Thread: yes, i know...i suck :(

Unhappy yes, i know...i suck :(

ok, so, can somebody explain to me exactly what brave and faith do? i know, this is a pathetically stupid question and i should be flamed, but i bought this when i was heaps younger and didnt really understand it and, of course, i lost the booklet. So to this day i do not know what they are for...explanation?

and while you're here, how do you get zodiac?

Default i am a good kid... :D

brave concentrates on physical properties of the character, like his effectiveness in battle using physical attacks. it is some what like a "basis" for a character wether or not he/she would be effective physically.

faith is more on the magical side of battle and character build. a character with higher faith will be more effective in duking out magical effectiveness like summon damage/effectiveness, black magic damage/effectiveness, etc.
    ----
    both stats of a character is set and can only be changed by methods like yin yang magic like foxbird(decreases an opponent's brave points).
    ----
    *notes:
    0 or too little bravery causes one's character to transform to a "chicken" disabling him/her to participate in battle but will revert to normal gradually. the restorative process takes time unless acted upon.
    100 or excessively high faith also has it's negative effects but i cannot really explain it. it was said that it has similar effects as "chicken" where in the character would try to avoid battle. not really sure though.
    ----

but it is a really complicated process in approximating the effectiveness in a character. you'll have to take in the numbers for faith/brave, the equipment stats and most of all the zodiac signs(compatibility) of the character and it's corresponding target.

hope i helped!
    :bigbiggrin:
    :kaoyatta:

Default i really am a good kid... :D

to get zodiac, a summoner must be hit by Elidibs summon which is zodiac and hope and pray that the summoner will live through the carnage.
    you only need for one summoner to learn zodiac since you can spread it around by targetting you allies while they are in summoner job.

how to make/get sigs?

wow, that brave stuff is confusing

but if you target your allies, it doesnt hit them, so how can they learn it?
    Also, with Ultima, is Ramza the only one who can learn it?

Quote Originally Posted by Krod91 View Post
    wow, that brave stuff is confusing

but if you target your allies, it doesnt hit them, so how can they learn it?
    Also, with Ultima, is Ramza the only one who can learn it?
    If my memory don't fails, don't see until nearly the last battleAlma uses Ultima sometimes during the last battle, but she doesn't learns it before, and you cannot control her even Ramza is the only one that can learn Ultima.

probably just to being in the casting range is good enough...
    just try it...
    there one thread here that reveals on how Ramza can learn Ultima...

btw, i have never seen anyone either Alma or the Ultima enemies use ultima... probably because i don't let the battle last long enough for them to be able to use it...
    Last edited by gudkid; 06-05-2007 at 12:04 PM. Reason: hmm...

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I just want to add that Faith makes the character more vunerable to the effects of magic (both good and bad), so having high Faith is a double-edged sword. For a character who is Innocent (like Worker 8), spells have no effect at all.

There are two approaches to teaching Zodiac to everyone:

1) Lower the Faith of an enemy Summoner, hit them with Zodiac, and hope they hit your Summoner with it.

2) Lower the Faith of an enemy Summoner, hit them with Zodiac, then kill them and wait for them to crystalize. You have to keep at least one other enemy alive.

I can't say I tried method 1), but method 2) works well. There's a level on Deep Dungeon where you can randomly encounter two summoners and two monsters. I managed to teach Zodiac to every human in my party.