Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ??????

Blog Entries

While the same would happen with any system, it truly is seeming to have a very Gamecube-like future. There are a few games I could mention that are announced that I'm looking forward to, (Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl) but other than that, not very much. It looks like it may end up riding on 2nd and 1st Parties, like the GCN did.

Now, of course, this is about the Wi-Fi thing, so I suppose I'll just tell you that the Virtual Console is over-priced, but still pretty cool. I've downloaded 7 games from it, all of which I really like. The Internet browser is nice, but is really only good for playing Mouse-Only flash games and Full Screen Youtube. The Voting Channel is interesting for a bit, but most likely won't be the most fun you have with the Wii. >_> The News channel is, well, news. Nothing cool there. The Weather Channel, the same as News. So don't be TOO upset with your Wii.

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

I am in the same boat as you are. Sorta. Me, I loved mine at first. It was all I did was play my Wii, but now it isn't fun anymore. The game selection is poor and all I do on mine anymore is play my GC games. Honestly, about the only thing that I am even the least bit eager for the Wii is gonna be the Smash Brothers game and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. Also, I am really looking forward for the Wii version of Resident Evil 4. If it wasn't for that, I would probably sell mine to my buddy because he is wanting one bad.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

I laugh at every single person in this thread, especially those already making predictions about the consoles future. If people made predictions like this at the beginning of the DS, and actually believed them, well....

The Wii is starting off slightly better than the DS(at least in terms of game library). But look at where the DS is now.

oh, and to say that it'll rely on 1st/2nd party games is just hilarious, especially considering all the third parties interested in it. I expected the Wii to start slow, just like the DS, it's only a matter of time til it picks up with 3rd parties knowing what they're doing.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Right now the only thing that I'm looking forward to is the possibility of Lego Batman being released on the Wii.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    I laugh at every single person in this thread, especially those already making predictions about the consoles future. If people made predictions like this at the beginning of the DS, and actually believed them, well....

The Wii is starting off slightly better than the DS(at least in terms of game library). But look at where the DS is now.
    As it stands right now, it makes sense to say that it will be supported largely by Nintendo made products since third parties have yet to even announce anything that could be considered a killer app, or which really takes advantage of the controller. I also worry that the announcement of major titles for it by third parties will be few and far between if they happen at all. The Wii is by and large a causal system; something for those who want to have some fun with friends on the weekend, or who rarely played games before this. It's not exactly a prime market for the MGS's of the world. In fact, given the market and the easy development, with low dev costs, I think it may actually discourage a lot of companies from putting major titles on it. I agree with the let's wait and see attitude, but it would be foolish to ignore the fact that the future doesn't look overly promising as far as third party titles are concerned.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

That's why Nintendo is allowing Manhunt 2. People forget Wii is supposed to be a 'normal' game system too. I think Manhunt is the wrong game for this, but it's the only thing like it that's coming out soon.

Bored with the system? Try some new, different games. Trauma Center is great, it mostly uses the pointer. Kororinpa Marble Mania is great, if too short, and is the best use of the motion sensor in any game so far. WarioWare is also huge fun while it lasts.

Wii's value increases exponentially when you play it with other people. I recently played a few 12-player rounds of WarioWare at a company party, and everyone enjoyed it. Wii sports is fine too.

These are the things that are out right now. Instead of looking for the Next Huge Game, look at some of the new stuff. Wii is going to be getting more new franchises (from 3rd parties at least) than established series. If you're looking for Konami to bring over a Metal Gear or Castlevania, you'll miss Elebits or Dewy's Adventure.

If you don't feel like trying new stuff, then just wait for the stuff you want. I'm sure you still have a PS2, and there's stuff still there to play.

As for the WiFi issue, I'm not sure how the USB thing works. Doesn't it come with a CD? Does the CD ask you to download something from the internet, or does it install from the CD? If the CD install is freezing your computer, try copying the files from the CD onto your harddrive and running the install from there.

And yet, you all overlook REsident Evil 4 Wii Edition...

For shame!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.