Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite class for Ramza?

Default Favourite class for Ramza?

what is your personal favourite class to make ramza? i like to make him a ninja, but they have s defence, so i change him to a knight after a while (a bit of a disappointing class, but awesome defence and able to equip lots of defence-raising armor).

So what's your favourite class?
    Last edited by .:kerrod:.; 06-03-2007 at 01:18 PM.

I actually like the Squire class for him, I have feel it more balanced than any other class that I have tried on him. But I tend to play with the special commands with him, so after getting Ultima I tend to change his class sometimes

yeah, about that, when does he get ultima?

and what does he say before he casts it? (not every time, but on occasion)

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

You are given only three chances to learn Ultima:

1) Gates of Limberry Castle: Celia and Lede will cast it as a last resort. The trick is to immobilize them without killing them. Equip everyone against status ailments (Death is nasty) and kill off the flunkies, then cast Don't Move on them. Lastly have Ramza as a Squire move just into spellcasting range. If he's hit and survives, he'll learn it. This is the best place to learn it.

2) Inside Limberry Castle: Celia and Lede become Ultima Demons, which can cast Ultima, but prefer not to.

3) Chapel of Murond Church: One of the demons with Zalbag is an Ultima Demon. Same ability to cast Ultima, along with the reluctance to cast it.

As for the best class, Squire has too many perks to pass up by Chapter 4. Note Ramza has a lot more flexibility with weapons and armor than a typical Squire.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    You are given only three chances to learn Ultima:

1) Gates of Limberry Castle: Celia and Lede will cast it as a last resort. The trick is to immobilize them without killing them. Equip everyone against status ailments (Death is nasty) and kill off the flunkies, then cast Don't Move on them. Lastly have Ramza as a Squire move just into spellcasting range. If he's hit and survives, he'll learn it. This is the best place to learn it.

2) Inside Limberry Castle: Celia and Lede become Ultima Demons, which can cast Ultima, but prefer not to.

3) Chapel of Murond Church: One of the demons with Zalbag is an Ultima Demon. Same ability to cast Ultima, along with the reluctance to cast it.

As for the best class, Squire has too many perks to pass up by Chapter 4. Note Ramza has a lot more flexibility with weapons and armor than a typical Squire.
    There's the answer to the first question, thank you BG

And for what he says when he casts Ultima, if my memory don't fails it goes like this "Brush off vanity and show reality! Ultima!"

Ramza makes a good Bard, since his Faith can be as high as you want it without him leaving. And give him Talk Skill and Guts, then Scream a few times and Invite raises its percentage. Ramza and Reis make the best Mediators. Reis as a Dragoner also has high MA, and Ramza has Scream to get his own MA higher.
    Aurora, exhale bloody air! Dark Holy!

Banned

I have him start off as a squire, then a Knight, and then a Ninja.

I love this party:

Ninja x 3
    Summoner x 2

This is the best party I've tried so far; it rocked my socks.
    Ninjas just kept fighting, and Summoners called the Summons.
    If I needed healing, I just summoned Moogle.

Articles
    Blog Entries

for some of the game i keep him as a monk, then i try to get two swords from the ninja job so i can hit with both fists for massive damage.

But as I get to later in the game, the Squire class becomes too good for him, heavy armor, the Yell command, learning ultima, alot of good things. by then two swords on him is adequate enough. sometimes i might give him punch art, for chakra and wave fist for long range.

I once made him go through all Jobs (Calculator and Mime included) And I pretty much enjoyed his Squire job. He keeps a lot of HP, he can move 4 panels away. I really made him powerful giving him the Samurai's Blade Grasp, The Calculator's Math Skill, the Ninja's Two Swords, and the Monk's Move-HP up. And not to forget he had 97 Brave. He was one mean killing machine. It's a shame that I no longer have that file.

Monk

Item / Jump
    Blade grasp
    Throw / Equip armor / Secret Hunt
    Move+3

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

"Its those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular..."

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

My favorite setup for Ramza was to make him a Geomancer and give him the abilities Two Swords and Counter. That way he can use long-ranged Geomancer attacks to soften the enemies, he hits with two swords and whenever he's being attacked, there's a chance that he'll counter with his two swords.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Funniest thing JUST happened actually, right now as I'm replaying the game. I'm on top of Riovanes Castle, I've got a generic ninja, mustadio, agrias, and ramza. First turn the Ninja gets the jump, runs up the front side of the assassins and does about 250 dmg to one of them. Next turn Rafa walks up next to the ninja and attacks that same assassin with her stick (Shes just barely above critical at this point). Next turn each assassin walks to the far side of the Roof and starts casting something on both Rafa and the Ninja. At this point I'm curious so I check to see their subcommands, and sure enough, no magic. So I realize, doy! They are using Ultima, never seen them cast that in this battle before

Alas, Ramza got hit by Ultima and no learning. What a shame, I thought maybe its actually possible to get Ultima before Chapter 4.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Even if Ramza was a Squire, he wouldn't learn Ultima. That's because the hidden slot for Ultima in Guts doesn't appear until Chapter 4, along with Scream.

for some reason i go straight for thief as soon as possible.

i know weak attack good speed and jump though. also the fact that i steal enemies weapons makes battles easier.

my best set up ever though.

knight

sword whatever/ guts
    hamedo
    two swords
    move + 3

ragnarok and excalibur. equpiied with the best equipment for speed so i have a a knight with 2 swords that can move good distance and good speed and is dangerous to attack. also if i dont happen to ahve ragnarok save the queen can fill in. but excaliburs hatse is pretty important. and if still too far away eat rock from guts.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Although, not the absolute strongest in terms of pure damage output. My best Ramza is a battle mage. Spend most the early game mastering Guts and lvling up as a monk. Around chapter 4 I switch back to Squire for good.

Skills:
    Guts
    Black Magic
    Blade Grasp
    Magic Atkup
    Move +3

Equip:
    Rune Sword
    Aegis Shield
    Grand Helmet
    Robe of Lords
    Bracer

As a squire/monk lvling up, I have a lot of HP, prot+shell=I don't die ever. And there is no running from me thanks to move+3 and black magic. All in all, despite me being a squire, black magic is still very powerful. (+3 MA+Scream) He may not be able to deal 400 damage per turn, but he's still the best around.
    this is my signature...THIS IS MY SIGNATURE IN CAPS....