Thread: Why do my characters randomly learn new Overdrives?

Banned

Default Why do my characters randomly learn new Overdrives?

My characters sometimes learn new Overdrives all of a sudden, and the last one was Yuna, who learnt "Healer".
    What's this?

They are called "Overdrive Modes". They are the way you can fill up your overdrive gauge. If my memory don't fails, you can change them in the character's stats.

For example, if you equip Yuna with Healer, her overdrive gauge will fill up everytime you heal someone with Yuna. There are other ones, if the character get hurt, if the character kill a monster, or even if the character is the only one standing. The ones you get depends on how you use each character.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza Beoulve View Post
    They are called "Overdrive Modes". They are the way you can fill up your overdrive gauge. If my memory don't fails, you can change them in the character's stats.

For example, if you equip Yuna with Healer, her overdrive gauge will fill up everytime you heal someone with Yuna. There are other ones, if the character get hurt, if the character kill a monster, or even if the character is the only one standing. The ones you get depends on how you use each character.
    Wow, sounds cool.

In that case, I'll have Tidus on Slayer Warrior while Yuna is set on Healer.

...because I always have Tidus kill attack monsters and Yuna heal.
    Last edited by Peter_20; 06-04-2007 at 03:42 PM.

C'mon C'mon

Setting it to warrior is much more effective for Tidus.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Setting it to warrior is much more effective for Tidus.
    That actually was my intention, but I accidently referred to Slayer. XD

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Slayer (which is Killer) fills only when an enemy is defeated. Warrior fills per attack.

Chances are, you should learn Warrior for Tidus, Auron, Wakka, and Kimahri by Djose. Alternatively, Wakka may also learn Tactician (Overdrive fills based on status infliction). Yuna should learn Healer by then also, and Lulu might learn Warrior, but since she does mangic damage, it is unlikely. All of your character may or may not learn Ally (filling based on turns) by Djose, also.

If you're learning Sufferer/Coward within normal game limits, then you need to stop playing games altogether.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancer takes forever to learn

Yeah you learn then everytime you do something associated with the overdrive mode.

And to quote from the guide "A character must have experienced specific battle situations several times in order to learn a new overdrive mode. For example, you will learn the Daredevil Mode once she has participated in 90 battles with less than 50% of her HP."

you can exploit these modes to pull f neat tricks in the game, such as the don tonberry trick. hav 2 chars ODs set to comrade (charges when allies take dmg) and have the other char on stoic. using overdrive -> AP weapons, jus hav the stoic char atk for uber amounts of AP. 99 slvls in bout 20 mins its great.

Why do you imprison your saviour?

C'mon C'mon

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Dancer takes forever to learn
    Then when you learn it, it's useless