Thread: mate in trouble

Moogle mate in trouble

i,ve got a mate who is stuck on FFX. he is fighting a dragon on an airship and cant beat it, got any tips?

VINCENT ROCKS!!! DUDE

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Search Evrae.

Here's one I found in an earlier thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    At first, cast Slow on Evrae if you have it. continue your normal cycle of attacks until it either Slows Evrae, or Evrae casts Haste on itself. After then Slow spells are made void.

If you can survive until Haste, then make sure you are Hasted when Evrae uses it. Stock up on Al Bhed Potions, and try to have the Alchemy ability attached to an Armor (IIrc think Alchemy is an Armor ability). Take advantage of Cid's Missiles when possible, and keep either Rikku and Tidus available to give commands.

If you used Slow, then good for you, since Lulu is near useless for the rest of the battle.

From here, you have two choices, doing a far-off assault, or a full-on frontal take-on, involving all melee characters. Far-off takes longer, but is generally safer until Evrae catches up (this is an attack), and Missiles can only be used from here. You should by now, know how many haloes you have of missiles. Wakka, Lulu (LOL), Kimahri, and Rikku are good here.

If you want to take him on, have Auron, Tidus, Wakka, or Kimahri do the damage through normal attacks. Unleash overdrives when possible. If Kimahri knows "Use," then have him slop out the Al Bhed Potions. Otherwise, attack normally, and heal properly by backing away or bringing in Rikku.

Can't really do anything besides that. If you are over-leveled, you shouldn't have any problem now. If you are under-leveled, you still shouldn't have any problems by now.

Banned
    Blog Entries

don't die

always a protip that one

haste(ga) is a must
    slow is a must
    stay in until evrae breathes in
    move out if cid gets a go before evrae after evrae has breathed in
    al bhed potions are your friends
    rinse and repeat

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Try to have dispel by this point. You can dispel Haste and he won't recast it.
    My setup was as follows.
    Tidus, Kimahri and Rikku started it off with Tidus casting Hastega to speed everyone up and Rikku casting slow on Evrae. Then I just hacked away with everyone, pulling back when needed and then moving back in. Rikku and Kimahri used Al Bhed potions if needed.
    After he cast Haste on himself I brought in Lulu and Auron instead of Rikku and Kimahri. Tidus cast Hastega again so they could be sped up. Lulu cast Dispel removing Evrae's Haste and then Auron and Tidus hacked away while Lulu cast Firaga. Use any overdrives you have now.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Remember to use Delay attack/buster if you're about to be sprayed and don't have time to pull back n.n

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Two can play at that game Tav.

Quote Originally Posted by Firo Volondé View Post
    Train. The fiends you brought from Home give decent experience. As for the battle itself, I would recommend fighting mostly at close range, with Auron, Kimahri, and Tidus, and at long range with Lulu, Wakka and Rikku. If Tidus knows Hastega, Kimahri Use, and Rikku White Magic, then you shouldn't have any problems.
    This is a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanus1 View Post
    i,ve got a mate who is stuck on FFX. he is fighting a dragon on an airship and cant beat it, got any tips?
    All you have to do to defeat this beast is reduce it's HP to 0. That should have him defeated.

Use Rikku's mix overdrive and mix two smoke bombs (can steal from the alcyones or the Zu like bird in the desert).

Use haste on all of your characters. I used Auron, Tidus, Rikku. I used the smoke bomb thing then had Rikku heal and remove status effects while Tidus hastes/attacks and Auron uses attacks.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nice View Post
    All you have to do to defeat this beast is reduce it's HP to 0. That should have him defeated.
    U STEAL MY OBVIOUS ANSWER YOU FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by demondude55 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nice View Post
    U STEAL MY OBVIOUS ANSWER YOU FAIL
    Oh, so it's your answer is it?