Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New FFV challange

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Default New FFV challange

I have decided my new FFV challenge will be another single player challenge. Only this time i want to do it without mixing job abilities.

The rules will be:

Chosen character cannot make any action in battle until other existing characters are KO'd (unless that action is a direct attack on another character)

Other characters must never make an action unless that action is a direct attack on themselves.

Therefor no enemy can be attacked unless only one character remains.

Additional abilities can only be added if they are of the same class as the currently eqquiped class (example: Black magic cannot be equipped on anything other than a black mage. Doublegrip can ONLY be eqquipped to a knight)

There are no restrictions on weapons, armours and relics (exept for the class restrictions already placed)

I am buying FFVA this weekend (providing i can find a copy) I don't plan to play through it first (ive never played FFVA) So if someone could please provide as much information on the new job classes as possible i would be grateful (where to find them, how to get them, when you get them, what they can/can't equip, advantages/disadvantages, effects on your stats and abilities they can learn)

I'm also buying FFIII and may find myself playing it first tbh but it won't be long before this challenge kicks off i promise
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Banned
    Blog Entries

Go for it!

Im at the final boss on FFIII and my copy of FFV:Advance should arrive midweek. I'll probabley begin as soon as i get it. Ive already given this challenge alot of thought and think i can complete it. But i wont get ahead of myself. Actually my only worries are Omega and shinryu :/
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Blog Entries

Are you allowed to use the bare classes? Since the bare classes automatically gains some of the other classes abilities, and wield all equipments etc. They wouldn't be able to use any special abilities, such as White Magic and X-Fight though... but I still guess the bare classes could be potentially very powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    Are you allowed to use the bare classes? Since the bare classes automatically gains some of the other classes abilities, and wield all equipments etc. They wouldn't be able to use any special abilities, such as White Magic and X-Fight though... but I still guess the bare classes could be potentially very powerful.
    I don't think i have plans to use the bare class (as ive given thought to strategies for all the bosses already) however im reluctant to rule it out completley because afterall it has disadvantages as well as advantages.

After some more planning and thought im not afraid of shinryu anymore... i think he will be possible although very difficult.

good luck

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

You say this is your first playthrough? I think it would be better to play the game seriously before doing this...

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by darksword12 View Post
    You say this is your first playthrough? I think it would be better to play the game seriously before doing this...
    no, im sorry if i didn't make it very clear. Ive played and completed FFV many many times and successfully completed a single player challenge already. This is going to be my first time playing FFV:ADVANCE. So will only be unfamiliar with the new job classes.

So what happens if your chosen character is temporarily out of the party? Will you choose another character or play normally?

Good question. The rules are that my chosen character cannot attack while other characters are still alive (unless he is attacking them) My chosen character can change at any time. So long as each battle is fought with only one character it doesn't matter which character that is.

It's nessessary to level up Galuf for his one-on-one with Gilgamesh. Also Minotauras and Omniscient both have to be fought simultaneously so i need a second character levelled.

EDIT: Bad news.My copy of FFV:Advance finally arrived today but it was eaten! That's not a joke my dog actually ate FFV:Advance!! Do not fear, i have ordered another copy and it should be here by Monday
    Last edited by Shin Gouken; 06-20-2007 at 10:56 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Gouken
    EDIT: Bad news.My copy of FFV:Advance finally arrived today but it was eaten! That's not a joke my dog actually ate FFV:Advance!! Do not fear, i have ordered another copy and it should be here by Monday.
    LOL! That's ever so funny, my laddie! As for the challenge, here I go!

It has arrived and so the challenge begins *cue dramatic music*

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Good luck with the harder sub-quest bosses ^_^

i doubt i will be fighting the new omega, neo shinryu and enue. I have never fought them before... my chances of victory would be zero

After the initial goblin fights i head straight for the recovery spring in the pirates cave and start leveling. Bartz kills Galuf and reina (ooooo she's lenna now lol) I get rather lucky here because in the battles directly after using the spring (where i have to kill Galuf and Lenna) i get pre-emptive strikes.

The enemies i fight here are Steel bats (dealing 4hp damage from front row and 2hp damage from back row, and 0hp with blood suck) and Devil crabs (dealing 3hp with pincer) It's easy to gain a few levels here (Im receiving between 14EXP to 25EXP, and picking up 40gil to 60gil per battle). I get my first back attack at level 7 where i have a hp of 129 so easily survive. I get to level 8 before moving on.

I pick up the leather cap which reduced the damage i received from stropers from 6hp to 4hp.

I made a save exactly 30minutes into the game and did the pirate scene... anyone notice that every single pirate has an eye patch?

I made a detour to Tule to pick up the items and buy potions ( i opted for 8) and headed for the Windshrine. Got my 5 free potions, fought two easily won battles and confronted Wingraptor.

Wingraptor: I used a number of potions here because he insisted on using windslash every turn he had. But he went down rather easily as you'd expect with him being the first boss

Was back attacked by some magey looking fellas who cast Fire and Blizzard on me (50 damage a shot is was nearly the end of me!) but i survived and made for the crystal room gaining my first set of jobs.

Im going to level a knight i first ive decided... the sooner i learn doublegrip the better. Leveling in the Torna canal should be easy... the monsters don't attack males so the enemies are basically free kills

I hope the mods will overlook double posting in this thread because i plan to update it very often

Believe it or not this is one of my most hated bosses in a single player challenge. Karl boss is a boss that can only be won by luck.
    I fought over 50battles in the torna canal, gaining between 1 and 2 ABP per battle. I learned cover, gaurd and two-handed with my knight, and store, bare-handed and chakra when i changed to a monk. Im level 17 (one level below the level i beat Karl boss on my other challenge) It is nessessary to be this level to be able to kill this boss in two hits.
    Last time in my single player challenge i could mix job abilities. I made a Thief with Bare-handed. That gave me first attack so i needed to survive an attack and hit him again.

The problem is, Karl bosses first attack always paralyses you, his second attack puts you on instant critical HP and his third kills you. You stay paralysed for one turn but your time bar resets after so Karl boss has two free hits after a paralyse attack.

This time i cant use a thief for first attack because a thief would need several turns to deal enough damage to kill him. I can only use a monk and hope i don't get paralysed

I was killed 5times before my luck came in. His first attack was a normal attack and i countered it, my next attack killed him.

Im now in the ship graveyard clearing random battles with the Monks kick ability