Thread: SUMMONS

Default SUMMONS

Is there a list of where to obtain all of the beasts? As in where they can be found?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Chocobo, Remora, and Sylph are all purchased at a magic shop.

Shiva is gained from the hidden tower behind the waterfall in Worus Castle.

Ifrit is part of the story-line and gained in the Ancient Library.

Ramuh can be obtained in one of two ways; Fighting monsters in the woods near Easterly/Istory Village until he shows up, or as a random encounter in the castle area of The Rift.

Titan is story-gained through one of the meteors before leaving the first world.

Golem is found in Drakenvale, after saving him from two undead dragons. If they kill him, you don't get him.

Catoblepas is found in a small forest only accessible via submarine. Just swim around underwater until you arise in a little land-locked pond.

Carbuncle is found in Exdeath's Castle. Fight him and gain him.

Syldra is in the Pirate's Cave - No fight, just watch the story event.

Odin's underneath of Bal Castle, you can get to the locked basement through Jacole Cave. 60 seconds to beat him, kind of a pain.

Leviathan is in Easterly Falls. You can skip fighting him after you get the tablet, but I don't recommend it.

Phoenix is located in the Phoenix Tower in the large desert that you can't land your airship. Take your Black Chocobo there and hoof it.

Same applies for Bahamut, who's in the North Mountain on the other side.

Default catoblepas

This may seem like a stupid question, but what do you do after you defeat catoblepas, if he is STILL not summonable? Is my summoner level just not high enough, (he doesn't show up in the list even) or did the game just glitch? I haven't gotten another one to appear, and it shows up in my bestiary as 1 "slain".
    A successful marriage isn't finding the right person; it's being the right person. ?
    "The mighty oak tree was once a little nut that held its ground., ?
    "If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you can bet the water bill is higher.", ?
    "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.", William Penn
    "If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him.", ?
    "If the enemy is in range, so are you.", ?
    "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." Michelangelo
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.", ?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

When you beat Catoblepas you get the item "Catoblepas" Use that item to summon Catoblepas.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

Correction: use that item to learn to summon Catoblepas. I'm pretty sure this can only be done outside of battle.

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

Default thanks

It never occured to me to check the item list for something I thought was supposed to be automatic, and since it should have been obvious, no one said it, so I just spent 3+ hrs looking for another catoblepas, for nothing. Thank you for letting me know, I did have that item and the summon now works.
    A successful marriage isn't finding the right person; it's being the right person. ?
    "The mighty oak tree was once a little nut that held its ground., ?
    "If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you can bet the water bill is higher.", ?
    "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.", William Penn
    "If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him.", ?
    "If the enemy is in range, so are you.", ?
    "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." Michelangelo
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.", ?

another point: If you are just using summon as something other than a summoner then you have to have that level of summon, you know what I mean?

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Do not revive dead threads, please.