Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FFIV Remake Trailer

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silentenigma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    Besides, you should release games on a system that matters. You know. One that plugs into your TV.
    very true.
    Thank you.
    Very stupid.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Elpizo your attitude is completely unacceptable. We do not insult other members or deride their opinions on this site. Consider this your first warning, cut it out and post respectfully or you will be banned sooner rather than later.

Also, I'm really looking forward to this. It's definitely on my "to purchase" list.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    Elpizo your attitude is completely unacceptable. We do not insult other members or deride their opinions on this site. Consider this your first warning, cut it out and post respectfully or you will be banned sooner rather than later.

Also, I'm really looking forward to this. It's definitely on my "to purchase" list.
    Fine, ban me then if it makes you happy. I think my attitude is completely fine, thank you. So far, this is only the second time I strongly disagree, but I guess all my other time on this site does not make up my attitude, only this post and the former incident.

Denying the importance of handhelds is just stupid, plain and simple, especially when we look at the sales charts of japan. If we look what dominates that, it's the DS. And what matters for SE is either sales or gaphical power. Don't know if any of you've noticed, but so far the DS has the largest list of games coming for it, of any of the platforms SE supports. Which system matters now, huh? Personal preference does not change the importance the DS has for SE, if you like small screens or not. And I'll say it again, not everybody can afford or is allowed to have system that matters and plug into your TV. For those people, having fine 3D RPGs on their little screens can be a blessing. The DS sells, the games of SE on it sell, SE makes money with it, it's important to them. And that is simply a fact, all personal preferences aside.

Just to add to the pretty decent summery in the above post of why the DS is a good idea for these remakes, it's also worth noting that it takes a lot less time to develop games for the DS then it does a full-blown console game these days. Consider that FFIV DS was only annoinced a few months ago and is apparently set for release at the end of this year. Compare that to Final Fantasy XII, where there was something like 5 years in between its announcement and actual release.

Sure, a DS remake won't have the production value of a PS3 one but at least we'll be getting it sometime in the next year as opposed to the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure Hunter Locke View Post
    At first, I was glad when this was announced but after watching the trailer and reading on some information about the DS version. Now I can't wait for this! I think it will be amazing, hopefully.
    Same thing here.