Thread: Completing the Bestiary

Default Completing the Bestiary

Second playthrough: I'm trying to complete the bestiary (to get all the extra info). Are there any monsters that I could miss out on if I don't complete them within a certain time? Garamsythe Waterway and Barheim Passage in particular are worrying me since they have "two versions" or sets of monsters.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The Entite on Paramina Rift is A LOT harder to get after you beat Fafnir, because it only appears when it is snowing heavily and it won't snow like that after you beat him.

I believe some other entites might be like this.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

its hard to get Gnoma Entites out AFTER you beat the earth Tyrant.... just wait for the Giza Plains to go into the wet state, w.e its called, and enter from the area to the Dalmasca Westersand ONLY when it is raining in the area before the Dalmasca Westersand

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Second playthrough: I'm trying to complete the bestiary (to get all the extra info). Are there any monsters that I could miss out on if I don't complete them within a certain time? Garamsythe Waterway and Barheim Passage in particular are worrying me since they have "two versions" or sets of monsters.
    No, its possible to go back to certain areas to complete the bestiary. By the way, the Ghosts and Gargoyles are still in the Garamsythe Waterway; they are just in one specific (which I can't remember at the moment) and they are level 40, just like the Lizards and Malboro Overkings.

What's more annoying IMO are the 80 Rare Monsters.

I bet you'll have trouble finding 14 Mandragora Princes, Top Stalks, Onion Queens, Alraune Kings, and Pumpkin Stars in the Feywood. I've yet to encounter them but I hear you can get them for a certain amount of time after defeating all enemies in the Feywood's snowy parts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dynast-Kid View Post
    I bet you'll have trouble finding 14 Mandragora Princes, Top Stalks, Onion Queens, Alraune Kings, and Pumpkin Stars in the Feywood. I've yet to encounter them but I hear you can get them for a certain amount of time after defeating all enemies in the Feywood's snowy parts.
    You have to kill all monsters in one of the areas where there is a huge snowfield. I think it was called "Ice field of Clearsight" (it's the second to last area in the Feywood before Giruvegan). Once you have killed all the monsters, exit and re-enter, and now the only monsters that will spawn are the Mandragoras. They will be in one of the many shrines, and they might alternate from shrine to shrine.

You MUST find them quick; otherwise, if they use Mystery Waltz (increases level by a percentage) too many times, you will probably be facing lvl 99 enemies.

Once they spawn for the first time, you can now make spawn EVERY TIME by going two screens away and back (until you leave the Feywood that is)

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynast-Kid View Post
    You have to kill all monsters in one of the areas where there is a huge snowfield. I think it was called "Ice field of Clearsight" (it's the second to last area in the Feywood before Giruvegan). Once you have killed all the monsters, exit and re-enter, and now the only monsters that will spawn are the Mandragoras. They will be in one of the many shrines, and they might alternate from shrine to shrine.

You MUST find them quick; otherwise, if they use Mystery Waltz (increases level by a percentage) too many times, you will probably be facing lvl 99 enemies.

Once they spawn for the first time, you can now make spawn EVERY TIME by going two screens away and back (until you leave the Feywood that is)
    Hey, thanks for the advice!

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

- N - that is a good point they raised. After you clear the icefield on the Feywood, you might not be able to get the praying Mantis and the Giruveganus T-Rex because they stop coming and only the Mandragoras come. The Behemoths are still available inside Giruvegan but the snakes, mantis and TRex are not.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    - N - that is a good point they raised. After you clear the icefield on the Feywood, you might not be able to get the praying Mantis and the Giruveganus T-Rex because they stop coming and only the Mandragoras come. The Behemoths are still available inside Giruvegan but the snakes, mantis and TRex are not.
    Actually, I might have been a little unclear. I meant to say that the Mandragoras will keep on spawning until you leave the Feywood. Then the normal enemies will respawn once again. Once that happens, you will have to kill them all and exit and re-enter again in order to make the Mandragoras appear again.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Actually, I might have been a little unclear. I meant to say that the Mandragoras will keep on spawning until you leave the Feywood. Then the normal enemies will respawn once again. Once that happens, you will have to kill them all and exit and re-enter again in order to make the Mandragoras appear again.
    YOU, KNOW, TOO, MUCH!

PuPu, your an ff addict.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    YOU, KNOW, TOO, MUCH!

PuPu, your an ff addict.
    You should hear all the stuff I know about chocobos.

That is what I understood, but thanks for clarifying. Have you completed the bestiary before? It's beginning to seem like quite the task.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That is what I understood, but thanks for clarifying. Have you completed the bestiary before? It's beginning to seem like quite the task.
    I don't think he has but he's getting closer each day. Yes PuPu I AM answering for you.

Banned

All that's left is Omega Mark XII and Yiazmat.

Yes PuPu I AM answering for you.
    Just wait until I answer for you one day.