Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show Off Your Sig Topic!

Default Show Off Your Sig Topic!

Hey everyone, have a sig you want to show off? Instead of posting (or spamming) in random topics come here and show off your hard work. My sig was designed by me using the GIMP, it features my username and Ingus from Final Fantasy III.

Blog Entries

WTF???
    You do that with GIMP? For how long have you used it? The text is awsome!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Mine was done by polaris and i don't plan to change it for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    WTF???
    You do that with GIMP? For how long have you used it? The text is awsome!
    I've had it roughly three months. I made the text by using the simple text tool and set it to its own layer, duplicated it about three times, and used different effects on each layer. I used Motion blur, Smash effect, and then Emboss. I have previous experience with image rendering programs like Ulead GIF Animator.

mine is the from the cover of FFT: Lion War. I use photoshop and my sig was originally a banner that was cropped up so it fits this forum's sig size limits. It's a mix of traditional art and modern vector along with some scratches and scribbles. Really busy but people seem to like it.

Yeah, it is kind of busy as is most contemperary art. It looks nice.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I did this one in paint shop pro 8. The piccy is mine as well, Terra from FFVI. I preferred the sketch but meh. I just used a custom tube for the leaves, I can't remember what the font is.

This is the full sized version which I prefer a lot more, but the file size is just way too big. I dunno how everyone else's filesize is small enoughs...

Blog Entries

I've just finished this one at GIMP

Well, my sig was made with Macromedia Fireworks 8. The inner images are from Castlevania LoI. I made the text without knowing what effects I used hehe n.nU. The fiery border is of my creation, and one of my favorite effects. I have a *.png version of the sig, but IE is great destroying the transparency on them ò.ó.

And scrumpleberry, your sig is smaller than mine, I think you can use it without problems o.o

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Well, my sig was made with Macromedia Fireworks 8. The inner images are from Castlevania LoI. I made the text without knowing what effects I used hehe n.nU. The fiery border is of my creation, and one of my favorite effects. I have a *.png version of the sig, but IE is great destroying the transparency on them ò.ó.

And scrumpleberry, your sig is smaller than mine, I think you can use it without problems o.o
    But the filesize is over 50kb when I check it on my puta :P.

The firey firey fire is very nice, I love it.

the most flasy and movebul makes my sig and little hints and stuff.
    i am soooo vain

Here's the first sig I have ever made; I did it on GIMP last Saturday. Not great, but not bad for a first try.

How on earth do you get more interesting fonts onto GIMP?

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

Do I need any kind of skill to make a sig?

Blog Entries

Yes.. you need talent and a good taste for art! And a programm a good one :rolleyes2

Or just a program to make them with if you don't really mind if yours don't look all that good cos of lack of talent or skill , like my usual fare.