Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What is the crappiest Square Enix game you ever played?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Princess View Post
    i dont like dirge of cerebus, dont like vincent. he was a bad character. ive never played 11, is it bad?
    It's an MMO, so I wouldn't rank it along with the other FFs...I've never played another MMO, so I can't compare it to anything :P

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All SaGa games. They are atrocious beyond measure.

Edit: Fact: FFX is the best FF, FFX-2 is great, and Vagrant Story is awesome if you can get into it. Fact transmission end!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeZipster View Post
    FFX-2
    yeah i agree but Drakengard is i duno Caims in love with his sister Furie acording to the dragons hints the things she says ew i lurv ff but its just gros

KH1-2 and ffx and x-2. that's about it, i don't really care about SE anymore *sigh*

Kingdom Hearts, its just not my kind of game:rolleyes2

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Hmm... Dawn of Mana, anyone? It's playable, but just barely. What makes it so bad is the fact that it had such enormous potential! When I saw the World of Mana artwork, drawn up in Legend of Mana fashion, and the early screens of Keldy running over green plains with rabites bouncing around, I knew that I had to buy a PS2. It looked to be what fans had been clamoring for for years: A Mana game in the roots of Secret of Mana. Free-roaming world map, a twisting storyline. And then we get bad camera angles, an over-focus on the mono system, and the elimination of most RPG elements (No towns, no levels past 4, story chapters, loss of levels after every chapter). And now they probably won't make any more Mana games on the logic that "Dawn of Mana did badly, people don't want another one." If Square would just go back to the old formula, Mana could thrive once again.
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Princess View Post
    i dont like dirge of cerebus, dont like vincent. he was a bad character. ive never played 11, is it bad?
    It's an MMO, so I wouldn't rank it along with the other FFs...I've never played another MMO, so I can't compare it to anything :P
    It has a storyline that pretty much pummels most of the others out of anything.

And the gameplay is fantastic :]

edit: and as for the person claiming Caim to love Furiae or however you spell it, Only as a brother.

It's the other way around, and it might be grosse yes, but it adds a new depth in storylines that games just don't experiment with these days ((SPOILER)They never kiss or anything, Furiae gets dammned after death (By her spoony bard "Boyfriend") and kills everyone, it's real twisted...)

Angry

FFX-2 is probably one of squenix's best games when it comes to gameplay.[/quote]

!!!!!wat it was a cheap budget game they use all the same backgrounds and suroudings from FFX and they didn't even talk in time with there voices the only reson ppl bought it was to see wat happened to tidus then you have to get a high percentage to get an ending where she finds him. Silver rings gold earings to protect them in battle its just like charlies angels full of cheese.

It's the other way around, and it might be grosse yes, but it adds a new depth in storylines that games just don't experiment with these days[/quote]

theres a reson for that watching all the vids it just plain wierd babies eating ppl that cycopath mana killing the world cause her mum didn't love her yes i got it mixed up Furie is the one who loves him and her thick headed Inuart puts her in one of those eggy seed things i must admit watching Furie kill Dumb ass Inuart was funny (random though) and thank god Caim loses his voice e.g feel the steel of my blade empire scum thank god he loses his voice there is ways to make things diffrent but its to far.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rase View Post
    Unlimited Saga.
    That about sums it up. It was the only game I've ever played for about 10 minutes, and traded it back to the secondhand shop I got it from.

hahahaahah, 10 imuntes

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

Best: FFT/Xenogears
    Worst: Unlimited Saga

I just find it hard to get into the game -- heck, I even bought it knowing I fully hate the art styling. It's really not as bad as people say, but for a company who's had unmitigated success in the same genre, it makes the lows appear even lower. FFX-2 also instantly springs to mind (at least Mystic Quest didn't hide the fact it was of an 'introductory' vein) because even the decent battle system is unable to keep the thing afloat. Since someone mentioned Drakengard, I kinda admit that the game's fun...for a few hours. When the monotony rains, it really pours.

Vagrant Story...well, I attribute most of my dislike to the fact I'm just not as good a fiend at precise button-mashing as I used to be. It's rather unforgiving to newcomers but it's got a great plot & unique battle system just the same. Just 'cause I suck at it doesn't make it an utter failure, after all.

I played this 'un named Final Fantasy Eleven that I simply couldn't stand. One of my friends talked me into playing it, spent a ton of Gil on a World Pass and then I played for twenty minutes and said "This is wank." He was not pleased.

Tactics Advance is tied for sheer disappointment too. I was kind of hoping to play that cool game with that Lion War that wasn't released in the UK and which I'd only ever been able to play for about half an hour at a time at a friend's house several miles away, and instead got a snowball fight, a practise duel against a Bangaa and then a flower-picking mission (with goblins to kill). Oh, and a judge system which turned out rules like "No magic" when against Flans, "No physical attacks" when against things that cast Reflect a lot, and my favourite, "No damage to monsters" (hopelessly smurfing you up if you had no Confuse, Bio or Death). Later on you could apparently get rule cards that let you get around this but I couldn't be bothered. I'd already seen enough. Thank smurf I only emulated it. I had a friend who really, really liked this game and he didn't understand why I hated it so much. I gave him a ROM of FFT on the PSX and within twenty minutes we saw eye-to-eye. He's not played TA since.*

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rase View Post
    Unlimited Saga.
    That about sums it up. It was the only game I've ever played for about 10 minutes, and traded it back to the secondhand shop I got it from.
    Crap, there's always someone out there who's beaten all my endurance records.

*P.S. Don't bother flaming me for my opinion on FFTA. The last person who tried that got burned, forgetting I was in a PAL territory and had been waiting for FFT for years.

P.P.S. Oh smeg, turns out this thread has been necroposted.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 01-13-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Final Fantasy VII . . . Oh, wait we're talking about the worst now?

I originally had The Bouncer pegged... no, wait, it still qualifies. I like the game but as far as know it's the worst Square-related game I've played.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Hm, the worst I played was probably Romancing Saga. But thats because i couldn't read it. So, that doesn't really count. I'd say The Bouncer even though I thought it was a decent game.