

either way im sure he won't be as difficult as omega refreshing my magic lamp will help

And the deafeat of X-death concludes my challenge

he was a joke... i was over levelled. I should have defeated him before shinryu and omega really but nevermind. A bit of an anti-climactic end to an otherwise fantastic challenge

I used a samurai. Wore a fire ring incase i saw firaga or blizzaga but i didnt. Used masamune for haste. Then zeninage repeatedly. Aegis shield blocked a number of physical attacks including one vacwave and one algemiest (or w/e) Took a couple of physical hits damage and one flare. If id of used my magic lamp which was set up for carbuncle and golem then he wouldnt have touched me. I did this practically in my sleep.... was 7am which is far far too early for me

I really hope people enjoyed following this challenge as much as i did playing it. It truly was very enjoyable

Im going to level a whole party now and play with the new job classes and see what some of the new bosses are about