Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the crappiest Square Enix game you ever played?

Why the FFX hate?

I never get it.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    I thought FFTA was terrible and boring as heck.
    This and FFXI. Thought I think FFXI wins my award, mainly for costing me so much just to play it for ten minutes and decide that it sucked.
    US12.95 is nothing for a month (sure it adds up... but eh)...

*slaps* buy FFXI and play ;3

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    Xenogears goes down in history as the first RPG I ever started but couldn't bring myself to play all the way through, and the only one on a major console (by which I mean, not a handheld one).

Generally I'll finish any RPG all the way through even if I'm not digging it, just to see the ending. I have suffered through games I truly hated for this reason. But Xenogears, holy living crap. I never made it through the first disk. 10 minutes of gameplay, 45 minutes of watching a movie, five more minutes of gameplay, 30 more of a movie, etc. And from what I heard, it only gets worse on the second disk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthier Rocks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Phire View Post
    Final Fantasy X
    :kaoangry: Final fantasy X! Yikes get-a-life, on of the best games of the series.

Xenogears, vagrant story

(Should of been a poll)
    You two have officailly made my "list" how can anyone hate Xenogears? Or Vagrant Story?

Pummels them with harsh text

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    Why the FFX hate?

I never get it.
    I could... nah it would be too easy to explain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    You two have officailly made my "list" how can anyone hate Xenogears? Or Vagrant Story?
    Xenogears has rather linear gameplay with a horrible random encounter rate, half-ass jumping puzzles and a very mediocre translation that at times makes delving into the otherwise fantastic plot a chore.

Vagrant Story has a pedantic, unforgiving leveling system which makes it fairly inaccessible to your average JRPG junkie.

I'm not saying that I harbor any dislike for either game but I can understand how others could.

Rad Racer 2. Almost drove me as crazy as FF10-2 does.

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    Xenogears goes down in history as the first RPG I ever started but couldn't bring myself to play all the way through, and the only one on a major console (by which I mean, not a handheld one).

Generally I'll finish any RPG all the way through even if I'm not digging it, just to see the ending. I have suffered through games I truly hated for this reason. But Xenogears, holy living crap. I never made it through the first disk. 10 minutes of gameplay, 45 minutes of watching a movie, five more minutes of gameplay, 30 more of a movie, etc. And from what I heard, it only gets worse on the second disk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthier Rocks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Phire View Post
    Final Fantasy X
    :kaoangry: Final fantasy X! Yikes get-a-life, on of the best games of the series.

Xenogears, vagrant story

(Should of been a poll)

Pummels them with harsh text

Why the FFX hate?

I never get it.
    I could... nah it would be too easy to explain

*Attempts to fake laugh*

*Then starts whining*

I still dont get it. XD.

I know, eh? What's wrong with these people?! -beats them with a copy of Xenogears-

Why the FFX hate?

I never get it.
    I once wrote out a whole long post explaining why I don't like FFX on another forum, and I could do it again...but I'm lazy and tired, so I'm just going to say it's because I hate Tidus.
    Disclaimer: The above does not necessarily represent the opinions of anyone.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah I can see why :rolleyes2

Unlimited Saga. It was like trying to order Chinese food... For 60 strait hours. With slot machines.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Why the FFX hate?

I never get it.
    They just hate the things in FFX that the FFX fans love so much. Some of them hate it just to be cool, but some people do genuinely hate it

Tidus is my favorite character and I LOVE THE LAUGHING SCENE SO MUCH I LOLed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lachrymosa View Post
    Originally I was going to say Dirge of Cerberus, but then I decided Legend of Mana was worse.
    You deserve to die just because of this decision

Unlimited Saga

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Originally I was going to say Dirge of Cerberus, but then I decided Legend of Mana was worse.
    Aww..such hatred. I just didn't like the storyline...or should I say, lack of one.
    Disclaimer: The above does not necessarily represent the opinions of anyone.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    Xenogears has rather linear gameplay with a horrible random encounter rate, half-ass jumping puzzles and a very mediocre translation that at times makes delving into the otherwise fantastic plot a chore.

Vagrant Story has a pedantic, unforgiving leveling system which makes it fairly inaccessible to your average JRPG junkie.

I'm not saying that I harbor any dislike for either game but I can understand how others could.
    I understand. I never said either was perfect (remembers the horrible platforming in the Tower of Babel...). But to say they are the worst?

For Vagrant Story though, I actually enjoyed the difficulty. The game came out in a time when I felt games were becoming too accessible (and by that I mean games were becoming ridiculously easy.) I like that it was brutally difficult. It's story made it worth it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Why the FFX hate?

I never get it.
    They just hate the things in FFX that the FFX fans love so much. Some of them hate it just to be cool, but some people do genuinely hate it

Tidus is my favorite character and I LOVE THE LAUGHING SCENE SO MUCH I LOLed!
    I hated FFX waaayyy before it became "cool" to hate FFX But I'm probably lumped into your first explanation. The game is a cheesey interactive TV soap opera in a nutshell. But despite this I still feel Squenix has made much worse games...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Aww..such hatred. I just didn't like the storyline...or should I say, lack of one.
    Sorry about that, I just can't imagine someone who has played LoM thinking of it as a bad game, but actually you could say Legend of Mana had 3 principal storylines, and different side stories. Sorry

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

OF the games ive played i'd probably say FF1 or FF10-2...havnt said that to give an accurate opion you have to think of how they would of made you feel/their relative quality at the time they were realesed...FF1 was good when it came out and was unlike anything at the time, FF10-2 was crap and unadvanced (except for the graphics) even when it first came out so yeah FF10-2 loses...its the worst. Havnt said this there are probably much worse SE games that i havnt played yet.